Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well I managed to get my 7 year old out for a walk this morning. We’ve only been going out a couple of time’s a week as I feel like fresh air will do us both good. He’s a hermit, could happily stay at home.

This morning I thought we’d go for a walk down the river, in a quiet field away from many others. He wanted to go another way, but I thought it’d make a nice change going somewhere different. I was giving it all, “look how nice it is where we live. When it’s half term normally we drive to other places to visit and yet we don’t appreciate how many nice places are within walking distance”.

As we were heading back out of the field, I saw a group of dogs (at least 5), off leads running around the cows in the field. We quickened our pace in case the cows were spooked and started running. Next thing, two of these dogs are running towards us - greyhounds so pretty bloody fast! They run round us and one of them bites my leg! I see their owner and shout to him, he denies it! Then asks “which dog?” I said “I don’t know, they all look the bleeping same!”

I was in shock, scared and intimidated. I just wanted to get my son away from the situation! Thankfully I was okay to walk away, I dropped my son back off home (my partner is working from home) and went to our urgent care centre where they cleaned my leg, x-rayed it and gave me antibiotics and a tetanus.

I’ve filled in a form on 101 online to report the man.

I’m so angry this has happened. We’ve been very careful with where we’ve been, how often we’re going out etc. and I’m trying to do what I feel is best for my son by getting him out the house every once in a while. But now I have major mum guilt that I took him out for a walk, chose to go to that area and he had to witness it happen!

Sorry for the big message, I just need to let off steam 😤 we should have to worry about things like this when there is enough worry in the world at the moment.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7