Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So after my worrying last night I’ve gone into work today and been asked to work overtime (this is a rarity for us, they never pay overtime because it costs them too much!)
So I’ll be spending my spare time at work. I work as an assistant manager in a care home looking after the elderly living with dementia so happy to do my bit to support at this difficult time! Hopefully it’ll pay for a nice holiday once this is all over 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Bought a dehumidifier today. Read a doctor say if you do get the dreaded virus, they’re very good to have.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone else feel really paranoid and doing symptom spotting all the time? Feel like I’m getting a bit of a head cold. No temperature but just don’t feel right. Freaking out. My step mum is an ICU nurse and she has symptoms. She’s getting swabbed today. I’ve not had contact with her thankfully.

Reactions: 3
I’m not paranoid about symptoms or catching the virus but I’m scared of what’s to come. We’re only at the very beginning and I’m struggling to cope, I randomly cry all day because I feel so isolated. My friends don’t understand as they live with their parents but it’s just me and my daughter.

Reactions: 5
I've git a 4 year old who is very emotionally perceptive. A 9 month old baby and a depressed partner who is working from home so I'm just taking each day as it comes and getting to the evening. And know that when this is over I'm going on a girls holiday lol

Reactions: 6
Is it socially acceptable to kick a 3 yo and 1 yo out of the house for their daily walk while the parent puts their feet up and watches a film?

Asking for a friend.

I'm not staying very sane.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It's official, I am home tomorrow for 3 weeks with my partner.

HELP......
I can feel myself going mad already

[
Is it socially acceptable to kick a 3 yo and 1 yo out of the house for their daily walk while the parent puts their feet up and watches a film?

Asking for a friend.

I'm not staying very sane.
Shouldn't laugh really. I can't imagine how difficult is it for parents with small children and trying to keep them occupied. It's eerily quiet here and thank god for that, it means people are heeding official advice.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone else feel really paranoid and doing symptom spotting all the time? Feel like I’m getting a bit of a head cold. No temperature but just don’t feel right.
Same here! I've had a bad headache and achey sinuses but need to remind myself I've had similar a few times. Also no cough or high temperature.
I do worry as my husband is a key worker and out every day checking up on asylum seekers in emergency accommodation. He doesn't come into actual contact with them but sees they are OK for gas, electricity, essentials. He also is a heavy smoker which is another cause for concern. But he seems very cheerful and practical about it all. Which really helps.
My elderly mum (88) on her own has never sounded happier, it is bizarre. I really think it does go back to a wartime spirit. The thought everyone is quite miserable has cheered her up no end 😂 .

• Haha
Reactions: 7
[

Shouldn't laugh really. I can't imagine how difficult is it for parents with small children and trying to keep them occupied. It's eerily quiet here and thank god for that, it means people are heeding official advice.
It’s okay to laugh. I’m laughing about it, don’t think I would stay sane at all if I didn’t see the humour in it.

I’d be managing better if we had a garden. We live in an upstairs flat 😩

I’m using this three weeks to hopefully .. become healthier, lose some weight, save a lot of money and spend more time with family.
I’ve also started going for daily walks and I love it!

Reactions: 2
I’m using this three weeks to hopefully .. become healthier, lose some weight, save a lot of money and spend more time with family.
I’ve also started going for daily walks and I love it!
You sound like me - (I had an almost panic attack on Monday after Boris' speech feeling walls were closing in and everything was bleak, it was almost claustrophobia) - but now am thinking there is no choice so make the most of it. I eat well and have smaller portions to make stuff last longer, don't spend so much, go for a walk with the dog (I'm very fortunate to live in the back of beyond by a lough).
I read a meme (which usually irritate the hell out of me) which basically was saying try not worry about things which are totally out of your control, but instead focus on things that you can control. I listen to the news and read SM about it far less too.

Reactions: 4
I think the hardest part is not self isolating per se but the uncertainty. Nobody really knows how long we have to be stuck in this situation and that's quite emotionally tiring. I think we would be allowed out sooner if people would stop going to the shop 3 times a day and picking up jogging when they never had a physical activity in their whole lifetime. Sigh. But I guess people being selfish brats shouldn't surprise me.

I read somewhere that our only hope is a vaccine. I'm no anti vaxxer (I hate them and I don't care about being politically correct here) but who the duck would accept to get vaccined of such a "new" and apparently ready to mutate virus.

Anyway, in amazing news:
- we're out of hygienic pads and deliveries are being delayed for a week lol
- apparently my body decided that now is a great time to have a massive toothache, I'm getting drunk on clove essential oil 😑😶
- we got our internet cut off by mistake and they can't send a technician to put it back up so it's fun time in the house 🙌🏼
- I also tried to explain risk, the boardgame, to my zoomer siblings. Very challenging to keep their attention focused enough to go through all the rules, so I made simpler rules and we had fun still.

More seriously, we're all (7) getting along fine and that's really all that matters.

Reactions: 5
You sound like me - (I had an almost panic attack on Monday after Boris' speech feeling walls were closing in and everything was bleak, it was almost claustrophobia) - but now am thinking there is no choice so make the most of it. I eat well and have smaller portions to make stuff last longer, don't spend so much, go for a walk with the dog (I'm very fortunate to live in the back of beyond by a lough).
I read a meme (which usually irritate the hell out of me) which basically was saying try not worry about things which are totally out of your control, but instead focus on things that you can control. I listen to the news and read SM about it far less too.
Yes!! I think it’s very important to make the most of what we can do. Hope you’re feeling well 🥰

I got a ukulele last year and never really had the time to learn it. But it's now or never I guess. Sorry to my neighbors 🤷🏼‍♀️. And I want to start running again (we are still allowed to do it in Germany).
I'm honestly considering going for runs too. I hate running, but I'm so bored and fat now.

Does anyone else feel really paranoid and doing symptom spotting all the time? Feel like I’m getting a bit of a head cold. No temperature but just don’t feel right. Freaking out. My step mum is an ICU nurse and she has symptoms. She’s getting swabbed today. I’ve not had contact with her thankfully.
Yes I'm the same, I've had a slight headache (I'm putting it down to lack of fluids) which tends to go with paracetamol, then I have been sneezing not excessively just ever now and again. I'm so worried that I'm gonna get the virus that I've been checking my temperature regular, feels like it's turning me into a crazy people (not that I was sane before 😂)

Yes I'm the same, I've had a slight headache (I'm putting it down to lack of fluids) which tends to go with paracetamol, then I have been sneezing not excessively just ever now and again. I'm so worried that I'm gonna get the virus that I've been checking my temperature regular, feels like it's turning me into a crazy people (not that I was sane before 😂)
Sneezing isn't a symptom! I've had a headache but think it's dehydration.

Today I've fetched milk and dropped at friends door. Washed out bedding and hung it out to dry and hung out quilts and mattress toppers to air. I've watched some. More episodes of White House Farm.

12 year old has been forced out of his onesie and persuaded to get dressed. He compromised and put on clean pants, did some homework and is now playing Fifa (still in pants)

We did a yoga class at home together (which he farted all the way through) and I'm just about to go and shower.

Not sure I can handle the excitement of tomorrow .

• Haha
Reactions: 12