Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone had a parcel go to evri and then never be marked as delivered? It just stays in limbo? I returned stuff (nearly £200!) to H&M at the beginning of April and the parcel is still static. I’ve sorted getting a refund now (it’s just been done - phew) but I just wondered how often this happens? I’ve generally returned most things via Royal Mail, and they have always arrived. It’s put me off evri

Has anyone had a parcel go to evri and then never be marked as delivered? It just stays in limbo? I returned stuff (nearly £200!) to H&M at the beginning of April and the parcel is still static. I’ve sorted getting a refund now (it’s just been done - phew) but I just wondered how often this happens? I’ve generally returned most things via Royal Mail, and they have always arrived. It’s put me off evri
I think it happens as much as it does with other couriers, RM have lost things of mine before.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone here used Whatnot before? It’s a live-streaming shopping platform, like eBay and QVC with some bootfair vibes thrown in 😅

I’ve not bought anything yet, it’s a bit odd and I don’t think I’d sell on there, but there’s a few vintage resellers that have some nice bits.

I’ve sold an item and the buyer is saying they can’t collect from the in post locker as something is wrong with its screen and there’s one day left to collect. They’re asking me what they should do but I have no idea?

I’ve sold an item and the buyer is saying they can’t collect from the in post locker as something is wrong with its screen and there’s one day left to collect. They’re asking me what they should do but I have no idea?
This is my biggest bug bear about vinted. People expect you to be like an online retailer who can fix issues etc. But they all forget we're just normal people flogging our stuff for a few quid.

We don't even chose the carrier!! It's their choice

Reactions: 8
I've seen people on fb say if the buyer rings inpost they can open the locker manually I think.

Reactions: 3
I had this when I went to collect a parcel. If you download the app you can then open the locker that way.

• Heart
She could try downloading the app which lets you unlock remotely. I never use the Inpost locker screen as the app is much easier for opening lockers.

I've stupidly bid on something that's just a photo of a game case but no game :poop:
Should I ask them to cancel it or just not pay lol i don't qualify for being able to cancel my bid
scared of bad feedback as no one bothers to give me ebay feedback anymore

Why oh why do people not mark their items as received?! I always do immediately. So annoying...

Reactions: 10
does anyone know like, for example i keep seeing loads of accounts with no reviews listing house of cb dresses for £30 (they're about 150-200 rrp for anyone who isn't familiar) - what's actually the point in these scams? i know back in the day on depop when the funds were released straight away people would use it as like a short term loan, but i struggle to see what the 'method' is with these vinted scams, whether they just send an empty bag to you or what

I've stupidly bid on something that's just a photo of a game case but no game :poop:
Should I ask them to cancel it or just not pay lol i don't qualify for being able to cancel my bid
scared of bad feedback as no one bothers to give me ebay feedback anymore
If its ebay you can revoke your bid.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
does anyone know like, for example i keep seeing loads of accounts with no reviews listing house of cb dresses for £30 (they're about 150-200 rrp for anyone who isn't familiar) - what's actually the point in these scams? i know back in the day on depop when the funds were released straight away people would use it as like a short term loan, but i struggle to see what the 'method' is with these vinted scams, whether they just send an empty bag to you or what
Those accounts usually have Royal Mail as the only postage option which is how they try to scam people.

Royal Mail doesn’t have integrated tracking on Vinted, unlike Evri, Yodel, etc so the sale will automatically update to being delivered after 25-30 days (I can’t remember exactly). They will send a fake label to make you think it’s been posted. The scammers then hope you’ll forget to raise an issue within 48 hours, so the funds will be released and once that happens, you can’t get your money back.

This happened to me before, but Vinted blocked their account and refunded me without needing to wait to raise an issue. There’s SO many of these fake accounts, they really need to crack down on them.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Why oh why do people not mark their items as received?! I always do immediately. So annoying...
It drives me mad! As soon as I get something I mark as received, check it and then click everything is okay. Takes 2 seconds of my time idk how people cba to do it.

Reactions: 6
Those accounts usually have Royal Mail as the only postage option which is how they try to scam people.

Royal Mail doesn’t have integrated tracking on Vinted, unlike Evri, Yodel, etc so the sale will automatically update to being delivered after 25-30 days (I can’t remember exactly). They will send a fake label to make you think it’s been posted. The scammers then hope you’ll forget to raise an issue within 48 hours, so the funds will be released and once that happens, you can’t get your money back.

This happened to me before, but Vinted blocked their account and refunded me without needing to wait to raise an issue. There’s SO many of these fake accounts, they really need to crack down on them.
interesting, thank you for the insight! yeah, i always report the items/accounts but it comes back saying there's no issue which is frustrating

My last few have been like this. I make a point of saying in my review now “all good and got paid on auto complete”. Still give 5 stars so they don’t get pissy.

Reactions: 7
Oh god, am I a scruffy slag now? I’ve sold something I dont even remember putting on and I’m fucked if I know where it went. Dragged my sorry ill self up a ladder to the attic, got three bags and a box down. Not there 😭

Am I the only one who doesn't really care if they don't click it? It's a 2 day wait. 😂

Reactions: 7
Oh god, am I a scruffy slag now? I’ve sold something I dont even remember putting on and I’m fucked if I know where it went. Dragged my sorry ill self up a ladder to the attic, got three bags and a box down. Not there 😭
I did this not long ago, and then I found it yesterday in the drawer I'd already checked 10 times!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I did this not long ago, and then I found it yesterday in the drawer I'd already checked 10 times!!
That’s great! I don’t think there’s a chance of that here though, not seen it in a long time! It maybe went to charity. Ughhh. It’s £20, may just tell them tomorrow I don’t have it as I don’t have the energy to tear the whole house apart.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.