Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hilarious thinking about a spirit level being used šŸ˜‚
I think I will give it a bash,go with your advice and just trim a little to be on the safe side.I have always done my fringe myself and I have hairdresser scissors.
If you always do your fringe then you have nothing to worry about! Iā€™m sure itā€™ll turn out fine

Reactions: 1
Hilarious thinking about a spirit level being used šŸ˜‚
I think I will give it a bash,go with your advice and just trim a little to be on the safe side.I have always done my fringe myself and I have hairdresser scissors.
I always cut my own hair, just never found a decent salon i like and i am fussy with my fringe. From when my mum would take me for half term hair cuts and get a budget fringe whereby it was cut very short so it grew nicely throughout the term.....i hated it.
I do my own trims and just hope for the best.

Reactions: 2
I'm trying to stay positive but when i see people literally living their best lockdown lives..meditating, exercising, baking, cleaning, reading, washing their hair, putting make up on and actually getting dressed it depresses me that I've not washed my hair or gotten dressed in days šŸ™ˆ

Well, I have a 6-month-old to entertain... and feed... and clean... šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ But when my husband gets a day or two off (heā€™s emergency services), I try and get the outside sorted...bleaching, gardening, painting... makes me feel better mentally!

Ah bless you, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve really heard anyone (without children/young children) say that, I suppose itā€™s weirdly nice to have it acknowledged šŸ˜‚. My eldest is usually at nursery every day and misses it massively, sheā€™s old enough to realise she isnā€™t going out or seeing anyone, but not quite old enough to really understand why - I feel so sorry for her because sheā€™s so used to being out and about.

Having said all that, I donā€™t think itā€™s easy for anyone at the moment is it? Even without children I imagine you must struggle some days. I suppose what Iā€™m trying to say is.. donā€™t feel like you canā€™t feel sorry for yourself! I know I would too even if I didnā€™t have children. And I totally get why it makes you a bit twitchy! I feel exactly the same about my partner working. God I hope this is all over soon!
I donā€™t have children either and do feel for those of you who do at this time trying to entertain them and keep some semblance of normality whilst juggling god knows what.

Iā€™m single and live alone and while that might sound like heaven to those of you escaping to the loo for some peace, it comes with its own negatives.

Iā€™m done with this now. Can we go back to normal? šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
I donā€™t have children either and do feel for those of you who do at this time trying to entertain them and keep some semblance of normality whilst juggling god knows what.

Iā€™m single and live alone and while that might sound like heaven to those of you escaping to the loo for some peace, it comes with its own negatives.

Itā€™s definitely a juggling act!! šŸ˜‚ I can imagine that being on your own is difficult too though, I think itā€™s hard whatever position youā€™re in really. I love being on my own, but I suppose you must get lonely/bored sometimes! Iā€™m totally done with it too šŸ˜© hope youā€™re doing alright! X

Iā€™m slowly being driven mad I think. Husband is still working which is a bonus, but me, a six year old and two dogs at home is getting a bit tiresome. I mean, Iā€™m grateful that weā€™re all well, and itā€™s nice that thereā€™s no time pressure to do stuff, and weā€™re very fortunate that whilst weā€™re not in well paying jobs, weā€™ve not lost any income so far. But JESUS CHRIST my child can talk. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Haha
  • Heart

It is insane being at home with 3 children. I actually need my own space, itā€™s just the way I am and Iā€™m struggling with this as is my daughter who is just like me. My eldest son has adhd and anxiety comes along with that so heā€™s very clingy which Iā€™m struggling with. But that being said Iā€™m so busy I donā€™t really have time to wallow. I can see if I were on my own my anxiety would be huge as it would be all I have to think about. Also if I werenā€™t on mat leave, Iā€™m a teacher so Iā€™d be in school which I imagine would cause me more anxiety being around more people. I donā€™t think many people are living their best life if Iā€™m honest. I think most people are struggling regardless of their situation.

Iā€™m slowly being driven mad I think. Husband is still working which is a bonus, but me, a six year old and two dogs at home is getting a bit tiresome. I mean, Iā€™m grateful that weā€™re all well, and itā€™s nice that thereā€™s no time pressure to do stuff, and weā€™re very fortunate that whilst weā€™re not in well paying jobs, weā€™ve not lost any income so far. But JESUS CHRIST my child can talk. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­
This šŸ’Æ!!!! Weā€™re the same, weā€™re being paid thatā€™s all safe etc etc so weā€™re very lucky. But my kids can talk. For my son itā€™s guitars and heā€™s obsessed and I spend probably 8 hours a day having to listen to and discuss guitars. I actually told him yesterday itā€™s too much can we not talk about guitars for one hour!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I could have written this !!! My daughter doesnā€™t stop from the minute she opens her eyes and if she does take a breath the dog starts up. I actually envy my husband hiding upstairs in his office šŸ¤£

• Haha
I could have written this !!! My daughter doesnā€™t stop from the minute she opens her eyes and if she does take a breath the dog starts up. I actually envy my husband hiding upstairs in his office šŸ¤£
haha me too but Iā€™m a single parent so I canā€™t hide away šŸ˜‚ ā€˜no mummyā€™ ā€˜mummyā€™ ā€˜Iā€™m hungryā€™ on a constant loop from 6:30am until 8pm. Once heā€™s asleep I donā€™t want to do anything except for sit in silence! I need to try and work from home now too after a weeks leave so that will be fun! So glad I have this site to vent on with like minded people!

haha me too but Iā€™m a single parent so I canā€™t hide away šŸ˜‚ ā€˜no mummyā€™ ā€˜mummyā€™ ā€˜Iā€™m hungryā€™ on a constant loop from 6:30am until 8pm. Once heā€™s asleep I donā€™t want to do anything except for sit in silence! I need to try and work from home now too after a weeks leave so that will be fun! So glad I have this site to vent on with like minded people!
One of my besties is a single mum to a very active toddler who is hell bent on doing anything potentially destructive šŸ¤£ she has a v high powered job and is expected to lead her team via numerous calls each day whilst entertaining him, ... challenging doesnā€™t begin to cover it.

• Haha
Itā€™s driving me bleeping mad and it makes me angry everyday. Angry that I canā€™t just go out angry that I canā€™t do anything angry that I canā€™t see anyone. Iā€™m just full of hate. Hate at nothing thatā€™s the frustrating thing. This entire thing is just utterly soul destroying I hate it so much.

• Sad
I feel the same. Im angry that I am isolated and haven't met up with people since March 3rd I think (apart from seeing one colleague outside of work) , angry that I'll finish my Master's degree (part time) which cost a lot of money online... I didn't sign up for this tit, I wanted real classes and everything. I'm angry that I cant travel in May and September (West Highland Way and windsurfing in Spain), angry that I am not as productive as others and don't bake, cook, learn to play the ukulele or study Mandarin.

Another angry person here šŸ‘‹šŸ» Iā€™m in a work conference call meeting at the mo and Iā€™m so angry I just donā€™t care about anything today. Keeping off social media today as I donā€™t want to see all the people managing to do it all. Need to get outside for some fresh air and to breathe at some point.

Glad itā€™s not just me! Iā€™m also bleeping sick of people saying ā€œyouā€™re only being asked to stay in and watch tvā€ like thatā€™s bleeping easy?? Itā€™s hard. Itā€™s not a holiday for everyone. Itā€™s literally killing my mental health and so many others. People donā€™t seem to understand how ā€œjust staying inā€ is actually destroying a lot of people.

I feel the same. Im angry that I am isolated and haven't met up with people since March 3rd I think (apart from seeing one colleague outside of work) , angry that I'll finish my Master's degree (part time) which cost a lot of money online... I didn't sign up for this tit, I wanted real classes and everything. I'm angry that I cant travel in May and September (West Highland Way and windsurfing in Spain), angry that I am not as productive as others and don't bake, cook, learn to play the ukulele or study Mandarin.
You might still be able to go away in September x

Glad itā€™s not just me! Iā€™m also bleeping sick of people saying ā€œyouā€™re only being asked to stay in and watch tvā€ like thatā€™s bleeping easy?? Itā€™s hard. Itā€™s not a holiday for everyone. Itā€™s literally killing my mental health and so many others. People donā€™t seem to understand how ā€œjust staying inā€ is actually destroying a lot of people.

I agree, I have two small boys and I am never in. We are always out and about doing something. These last few weeks have been really difficult for us as we are just not used to it. I hate day time TV always have, so I dont generally watch it during the day and I have no patience to watch Netflix or similar. My boys are generally good but I have found them being more naughty recently mainly because they are fed up and spending too much time together, as eldest is normally at school and youngest at nursery. It's really difficult and alot to ask of people as we have never in our life's before been told to put our life's on hold with no end in sight.

Mhm I chatted to a friend about it. We live to travel. We work so we can go away and see the world. We have trips booked. Our mental health will start declining rapidly if this continues.
At the moment, I'm keeping myself busy with work, yoga, gardening etc. But the fear of not being able to travel scares me. And no, it's not the same as holidays. I don't want to go to Lanzarote and sit on the beach (nothing wrong with it, but that's not really travelling).

Exactly this! its ok for the GOV to say stay inside and I know its for a good reason BUT its not so easy when....

a, you don't have a big house and you live in a flat with no garden
b, you already suffer from MH problems and are now on your own 24/7
c, disabled people who maybe cant get out for a daily walk. what about those?
its not normal and they cant expect anyone to stay in for months its not going to happen!