Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do people send you ?? If you don’t respond to them within 5 minutes 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ a girl sent me an offer of £4 for an £8 item yesterdayI declined and wasn’t online the rest of the night as was busy with other things and she asked how much would you take I’ve just replied with £8 after her sending me that. Do people think you just sit about all day checking your vinted messages 😂😂 if you want it that bad just pay the effing price I asked for it, it was already up for half price 🤦‍♀️😅
I was selling a furniture item earlier this week via a WhatsApp buying/selling group. Someone messaged me asking for more photos (even though there was one in my group chat message) and in the 20 secs it took me to send them to her, she had sent me a “??”. I wanted to tell her to duck. OFFFF.
On top of that, she then asked me how much it cost (even though I had stated the price in my message)… and then asked me if I could drop it off to her because she doesn’t have a car (no I will not) 🫠

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone bought a pair of shorts from me 2 days ago and then sent me a message yesterday saying ''send these now as I go away next week''

Why are people so effing cheeky?! I don't expect you to have a full-on conversation with me but a hello or a please/thank you might be nice.
The thing is, they were posted yesterday morning, the tracking just takes a little while to update when it's Evri, otherwise, I'd have probably cancelled the order as I'm a petty cow 😂

on a happier note, I've just been letting my balance build up, currently got £76 on there with a further £25 pending but then I went to Primark this morning as I had the morning off and spent £60 so... 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Someone bought a pair of shorts from me 2 days ago and then sent me a message yesterday saying ''send these now as I go away next week''

Why are people so effing cheeky?! I don't expect you to have a full-on conversation with me but a hello or a please/thank you might be nice.
The thing is, they were posted yesterday morning, the tracking just takes a little while to update when it's Evri, otherwise, I'd have probably cancelled the order as I'm a petty cow 😂

on a happier note, I've just been letting my balance build up, currently got £76 on there with a further £25 pending but then I went to Primark this morning as I had the morning off and spent £60 so... 😂
I'd never leave a balance in Vinted. Too many stories of large withdrawals "going missing", accounts being randomly blocked or locked out. I withdraw everything and pop into a spare account to have as fun money

Reactions: 12
2 of the 3 SS sales have now cleared. Got a £20 sale waiting to clear a £20 sale that I had listed for £25 and she took like 5 days to collect. WHY????

Reactions: 2
I'd never leave a balance in Vinted. Too many stories of large withdrawals "going missing", accounts being randomly blocked or locked out. I withdraw everything and pop into a spare account to have as fun money
Ah thank you, good to know! :) Withdrawing it then as can't be arsed trying to chase them otherwise

Reactions: 3
Ah thank you, good to know! :) Withdrawing it then as can't be arsed trying to chase them otherwise
Yeah and they don't give a F either. Asked for stamped letters off your bank to say not received and other crap I've read.
I just opened a random little saver account thing with my bank online and use that for my funds. Then withdraw for days out, fancy things etc and it's like my treat pot lol

• Wow
  • Heart
Yeah and they don't give a F either. Asked for stamped letters off your bank to say not received and other crap I've read.
I just opened a random little saver account thing with my bank online and use that for my funds. Then withdraw for days out, fancy things etc and it's like my treat pot lol
Thank you for letting me know. God, that sounds like a nightmare. I bank with Monzo too so that would just be the most time consuming thing 😭 Hopefully, this comes into my account with no issues but will just withdraw anytime I make a sale now to be safe.. I have a little saving pots on my banking app so I will put it in there :)

‘Can you change the postage to small?’
NOPE.
Tbf (also maybe a TT™️ pro-tip) if you use Evri for Vinted, any parcels that weigh <1kg are classed as “small” as long as the longest edges aren’t longer than 120cm combined… which is probably most items that you can sell on Vinted. So, like, a shoebox-sized box with a couple of lightweight dresses in can still be classed as “small”. (Also sold a handbag that I thought felt heavy as a “small” parcel on eBay as it actually only came up to 750g via RM International / UPS - but need to be more wary on eBay as they have a lot more postage sizes and options available.)
I set all of my parcels to “small” to keep costs down for the buyer so I can understand where this buyer is coming from (as someone who recently paid £5.19 on postage for 2 small books because Vinted combined the bundle into a large parcel but the books themselves cost more to purchase elsewhere 🤬).

(Edited for clarity)

Last edited:
Anyone ever had it there the inpost locker they chose their parcels to arrive at has been out of order for days on end? Inpost have informed me that the driver will try one more time before its back to sender. Wounded as it was a holiday bundle

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve just relisted a lot of spring/summer items seems to be getting a lot of likes/views and attention. A lot of my daughters stuff is autumn/winter so think I’m just gonna delete or hide them and reupload them again in the summer cause people will be starting to buy for autumn/winter again they don’t really seem to be shifting some I’ve had up since Xmas time.

Tbf (also maybe a TT™️ pro-tip) if you use Evri for Vinted, any parcels that weigh <1kg are classed as “small” as long as the longest edges aren’t longer than 120cm combined… which is probably most items that you can sell on Vinted. So, like, a shoebox-sized box with a couple of lightweight dresses in can still be classed as “small”. (Also sold a handbag that I thought felt heavy as a “small” parcel on eBay as it actually only came up to 750g via RM International / UPS - but need to be more wary on eBay as they have a lot more postage sizes and options available.)
I set all of my parcels to “small” to keep costs down for the buyer so I can understand where this buyer is coming from (as someone who recently paid £5.19 on postage for 2 small books because Vinted combined the bundle into a large parcel but the books themselves cost more to purchase elsewhere 🤬).

(Edited for clarity)
Yeah on Vinted it has small as like cosmetics or something but on Depop it says ‘small items like dresses or a few light t shirts’. It’s the same carrier, why such a difference?!

• Wow
I’ve just seen a listing on vinted for a ‘new with tags’ bikini and there’s a pic of her bleeping wearing it 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
7 orders were delivered yesterday, how many of them have hit ok. None, not a single bleeping one. 🤬
Same, I'm waiting on £76 and nobody has pressed received. The only person who has is upset about a bit of makeup on a top that'll wash out and she wants to return. :rolleyes: So much hassle, do people not wash secondhand clothes before they wear them anyway? I know I do.

Also wtf is going on with inpost?! All my recent orders delayed/returned with no explanation. Just never delivered.
---
Anyone ever had it there the inpost locker they chose their parcels to arrive at has been out of order for days on end? Inpost have informed me that the driver will try one more time before its back to sender. Wounded as it was a holiday bundle
Issue I've had atm is the driver hasn't even been able to/bothered to deliver. They've just been delayed and then returned with no explanation. My box isn't even out of order I have no clue what's going on.

• Wow
I hate when people use Yodel. My most expensive sale has been received at the same local depot for 3 days in a row and no attempt at delivery.
Also hate the changes to Vinted as moved to "taking longer than it should" and means the tracking link has now vanished on my chat which is annoying

Can you lower the parcel size?
Can you give me your address so I can try to find postage cheaper?
Will you take a dreadfully low offer?
Make sure yoy post ASAP!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9