Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hm not sure maybe cause it says 'style' in the title? Kinda sounds like you're saying they are converse style rather than genuine 😅
I tried changing it to just converse ox all star and they removed it again 😭oh well! Thank you

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This happened to me too with a genuine pair of converse. I gave up in the end and still have them!
So frustrating as they had so many favourites before they got taken down! What a waste of time 🤦🏻‍♀️makes no sense!

Reactions: 2
So frustrating as they had so many favourites before they got taken down! What a waste of time 🤦🏻‍♀️makes no sense!
I had some converse on vinted for ages with loads of likes but only offers of 40% less, i stuck them on ebay instead and they sold in a few days

Second time this has happened to me lately. I refuse an offer, SS buys at full price then a few hours later cancels the order 🤬

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
People should just follow vinted descriptions, not what they thing the item is to them. Some sell themselves short by putting things as good when nothing is wrong with them, then the buyer is left wondering whether there are flaws they just didn't describe
I just bought a bag that was listed "New without tags" and in the description "with tags but not used". Arrived a couple of days ago, lovely packaging etc but opened it up to look in the pockets etc and there was a spillage of food or something in one of the pockets, glitter, cat hair and a mark on the outside. I started a return and the seller apologised with "my sincere apologies for the error of incorrectly choosing how to describe the item." Passive aggressive, much?

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
sorry to be annoying - i bought a skirt from vinted that was listed as a UK 6 but turned out to be a US 6 (UK 10), its an american brand but the sellers other items were all xs/6 and they didn't say anything about the fit. normally i don't do anything if something doesn't fit right as it's not their fault but in this case it's a completely different size... it was only £4 though so is there honestly any point in doing anything about it other than just reselling it? and do i even bother with a slightly lower review?
I think I’d raise an issue if I were you. It isn’t like it was listed correctly and just doesn’t fit, it was listed as entirely the wrong size x

Reactions: 7
I bought a lovely shirt, new without tags. Arrived yesterday, opened the bag and straight away , the stench!! Absolutely stinking of BO. Vile. Put it straight in the bin

• Sick
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I just bought a bag that was listed "New without tags" and in the description "with tags but not used". Arrived a couple of days ago, lovely packaging etc but opened it up to look in the pockets etc and there was a spillage of food or something in one of the pockets, glitter, cat hair and a mark on the outside. I started a return and the seller apologised with "my sincere apologies for the error of incorrectly choosing how to describe the item." Passive aggressive, much?
What a prick !!!!

Reactions: 3
I think I’d raise an issue if I were you. It isn’t like it was listed correctly and just doesn’t fit, it was listed as entirely the wrong size x
okay thank you! i wasn't sure whether to bother or not as the tag does say 6 and i'm kinda worried there will be some annoying back and forth, but it's so off that there's no way it's a UK 6 that just runs slightly big

Selling a pair of trainers brand new in box for 10 less than retail. They are sold out online... only problem is vinted fees etc make it only 5 less than retail.

I missed my return date as thought I liked and would keep but have since seen and bought another pair I love so these now have to go! Any advice or tip for me selling? I don't want to lose too much on them.

Selling a pair of trainers brand new in box for 10 less than retail. They are sold out online... only problem is vinted fees etc make it only 5 less than retail.

I missed my return date as thought I liked and would keep but have since seen and bought another pair I love so these now have to go! Any advice or tip for me selling? I don't want to lose too much on them.
I'd say be patient and don't accept offers you're not happy with. Post on FB vinted groups too maybe

• Heart
I understand the frustration but it seems to me that even if items are brand new with tags, people expect to pay around half of the RRP.
Yeah it's so annoying, I don't mind if item has had wear. I'll give it a day and see if there's any better offers and maybe drop 5 off the price. Would be good to get them sold and posted before I go to Taylor Swift this weekend. I'll be skint once Im back.

Selling a toy, looked on eBay and they are listed at £50 but when you filter to sold they are all a round £12/14. Looked on vinted and they are all listed for £27/28 so I thought I would try £20. Within 10 mins I’ve had 5 offers of different people. One guy did £12 £12.50 £13 £13.50 which I declined them all. He then asked what I wanted so I went back with £18.50 and he sent another offer for £13.50 😂 while writing this I’ve had two more offers for £12 for it.

• Sad
Yeah it's so annoying, I don't mind if item has had wear. I'll give it a day and see if there's any better offers and maybe drop 5 off the price. Would be good to get them sold and posted before I go to Taylor Swift this weekend. I'll be skint once Im back.
Sometimes good to wait as usually someone will come along who will buy at your full price or close to it, but depends how popular the items is.

Tbh I sometimes don't mind dropping the price to get rid of some items as my logic is I could wait and maybe someone will buy in the future or I can stick that money in a savings account and make the few pounds back in interest 😅
---
Selling a toy, looked on eBay and they are listed at £50 but when you filter to sold they are all a round £12/14. Looked on vinted and they are all listed for £27/28 so I thought I would try £20. Within 10 mins I’ve had 5 offers of different people. One guy did £12 £12.50 £13 £13.50 which I declined them all. He then asked what I wanted so I went back with £18.50 and he sent another offer for £13.50 😂 while writing this I’ve had two more offers for £12 for it.
That just shows your item is popular and someone should buy at your price. That's what usually happens to me if I have a popular item to sell

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.