Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If it was just me and the dogs, then lounging around watching Netflix, now tv etc. But will want to be somewhat productive and sort out my tit hole of a room and not kill my dad and brother.

They haven’t quite grasped that it’ll be the 5/6 (if my other brother comes home from uni) of us under one roof, and that it’s not a challenge the eat all the food by the second day.

Reactions: 1
I’ve set my turbo bike up ready leave in a pretty remote place, can we drive to fields & walk dogs? I’ve got a 10 year old she’s set up with school & craft bits & thank god for Netflix. Might do some diy

I can work from home. I've got millions of books and Netflix. My oh has a 6 months free prime subscription.
We've got house Reno going On do could work on that :)

Reactions: 2
I've been saving Netflix shows, I'll probably watch films, do some exercise, nap & scrapbook. Realistically, if we do go into lockdown I'll probably have to work!

I won’t be able to self isolate by choice as my job is classed as “essential”. If I’m feeling unwell I’ll have to stay away though. My plan is netflix, maybe some baking (for myself and my partner only!) listen to some podcasts and read books. Might try and teach myself something new, maybe start learning a new language. Who knows what I’ll feel like doing if I’m actually unwell, when I was ill back in December I literally just lay on the sofa crying for a week :LOL: :cry:

Reactions: 4
The online school packs (whatever they may be), I’ve saved some simple activities I’ve seen shared online, puzzles, Lego, cleaning, housework, sorting through cupboards and clothes etc. games, TV, wedding prep (still hopeful all will go ahead!)

Anyone banging their heads on the wall yet?
If I fall over one more piece of lego I swear I'll be running through the streets praying to get infected. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
As someone who is housebound the majority of the time with chronic health conditions 7 or 14 days is nothing, you'll be fine and the life will carry on as normal. For some of us social isolation is real and long term.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I’ve set my turbo bike up ready leave in a pretty remote place, can we drive to fields & walk dogs? I’ve got a 10 year old she’s set up with school & craft bits & thank god for Netflix. Might do some diy
I did read that they recommend to get out for dog walks and bike ride if you feel up to it so long as you don't engage with anyone and keep away from touristy places? I will definitely still do that, i don't talk to anyone on walks anyhow as my dog is grumpy with other dogs

Reactions: 5
Well,I’m of the age where they say to stay indoors,trouble is I am looking after pusscat next door,her owner is in Italy😳,all I do is open front door then flat door,let her out and feed her,I don’t see anybody not upstairs neighbour at all,so I’m isolated there really,I don’t go out much as don’t drive,round here isn’t all that nice for going for walk,so I am indoors anyway.I must feed the little girl though and look after her,I am wondering I have a my yearly diabetic test due soon at doctors I suppose that will be cancelled,my meds I reckon just phone chemist as I usually do but get them to leave on doorstep.Any advice by you guys would be appreciated.🙏

Reactions: 3
Cant lie... I am so jealous of those of you without children loving your best lives watching Netflix and actually chilling!!

If anyone wants to swap that for 2 hyperactive toddlers... Just shout 🙋🏻‍♀️😂
This! I have 3 very active, and very loud son's. They're great boys but well....they're kids....so they're also pretty bleeping irritating.

All these bastards talking about Netflix, books, DIY,wanking....urgh...duck OFF with your amazing self-isolation!!

My current plan is to isolate the children in a tent in the garden and throw drinks and snacks out to them through the kitchen window. They can place their electronic babysitters at the back door each night at 8pm and then I'll return them fully charged the next day at 8am.

If this plan fails then no word of a lie it will end in tears. My tears. And gin.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I can't think of anything better than a couple of months of self isolation. Sadly, I have 3 kids and a husband 😂

Reactions: 1
For anyone self isolating or just going insane, there is a real cool thing called Kast you can join online for free and watch movies with others

Just google Kast watch parties

Reactions: 3
This! I have 3 very active, and very loud son's. They're great boys but well....they're kids....so they're also pretty bleeping irritating.

All these bastards talking about Netflix, books, DIY,wanking....urgh...duck OFF with your amazing self-isolation!!

My current plan is to isolate the children in a tent in the garden and throw drinks and snacks out to them through the kitchen window. They can place their electronic babysitters at the back door each night at 8pm and then I'll return them fully charged the next day at 8am.

If this plan fails then no word of a lie it will end in tears. My tears. And gin.
on the plus side alcohol seems to be in supply in all supermarkets

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
As someone who is housebound the majority of the time with chronic health conditions 7 or 14 days is nothing, you'll be fine and the life will carry on as normal. For some of us social isolation is real and long term.
that's right I only get out once a week with fibro, mind you I haven't got kids so don't know what being shut in with them all day is like!

Well,I’m of the age where they say to stay indoors,trouble is I am looking after pusscat next door,her owner is in Italy😳,all I do is open front door then flat door,let her out and feed her,I don’t see anybody not upstairs neighbour at all,so I’m isolated there really,I don’t go out much as don’t drive,round here isn’t all that nice for going for walk,so I am indoors anyway.I must feed the little girl though and look after her,I am wondering I have a my yearly diabetic test due soon at doctors I suppose that will be cancelled,my meds I reckon just phone chemist as I usually do but get them to leave on doorstep.Any advice by you guys would
Well,I’m of the age where they say to stay indoors,trouble is I am looking after pusscat next door,her owner is in Italy😳,all I do is open front door then flat door,let her out and feed her,I don’t see anybody not upstairs neighbour at all,so I’m isolated there really,I don’t go out much as don’t drive,round here isn’t all that nice for going for walk,so I am indoors anyway.I must feed the little girl though and look after her,I am wondering I have a my yearly diabetic test due soon at doctors I suppose that will be cancelled,my meds I reckon just phone chemist as I usually do but get them to leave on doorstep.Any advice by you guys would be appreciated.🙏
cant you join nhs repeat prescription service for your prescription? ring drs ask about your test, would the little cat sit in your house with you for a little bit of company? sorry cant be more help, someone else will be along with better ideas soon im sure x

Last edited:
In my head we’ll do joint exercise in the morning, followed by a complicated home cooked meal that we’ll all sit down to eat together with no electronics. We’ll read daily and do school work oh and my new born will just fit in perfectly.... reality is probably wine is how I’ll get through it 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I just wish I was home, cant concentrate at work and always sneaking a look at my phone for news. Husband is vulnerable wfh from this week but new bathroom started today so lots of banging. 19yo daughter is vulnerable but works as a teaching assistant and no plans to close schools. I just want to be home and lock the doors tbh.

Reactions: 4