Selling on Depop and Vinted #14 good condition...for putting in the bin maybe

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There was a woman ranting about Vinted online saying that they were asked by Vinted for some means of identification as their sales had got to a certain level and Vinted needed to check them. She sent her driving license. Later she got a tax code from HMRC with a company name on there she'd never heard of. So she rang HMRC and found the company was in the north of the country, miles away from her, owned by a Romanian, but no other details. Then a few days later her child benefit for her only child didn't go into her bank account. She rang HMRC and it turns out that her HMRC account was hacked and her bank details changed. This was confirmed by HMRC and it was stated that her driving license was used and they believed it must have been Vinted.
She was just warning others not to give out their driving license to Vinted in case this happens to them.

She managed to worry a lot of people. Is this likely?
I saw this and I immediatly thought BS. She claims shes never sent anyone else her ID but they managed to hack her HMRC account. Vinted and HMRC are not connected.

It amazes me that people do not realised that your ID is on the government database, likely to be a HMRC issue.

Reactions: 5
I saw this and I immediatly thought BS. She claims shes never sent anyone else her ID but they managed to hack her HMRC account. Vinted and HMRC are not connected.

It amazes me that people do not realised that your ID is on the government database, likely to be a HMRC issue.
I don't even know my own HMRC login details nevermind a hacker, I'd say good luck to them, let me know my details please if you get in.

• Haha
There

Omg I sold a pair of these on Vinted a while back 😂 Do not buy them, they are so uncomfortable. I only wore mine once for that reason but can confirm the toe area was not like that, why do people lie? lol
So basically avoid the New Look types of this shoe?
My shoes only end up getting like that after significant wear. Not "worn once". Even the backs look grim
---
New. Without. Tags

WHY YOU LIE

Attachments

• Haha
Guys I need your advice 🙈

Seller messaged me today saying she’s been to the in post lockers near her every day this week and they’re all full. Can I cancel the order and buy it again, choosing a different option.

I’m reluctant to do so as I have 100% good feedback on there and I’ll get a one star review for cancelling. Will also have to wait for a refund and it was a fairly expensive item.

Any ideas as to what to do? TIA.

Reactions: 1

Seller messaged me today saying she’s been to the in post lockers near her every day this week and they’re all full. Can I cancel the order and buy it again, choosing a different option.

I’m reluctant to do so as I have 100% good feedback on there and I’ll get a one star review for cancelling. Will also have to wait for a refund and it was a fairly expensive item.

Surely it’s up to the seller to cancel not you?

Reactions: 3
I sold a designer item for £100, buyers received it today and hasn’t marked as received everything ok. She’s been online. I sent her a message hours ago saying I hope everything’s ok and she likes it, left me on read. Fumo. I want my money.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
If neither of you want bad feedback just wait till the number of days to send it runs out and it auto cancels. Then she relists

Reactions: 2
This is what I’m thinking! I know it’s not her fault the lockers are full, but don’t see how I should end up with bad feedback because of this
Tell her to cancel and there is an option to select mutual agreement then neither of you get negative feedback. I did it last week when a buyer wanted to add more to a bundle

• Heart
Reactions: 3

If she doesn’t post it will refund you. Then start again. I just got money back as the seller didn’t post.
---
If neither of you want bad feedback just wait till the number of days to send it runs out and it auto cancels. Then she relists
Ha, I should’ve read to the end. Much more eloquently explained by you!

If you select 'agreed with seller' when cancelling as a buyer you also don't get bad feedback

Reactions: 2
I’ve been a bit reckless this morning… I was going to post here first to ask of others experiences.
I’ve just bought a Beauty Works curler… advertised as brand new, from what looks like a newish seller but she has 100% positive feedback. So I’m hoping it’s worth the risk.
But I’ve never bought anything electrical ‘secondhand’ 😬
Anyone managed to have successful experiences?!

I bought a brand new Guess bag for about £40, its arrived today and I couldn't be happier. It's exactly as it was described, looks even better than in the photos and I've saved myself a fortune as similar ones on their website are about £110.

Told Mr Tinkerbell cat I got the bag for £20 😂

Normally I have a love/hate relationship with Vinted but today its a good one.

Reactions: 14
I’ve been a bit reckless this morning… I was going to post here first to ask of others experiences.
I’ve just bought a Beauty Works curler… advertised as brand new, from what looks like a newish seller but she has 100% positive feedback. So I’m hoping it’s worth the risk.
But I’ve never bought anything electrical ‘secondhand’ 😬
Anyone managed to have successful experiences?!
I've had good experiences. Apparently lots of 'influencers' get free stuff they don't want and then sell it on new to raise cash. I bought an epilator brand new and it was perfect.

Reactions: 1
Anyone with experience selling large baby items on Vinted? Not having any luck on FB Marketplace, which I used in the hope that the items sell quickly and can just be collected by the buyer. I have a baby bath support, bouncer chair, moses basket and next-to-me crib that all need going. My worry with selling on them on Vinted is having to pack and post the buggers... I only use Yodel and DPD 😕