Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ncis all seasons and wrestling even if theres no audience stay in bed clean chill with my family

Eating chocolate and watching random vlogs in you tube I expect. I do have some books saved to read though and my garden needs some work so as long as it’s sunny I could do that to help try and distract me
I rarely leave the house anywhere maybe for a docs app and all my shopping is done online so it won’t bother me as long as I’ve got my hub, wine, fags n tv I’m ok
Btw I have Emphysema so it’s safer for me anyway

Nah. I think if you're absolutely fine you should continue as normal but just be mindful of crowded areas and make wise choices.

Pretty much everyone is going to get it at some point so just make sure you're prepared for when that happens.
True but, you maybe healthy yourself but you could potentially carry it and pass it in to someone who isn’t or is elderly ?

Reactions: 2
THINGS YOU CAN DO IN LOCKDOWN the remix

-sweep all the floors
- do all the laundry
- mop all the floors
- sweep all the floors again, by then it's like 7:15am

- eat breakfast
- eat a second breakfast
- think about lunch
- make lunch
- lay out all my corona snacks from favourite to least favourite. 😊
- think about dinner
- batch cook for tomorrow’s 12 meals
- eat dinner
- plan tea
- drink tea
- line up the tea bags
- line up the kit kats
- shop online for more snacks
- look at the snacks
- get ready for bed
- realise it’s 2.30pm

- wonder when will my life begin

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Another suggestion for self-isolation: cleaning the filter of your range hood above your stove. It is so gross but satisfying afterwards.

I have 3 kids and a swimming pool - we can keep ourselves busy!
Three kids and a swimming pool? Did you need a caesarian for the swimming pool?

Piece of piss, I've looked after numerous disabled relatives for years. For years I only went out shopping once a fortnight, that was it.
Be determined to be positive, listen to music, sing, have long conversations.
Try to amuse others, this is v satisfying.
You can still go out for walks, which I couldn't. Bonus!
Do something meaningful that you've always put off.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I expect I will help my teens with GCSE prep and coursework offering nutritious snacks and engaging their minds.
My 7 year old will be encouraged to pursue games that aid memory recall.
4 year old will practice writing and complete workbooks.
The baby will gurgle and giggle as we recite nursery rhymes.
My husband will be full of support.

In reality I will referee as the teens argue over the X Box and Netflix offering anything laden with sugar while they engage with their friends on Tik Tok.
My 7 year old will repeatedly ask which head and outfit belong on which LOL doll.
4 year old will write the word 'poop' on every page of the workbook because she can and will find it hilarious.
The baby will cling to me as I try to remember how many monkeys were jumping on the bed...Mama called the doctor and the doctor said 'try ringing 111 instead' .
My husband will mention the lack of sport...a lot.

I suspect I will work from home as much as I can-can't really have a day off. Just try to minimise the spread of disease in the house by cleaning. Lots of batch cooking, listening to audio books, trying to keep some semblance of normality.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I’ve downloaded a lot of TV programmes and
Movies to my iPad to watch inc travel/food programmes like Rick Stein. Attending to paperwork admin crapola.

I rarely leave the house anywhere maybe for a docs app and all my shopping is done online so it won’t bother me as long as I’ve got my hub, wine, fags n tv I’m ok
Btw I have Emphysema so it’s safer for me anyway

Not sure how smoking and emphysema is safer 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My daughter has decided she wants to be a product engineer. I’ve just bought her a cheapy drawing tablet for the Mac. She can teach herself how to do that. Can buy programmes online if she takes to it.
I’ve got stuff to make bread, charged up the kindles, someone on Reddit shared a google drive of home workout plans. So we’ll attempt them. We’ll need to take the dog out I suppose. The school is also setting up online coursework and e-classes. I think we might have more to do when we’re all off than we do now.

I might finally get round to watching Mad Men and the supranos. Most likely I’ll rewatch Schitts Creek and Friday Night Lights.

KINDA SELF IMPOSED LOCKDOWN UPDATE....

went for a walk in the actual outside air,
no shelves,
no buy one get one free,
No 20% off.
just bleeping trees.

overrated.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Blip in our self isolation as we spent last night in A&E, daughter woke up at 12pm. But back onto it today as my daughter has a cough still and wheezing slightly. Other kid was working on his normal schedule and woke up at 7am we were in A&E until 4am. 😭

daughter found her Easter eggs. Ate the Easter eggs. Watched totoro twice, even though she watched it last night. Then we painted nails.I did hers, she did mine. Hers a lot neater than mine🤦🏼‍♀️
A90403E6-14E6-4886-AEE2-5F9B0C84550A.jpeg

No clue what to do tomorrow. She has no interest in any of the craft kids/baking I had planned. 🤦🏼‍♀️

It'll be no different to my usual routine. I'm never around people anyway as I prefer my own company. I don't want people to be ill but I'll definitely Enjoy seeing less people out when I'm out. I'll be in my usual l places in the great outdoors.

Feel like I’ve spent the last 5 days scrolling twitter for news.
Id love to say I’ve been productive but I’ve been the opposite of productive.

I did get fresh air,
I didn’t try and scan a tree to see if I could panic buy it. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Nothing has changed for me as I work from home anyway and tend to keep pretty busy (but can't resist popping in here on the odd break). But I am getting a lot of calls from friends and neighbours asking if I'm free for coffee which kind of defeats the purpose of self-isolation ...

If I had no work, I'd make a plan for each day ... dedicate so many hours each day to deep cleaning parts of the house, the garden, decluttering, ironing, etc. Doing those things can feel so good for a lot of folk. I'd also walk my dogs (which I do anyway - I incorporate that into a break), meditate, and spend some time on hobbies (if you don't have any, find some).

Blip in our self isolation as we spent last night in A&E, daughter woke up at 12pm. But back onto it today as my daughter has a cough still and wheezing slightly. Other kid was working on his normal schedule and woke up at 7am we were in A&E until 4am. 😭

daughter found her Easter eggs. Ate the Easter eggs. Watched totoro twice, even though she watched it last night. Then we painted nails.I did hers, she did mine. Hers a lot neater than mine🤦🏼‍♀️
View attachment 96906

No clue what to do tomorrow. She has no interest in any of the craft kids/baking I had planned. 🤦🏼‍♀️
that must have been very scary for you both, lots of love xx

I've got no kids. The memes are great!

20200318_221848.jpg

IMG_20200317_174547.jpg

Work at home: Day 5
PicsArt_03-19-12.54.40.png

THINGS YOU CAN DO IN LOCKDOWN

-sweep all the floors
- do all the laundry
- mop all the floors
- sweep all the floors again, by then it's like 7:15am

- eat breakfast
- eat a second breakfast
- think about lunch
- make lunch
- lay out all my corona snacks from favourite to least favourite. 😊
- think about dinner
- batch cook for tomorrow’s 12 meals
- eat dinner
- plan tea
- drink tea
- line up the tea bags
- line up the kit kats
- shop online for more snacks
- look at the snacks
- get ready for bed
- realise it’s 2.30pm

- wonder when will my life begin

Did you read the fun fact :

Corona is an island kingdom and the birthplace of Rapunzel in Disney's 2010 animated feature film, Tangled

Also this
20200319_010951.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha