Selling on Depop and Vinted #10 Scruffy slags should bide their time, for this is Vinted, not Amazon Prime

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Buyer just opened an issue saying “there’s threads loose everywhere which makes it look like it wasn’t packaged properly and unfortunately not the type of garment I would wear” and said the colour was different than in the pictures.

I made sure to photograph in the best light and also described the colour in the description as well. And if it’s not the type of garment they would wear why did they buy it??

Here’s the photos I’ve been provided of the “threads loose everywhere” - is this person for real?? And as far as being packaged properly, I sent it folded up neatly in a brand new mailer bag… how do I respond to this?

IMG_0944.jpeg

IMG_0945.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Buyer just opened an issue saying “there’s threads loose everywhere which makes it look like it wasn’t packaged properly and unfortunately not the type of garment I would wear” and said the colour was different than in the pictures.

I made sure to photograph in the best light and also described the colour in the description as well. And if it’s not the type of garment they would wear why did they buy it??

Here’s the photos I’ve been provided of the “threads loose everywhere” - is this person for real?? And as far as being packaged properly, I sent it folded up neatly in a brand new mailer bag… how do I respond to this?

View attachment 2532999
View attachment 2533001
That's ridiculous. That is absolutely not threads loose everywhere. Ask them how they would have packaged it. I'd flat out refuse to give in on that tbh. I'd also want to know why they bought it if it wasn't something they'd wear.

Reactions: 17
That's ridiculous. That is absolutely not threads loose everywhere. Ask them how they would have packaged it. I'd flat out refuse to give in on that tbh. I'd also want to know why they bought it if it wasn't something they'd wear.
Thank you, I’m actually furious, what a load of absolutely crap. I’ve sent them a message so let’s see what they come back with.

Reactions: 11
Hi all, just sold my first item on Vinted (a lightweight summer dress) and just wondered how strict they are with the packing rules? Vinted says to send items in boxes but am I likely to get some tit feedback if I send it in a strong polymailer?
If it’s damaged in the post and not in a box, then Vinted will refund the buyer and you won’t receive compensation because of their backwards rules 🙁

Almost everyone uses bags (including me) but I put anything over £20 in a box, just to be on the safe side!

Reactions: 7
IMG_0948.jpeg

Oh wow, so if I’d wrapped it in tissue paper maybe it would have been more protected….

All the loose threads… oh my days give me strength. And I made sure the colour was photographed properly because I hate when that happens.

• Wow
  • Haha
If it’s damaged in the post and not in a box, then Vinted will refund the buyer and you won’t receive compensation because of their backwards rules 🙁

Almost everyone uses bags (including me) but I put anything over £20 in a box, just to be on the safe side!
Similar to this. I usually just use a packaging bag but if I need to add some more stability (both physical and mental stability, such as if I feel like the buyer might be the type to raise a complaint), I'll use a box. The general rule is that the item needs to survive a 1.5m fall in a sorting warehouse without getting damaged.

These are the boxes I bought on Amazon (if anyone's interested):

1698328537986.png

---
View attachment 2533040
Oh wow, so if I’d wrapped it in tissue paper maybe it would have been more protected….

All the loose threads… oh my days give me strength. And I made sure the colour was photographed properly because I hate when that happens.
Has the buyer not heard of scissors?
This buyer is a cow

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
View attachment 2533040

People really take the biscuit! Stand your ground with it. If it's not something she'd wear, then why buy it?

Reactions: 9
Has the buyer not heard of scissors?
This buyer is a cow
I know! I don’t even know how to respond to this. It feels like total gaslighting. And exactly, just trim them off? All clothes can have the odd thread, even new ones. It was a Massimo Dutti jumper I sold for a tenner…

People really take the biscuit! Stand your ground with it. If it's not something she'd wear, then why buy it?
Oh apparently she would wear it but not because of all the “loose threads”

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I know! I don’t even know how to respond to this. It feels like total gaslighting. And exactly, just trim them off? All clothes can have the odd thread, even new ones. It was a Massimo Dutti jumper I sold for a tenner…

Oh apparently she would wear it but not because of all the “loose threads”
Just tell the buyer that they’re being ridiculous and you’re not engaging any more.

Additional bit to add, if you want: If they want to raise a complaint, they can take it directly to Vinted.

Then don’t say anything more. They’re gonna do your head in and it’s not worth the headache.

ETA: I've found a gif to describe the buyer ;)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
What’s the chances of Vinted siding with me if she reports it? Common sense says they’ll see the messages and pictures and think it’s ridiculous. But then again, having spoken with Support many times I have my doubts that they have much common sense between them…

This is the first time I’ve had something like this happen and I bet she’s going to ruin my perfect 200+ five star feedback 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 4
[QUOTE="Lolly71990, post: 17194161, member: 10156"
---

£30 is it genuine? That’s suspiciously cheap for an “excellent” quality designer hand bag.
To be honest designer stuff weirdly doesn’t sell for a lot unless it’s Chanel, Hermes or something really current or desirable? I’m on vestiaire collective and there’s like Gucci stuff on there for circa £30-£40. These items are worth £500 plus 😮
[/QUOTE]
Oooh never looked tbh always thought it would be crazy expensive or risk getting fakes might have to venture over to the other side 👀

Reactions: 1
View attachment 2533040

Well. I've sold over 200 items of clothing and never wrapped anything in tissue paper. Never had a problem. Never received anything wrapped in tissue paper either. She sounds like she shouldn't be buying 2nd hand tbh if those minute threads are bothering her.

Reactions: 19
What’s the chances of Vinted siding with me if she reports it? Common sense says they’ll see the messages and pictures and think it’s ridiculous. But then again, having spoken with Support many times I have my doubts that they have much common sense between them…

This is the first time I’ve had something like this happen and I bet she’s going to ruin my perfect 200+ five star feedback 😢
On 2nd thoughts, if she's still persisting (aware you may have told her to stfu and that you don't want to engage anymore if you took the advice in my previous post) - Could you ask her to return it to you if she's not happy? She will have to pay the return fee herself and that may make her question whether a few loose threads and "incorrect" packaging is really the hill that she wants to die on :)

This buyer is essentially a scruffy slag in tidy tart clothing.

Reactions: 20
On 2nd thoughts, if she's still persisting (aware you may have told her to stfu and that you don't want to engage anymore if you took the advice in my previous post) - Could you ask her to return it to you if she's not happy? She will have to pay the return fee herself and that may make her question whether a few loose threads and "incorrect" packaging is really the hill that she wants to die on :)

This buyer is essentially a scruffy slag in tidy tart clothing.
Thank you! I think I will do this - as I don’t want to end up possibly being out the money AND the jumper. The transaction is suspended because she’s said it was significantly not as described… so I think this is probably the only choice I have. Sounds daft but I’m really stressed out about it, and pissed off - the things I have going on in my life and she’s moaning about three tiny threads on a Massimo Dutti jumper that she got for a tenner.

• Sad
My expensive item finally sold and I sent it last week but I’ve now got an update saying delivery is taking longer than expected. Tracking says it’s out for delivery. I might actually cry if it gets lost as I’ll be £140 down.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.