Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK what's everyone's best vinted barg so far? I've done my entire new holiday clothes shop which includes 6 dresses, 12 tops, 5 shorts, 4 skirts, a pair of sandals and a pair of heels all worn once/ or bnwt for £35 including delivery as I got lucky with a few sellers' bundle deals. But yeah just can't believe it considering I passed primark the other day and the denim skirts in the window were about £14-16 pounds
I bought a £350 designer bag for £50. It has been one of my few successful purchases, the rest have come damaged, not a described or went missing.

Reactions: 4
I bought a nice leather bag from Furla for around £40 and it's been used a lot. I really like it.
An expensive cardigan in an unusual colour for a tenner. Would have been £80.
A marble jewellery box I already have in a different colour was a great buy about a quarter of the price and looks brand new.
Nike Air Max trainers - which have been admired. In great condition for £12.
There have been items that have been described as in good condition which were extremely worn and only fit for the bin.
It's a bit of a gamble.

Tried to buy two thin/small tops as a bundle from a seller and there was no way for them to change the postage - Vinted kept setting it as large! Luckily they were a TT so did a new listing with both tops so postage could be combined. Is this the only way round it now?
This happened the other day to one of my buyers....they wanted 2 things and the postage was £5.89. Luckily they still bought one of them after we tried to find a way around it. I don't know how Vinted decides the prices now, but it's not very accurate!

Reactions: 1
My best buy was: my own handbag that was either stolen from the van or donated to charity by mistake when I moved. On the only time it occurred to me to look on vinted (many years later), there it was. It had a couple of identifying marks - where a small child walked past me with a biro-they’d had it removed mostly but you can see where it had been. Plus a tag that I moved from one place to another and knotted differently. That was still in place. It’s crazy because I looked for years to see if anyone had a similar one for sale to no avail. It had been the only one in TKMAxx and even the manufacturers site never had that version listed - even in another colour. It was like a one off so it was kind of a miracle.
---
Is her husband really tall?
I’m never gonna guess this one as I don’t listen to podcasts 😂 wish there was a pm system on here!

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
if i refund without requesting a return can they leave a review?
they asked to return it but i cant be arsed

Last edited:
Has she also recently been on tv talking about Autism as she got a diagnosis as an adult and her 3 children are also autistic?
Oh that's not who I was thinking of. Think Paddy Power. I have no idea really and also don't listen to podcasts, I just went through a top 50 list 😂 I am overinvested.

Reactions: 3
Seller who wanted me to cancel the order ignored my message saying for her to cancel and choose mutual agreement as suggested on here.

Sent me a passive aggressive message this morning saying she had finally managed to send my item. I replied saying amazing news with kisses and lots of smiley faces 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone list on Depop? I’ve got a few bits to list that are overall in excellent conditions but there are the odd flaws (to be expected with second hand clothing) that are really tiny but I do mention to be honest. I feel like listing them under “good” (which they are by Depop’s description) people won’t really find because they’ll search under excellent. I wish there was a very good option. I know if I list an excellent it will give someone grounds to complain based on the wording of that description.

Attachments

Is her husband really tall?
Not A&P I’m afraid, the husband is tall but not to circus levels
---
Has she also recently been on tv talking about Autism as she got a diagnosis as an adult and her 3 children are also autistic?
Not C either, she’s lovely in real life fyi!
---
Been thinking about it and I can’t name the shameless scrubber sadly, the husband is seriously wealthy and has a lot of clout in the area, I don’t want to make myself an outcast because his wife was too cheap to pay half price, but will take great delight in letting my dog poo on their driveway next time we walk past 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not A&P I’m afraid, the husband is tall but not to circus levels
---

Not C either, she’s lovely in real life fyi!
---
Been thinking about it and I can’t name the shameless scrubber sadly, the husband is seriously wealthy and has a lot of clout in the area, I don’t want to make myself an outcast because his wife was too cheap to pay half price, but will take great delight in letting my dog poo on their driveway next time we walk past 🙂
she came across as lovely so I’m relieved to hear it’s not her. She was the only person I could think of that fitted the description.

Just me again reminding everyone how gross people are 😂😂 I literally don’t understand why you would sell something like this without washing it first

A8F49D14-FE92-467D-831C-AD9586F4E81C.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9