Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a procrastinator and lockdown has not changed that. Today’s highlight was descaling the kettle - yes, literally pouring white vinegar and water in, leaving it for ages and rinsing it out. And I left it overnight so all I did today was the rinsing 🤣

Meanwhile everyone else’s houses are impeccably clean and organised. I’m not sure what I’d do if I didn’t have an endless list of things to do around the house!

Reactions: 7
Normally my house is impeccably clean and everything is organised and in it's place but I've found I seriously can't be arsed this week.
Last week I was organising cupboards for the online shop arriving, putting fruit and veg in baskets in the fridge, changing our bedding, dusting and hoovering etc., but this week I've been sat on my arse watching Netflix.

Reactions: 6
Things to do when dying of boredom......
clean your makeup brushes
hoover under things you don't usually hoover like under the sofa, under the bed.
polish your shoes-be honest when was the last time you got out the shoe polish?
do a Mrs Hinch and wipe down the skirting boards with a damp cloth
go through bills and shred any ones you dont need.
I just vacuumed my drawers, there was so much hair in them?! Gross. Clearly I should do it more. Lol. Today is a pj's day. Yesterday I got fully dressed and did my makeup but I didn't feel in the mood today. It is -20 and snowing. We may go for a walk later, at least not many people are out when it's so cold. We have to trim the dogs nails tonight. The groomer normally does it and he hates us doing it so that will be fun 🤣

Reactions: 1
I just vacuumed my drawers, there was so much hair in them?! Gross. Clearly I should do it more. Lol. Today is a pj's day. Yesterday I got fully dressed and did my makeup but I didn't feel in the mood today. It is -20 and snowing. We may go for a walk later, at least not many people are out when it's so cold. We have to trim the dogs nails tonight. The groomer normally does it and he hates us doing it so that will be fun 🤣
Haha I did the same got dressed yesterday so in my Pj's today lol.

I’m currently sitting with my face slathered in rescue mask, I look like a ghoul but at least I know there is zero chance of someone knocking on the door 😁.
This was pre lockdown but I was at home with a face mask on and someone knocked on the door so I answered it - gave them a right laugh anyway haha. (They were wanting to read the bible)

I'm trying to keep a routine, I have an alarm set and then I'm showering and getting "dressed" (out of pj's into comfies) and then trying to get some jobs done.
It's hard as I am 37 weeks pregnant so I'm at the stage where I can't move, not sleeping and I'm just generally uncomfortable all the time. The stress of the virus, birth plans changing and being in the house all day just adds to the already crap mood.

I was quite productive for the first week but this week has been tough. I've got loads of jobs to do around the house before the baby comes but it's a vicious cycle. The less I do, the less I want to do and before I realise it I've been sat on the couch all day watching TV and scrolling on my phone and I feel crap for it.
I'm going to try an do better next week but I am going to add in some chill time but try to limit screen time and read more instead.

I'm not going out much, my husband has been doing the food shop. I've been twice when he couldn't fit it in around his shifts and I hated the comments and looks I get from people. It puts me off going for a walk as my daily exercise too (not that I can waddle very far at the moment).

Reactions: 3
Not that I want others to be suffering but I’m glad it’s not just me finding this hard as it seems all my friends are fine, like this isn’t a big deal 🤷‍♀️
Me and my friends go through stages of who’s having the melt down.

Today has been hard. Trying to stop the dogs from barking for 5 hours whilst my mums working is so difficult, especially when my girl was being extra clingy today and wouldn’t stop howling when she couldn’t get into the kitchen with me. Got to the point where I don’t want to do any housework/cooking etc. as I seem to be the only one doing it, as well as going food shopping, collecting medication for relatives who can’t go out.

Glad it’s the weekend tomorrow

• Sad
My friend owes me a bit of cash, I've told him instead of transferring it to order me some stuff to do (jigsaw/puzzles/ colouring book, that kind of thing) from Amazon but not tell me what he's ordered. Thought the excitement of not knowing what I'm getting might give me something to look forward to with the bonus of an activity afterwards 😂😂
For anyone interested, I got some colouring pencils, a colouring book and Scotland yard puzzle book. He had an animal humping dot to dot book as a thank you 😂

• Haha
Me and my friends go through stages of who’s having the melt down.

Today has been hard. Trying to stop the dogs from barking for 5 hours whilst my mums working is so difficult, especially when my girl was being extra clingy today and wouldn’t stop howling when she couldn’t get into the kitchen with me. Got to the point where I don’t want to do any housework/cooking etc. as I seem to be the only one doing it, as well as going food shopping, collecting medication for relatives who can’t go out.

Glad it’s the weekend tomorrow
That does sound tough bless you. I’m the opposite extreme, lives alone, now works from home and in another country from family.
Also glad it’s the weekend x

I have a group of shoppers who have been a godsend..only the main one that helps is a bit of a story teller,whatever you put on the list,its always"just couldnt get it...shelves were bare"...she was in the store same time as another person who told me that was rubbish,I adore the no contact and visitors rule its fab,no forced conversation and finding urine on my toilet floor,I simply wont have men spraying all over because of bad aim....my husband has his own bathroom and must not enter mine

Not that I want others to be suffering but I’m glad it’s not just me finding this hard as it seems all my friends are fine, like this isn’t a big deal 🤷‍♀️
My friends were ridiculing me when I was having a really bad time at the beginning. Guess who’s suffering now? Those same friends.

Anyone on here with school age kids?

Mine are 10 and 14. These first 2 weeks have been ok as they’ve had schoolwork to get done which helped break up the day.
But I’m dreading these next 2 weeks as it’s officially the Easter holidays so no work is being set. I think this combined with not being able to go anywhere, see their mates etc will create a perfect storm and they’ll be a nightmare after a few days.

I’m going to have to take charge and set them stuff to do around the house. The oldest is doing workouts in the garage and going for a daily walk, but my youngest is like what’s the point 🙄

Reactions: 2

Mine are 10 and 14. These first 2 weeks have been ok as they’ve had schoolwork to get done which helped break up the day.
But I’m dreading these next 2 weeks as it’s officially the Easter holidays so no work is being set. I think this combined with not being able to go anywhere, see their mates etc will create a perfect storm and they’ll be a nightmare after a few days.

I’m going to have to take charge and set them stuff to do around the house. The oldest is doing workouts in the garage and going for a daily walk, but my youngest is like what’s the point 🙄
I have a 10 year old. She’s spent far too much time on FaceTime and Roblox with her cousins and friends but she’s laughing and happy and that’s all that matters to me.

I'm trying to keep a routine, I have an alarm set and then I'm showering and getting "dressed" (out of pj's into comfies) and then trying to get some jobs done.
It's hard as I am 37 weeks pregnant so I'm at the stage where I can't move, not sleeping and I'm just generally uncomfortable all the time. The stress of the virus, birth plans changing and being in the house all day just adds to the already crap mood.

I was quite productive for the first week but this week has been tough. I've got loads of jobs to do around the house before the baby comes but it's a vicious cycle. The less I do, the less I want to do and before I realise it I've been sat on the couch all day watching TV and scrolling on my phone and I feel crap for it.
I'm going to try an do better next week but I am going to add in some chill time but try to limit screen time and read more instead.

I'm not going out much, my husband has been doing the food shop. I've been twice when he couldn't fit it in around his shifts and I hated the comments and looks I get from people. It puts me off going for a walk as my daily exercise too (not that I can waddle very far at the moment).
I'm sending hugs. For productivity, perhaps you could watch other mamas getting ready to have a baby? :) eg on YouTube

My 11 year old cousin keeps sending emails to her teacher asking for more work. Although yesterday she said it was an inset day so why were they having to do work. She’s been sending me videos this evening pretending to be David Attenborough with the cat and dog

Okay, I'm usually an indoors person. I'm not social. I thought this stay-at-home requirement will be fine. The truth is that I'm bored, I don't want to watch anything, I try to read but give up quickly, I don't even enjoy cleaning.

I'm moody, constantly hungry, achy headachy etc. I went to bed at 8.45 pm last night.

Sorry for the rant but I'm actually struggling.
Same here! I do usually love staying home as I am not very sociable but this has changed my outlook so much. I have also been going to bed earlier than usual 🤣
I am not self isolating but my work hours and days have been changed a lot so I am home more than I am at work. When I am at home I am being as productive as possible, my home has never been so tidy and my washing is actually up to date. When I have nothing to do I am trying to knit my friends daughter a cardigan but I am doing it in a bigger size as I don't know when I will see her again.
Hubs is fine, hes loving all this xbox time 🤣
Daytime TV is the pits, Youtube is ok for finding history documentaries and when I phone my mum who is isolating its a general "whats for tea? Did you watch this program, oh i am fed up..." kind of conversation.
But at the end of the day this is keeping me and my husband safe as possible from CV19 and my heart goes out to anyone who is poorly with it 😘😘

Reactions: 4
I have a 10 year old. She’s spent far too much time on FaceTime and Roblox with her cousins and friends but she’s laughing and happy and that’s all that matters to me.
My 8 year old has spent a ridiculous amount of time on Roblox with her friends but i'm letting it go.