Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would it be SS of me to ask if a seller could post something...I've already bought..like tomorrow šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£. I want to wear it Saturday (not the end of the world if it doesn't come) but I don't wanna seem like some dick haha
I think if you ask politely then that's fine, as long as you don't go 'POST TOMORROW'

šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is this SS behaviour? I have over 50 items to list that have been in storage. They were washed then put away in vac pack bags for about 2 years. Iā€™ve come to accept that I wonā€™t get back to that size for a long while at the current dieting success rate so here is my Ss question. They smell a bit musty from being stored, I donā€™t have time to wash so it would it be crappy to list?
Or do you have a sure fire way of getting rid of the smell?

Is this SS behaviour? I have over 50 items to list that have been in storage. They were washed then put away in vac pack bags for about 2 years. Iā€™ve come to accept that I wonā€™t get back to that size for a long while at the current dieting success rate so here is my Ss question. They smell a bit musty from being stored, I donā€™t have time to wash so it would it be crappy to list?
Fabreze??

I do however think you should wash themā€¦

Reactions: 9
Washing them would definitely be quicker than dealing with loads of return requests/bad feedback that your clothes stink, IMO

Reactions: 16
You could wash as you sell so you don't end up washing lots of clothes which are then sitting there again.

Reactions: 9
Since last Thursday I've listed 40 items, 16 sold and Ā£52 in pending balance. I am getting regular sales but I want more of it to sell! Some of it probably the wrong season and more suited to autumn winter buyers.

Anyone had success with sharing yourusername on the fb vinted groups to encourage sales?

Reactions: 2
I donā€™t think this is SS behaviour. A quick Febreeze will be fine! Everyone washes second hand clothes when they receive them, so as long as theyā€™re clean when they were stored away I donā€™t see a problem with it. Thatā€™s what I do and Iā€™ve never had negative feedback before!

(Unless youā€™re selling higher priced clothing then washing them again is probably worth it, but not for something under Ā£10).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Do you have a tumble drier?

Mine has a cold refresh setting and it just moves them around with no heat for 10 mins and can make even the mustiest smelling item smell fresh again.

As others have said, I would always wash anything I buy anyway. If you don't have the above, could you hang them outside for a day? If the weather ever improves that is!

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Mine has a cold refresh setting and it just moves them around with no heat for 10 mins and can make even the mustiest smelling item smell fresh again.

As others have said, I would always wash anything I buy anyway. If you don't have the above, could you hang them outside for a day? If the weather ever improves that is!
Both great ideas!
Will definitely try hanging outside the stuff which is new and tagged. If I take the tag off to wash Iā€™ll devalue it anyway so itā€™s worth a try.

sorry guys me again. anyone ever had an issue with the buy button not showing up for any of their listings on Vinted?

I really wish I had known this!!!
I bought a beautiful Little Mistress dress on Vinted for a black tie awards dinner Iā€™m going to and when it arrived it stunk so bad (just musty) that it made me feel sick. It was hand wash only and I put it through two cycles of hand wash on the machine and it still stunk. I hung it outside, I febreezed it- still no joy. In the end I had to take the risk of putting it on a higher cycle with three washing tablets- now it smells so lovely that when I open my suitcase the whole thing smells of Bold 3-in-1 šŸ˜‚had I know this about my tumble dryer it would have saved me an awful lot of work (yes I am very lazy šŸ˜‚)

Cold wash with hydrogen peroxide in with the detergent.
---
I really wish I had known this!!!
I bought a beautiful Little Mistress dress on Vinted for a black tie awards dinner Iā€™m going to and when it arrived it stunk so bad (just musty) that it made me feel sick. It was hand wash only and I put it through two cycles of hand wash on the machine and it still stunk. I hung it outside, I febreezed it- still no joy. In the end I had to take the risk of putting it on a higher cycle with three washing tablets- now it smells so lovely that when I open my suitcase the whole thing smells of Bold 3-in-1 šŸ˜‚had I know this about my tumble dryer it would have saved me an awful lot of work (yes I am very lazy šŸ˜‚)
Iā€™ve not found tumble dryer works for smelly things.

Iā€™ve not found tumble dryer works for smelly things
For me it depends what they smell of.

Clothes that are clean but have been jn storage so are musty it works a treat.

If they smell of pet, smoke, perfume etc. I imagine it wouldn't work

While weā€™re speaking about cleaning things before selling, Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place to ask but Iā€™ve got a suede type material nursery rocking chair I want to sell on marketplace which has a couple of very light water stains on it - itā€™s not bad at all I donā€™t think so and you can only really see them in certain light/certain angles but does anyone know how I can get rid of the marks? Iā€™m worried to make them worse!

While weā€™re speaking about cleaning things before selling, Iā€™m not sure if this is the right place to ask but Iā€™ve got a suede type material nursery rocking chair I want to sell on marketplace which has a couple of very light water stains on it - itā€™s not bad at all I donā€™t think so and you can only really see them in certain light/certain angles but does anyone know how I can get rid of the marks? Iā€™m worried to make them worse!
Maybe use a suede cleaner for shoes. They are in cans and spray on to the stained area. Just try a tiny bit first but I find they work a treat on shoes but I build up the amount carefully. Good luck.

Look at Nancy Birtwhistleā€™s IG account - she has tips for cleaning pretty much everything

Had two makeup listings deleted for saying they were a dupe for another brand in the main description šŸ˜¬ The title, photos and branding all were the right brand but said I was being deceptive šŸ™ƒ
See, thatā€™s just insane to me! I reported lots of items to Vinted because they were listed as ā€œCharlotte Tilburyā€ (both as the brand and in the description) while the pictures were of some unknown brand with similar packagingā€¦ Vinted decided it wasnā€™t against their guidelines. Yet your items get deleted when it sounds like you did nothing wrong šŸ˜…

Look at Nancy Birtwhistleā€™s IG account - she has tips for cleaning pretty much everything
Another vote for Nancy. Her dry-ish clean might work, but if you message her and ask she will reply!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.