Self-Isolation... How will you stay sane?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If the nice weather continues I might put the tent up in the garden to sleep in for the night. My son and I were supposed to be in Devon on holiday this week so this might cheer him up a bit or it’ll be freezing and we’ll abandon it halfway through the night 😂

Reactions: 5
Normally my house is impeccably clean and everything is organised and in it's place but I've found I seriously can't be arsed this week.
Last week I was organising cupboards for the online shop arriving, putting fruit and veg in baskets in the fridge, changing our bedding, dusting and hoovering etc., but this week I've been sat on my arse watching Netflix.
That is exactly how I feel right now, just can't be arsed. I don't work but had quite a structured week, that's all gone to hell, I barely remember what day it is. Trying to motivate myself to put my trainers on and get out for some exercise, all my gear is just sitting looking at me.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think I’ve posted on this thread before, but just wanted to say I’m glad I’m not the only one who can’t be arsed this week - although I’m sorry that some of you are feeling it too!

Last week I felt quite productive, I was busy with work (from home) and even made a start with sorting out the fridge, cupboards etc. This week I’ve stayed in bed for far too long in the mornings and just moped about. I know I’d feel a lot better if I was busy doing things and being productive, but I just can’t find the will to do it. Probably doesn’t help that my partner is in the middle of working 15 days on the trot so I’ve got our two children all day every day 😩😂 hope you’re all feeling ok today x

Reactions: 3
Fairypop I really feel for parents of young children, it can't be easy trying to keep them occupied. When I'm feeling sorry for myself I quickly appreciate I only have myself and my husband to worry about here at home. My husband is still working as his industry is classed as essential which is making me a bit twitchy but his company has stringent measures in place and all interdepartmental communications are done via video link and the two metre rule is in place which he assures me everyone adheres to.

Anyone on here with school age kids?

Mine are 10 and 14. These first 2 weeks have been ok as they’ve had schoolwork to get done which helped break up the day.
But I’m dreading these next 2 weeks as it’s officially the Easter holidays so no work is being set. I think this combined with not being able to go anywhere, see their mates etc will create a perfect storm and they’ll be a nightmare after a few days.

I’m going to have to take charge and set them stuff to do around the house. The oldest is doing workouts in the garage and going for a daily walk, but my youngest is like what’s the point 🙄
I've got a 12 year old. His school set work for all subjects for 12 weeks online so he does two hours a day and has been through the holidays. He also has weekly scout tasks to do and zoom Scout groups weekly. He does an hours exercise in the garden daily and then can do as he pleases the rest of the time. This is reading, watching boxsets and playing on the console

Fairypop I really feel for parents of young children, it can't be easy trying to keep them occupied. When I'm feeling sorry for myself I quickly appreciate I only have myself and my husband to worry about here at home. My husband is still working as his industry is classed as essential which is making me a bit twitchy but his company has stringent measures in place and all interdepartmental communications are done via video link and the two metre rule is in place which he assures me everyone adheres to.
Ah bless you, I don’t think I’ve really heard anyone (without children/young children) say that, I suppose it’s weirdly nice to have it acknowledged 😂. My eldest is usually at nursery every day and misses it massively, she’s old enough to realise she isn’t going out or seeing anyone, but not quite old enough to really understand why - I feel so sorry for her because she’s so used to being out and about.

Having said all that, I don’t think it’s easy for anyone at the moment is it? Even without children I imagine you must struggle some days. I suppose what I’m trying to say is.. don’t feel like you can’t feel sorry for yourself! I know I would too even if I didn’t have children. And I totally get why it makes you a bit twitchy! I feel exactly the same about my partner working. God I hope this is all over soon!

I had grand plans to scrub the entire house, touch up paint and decorate the bedrooms, exercise daily and cook lovely dinners.

End of week three and I’ve done none of these things.

Reactions: 3
I’m losing my mind. Stuck inside with a 2 year old, partner works 5-6 days a week still. We’ve baked so much that I’ve gone through several bags of flour/sugar. We’ve done enough crafts to fill an art gallery. We’ve read every single book more than once. Every toy has been played with. I’ve cleaned things that don’t even need cleaned. All my cupboards etc are junk free. I’ve ran out of things to do. Stuck in a flat, shared garden but my neighbour doesn’t pick up after her dog. I feel like screaming or crying or both.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
You have flour ??!
Check out the "European" shops. My partner went to a polish shop and there were different types of flour.

I’m losing my mind. Stuck inside with a 2 year old, partner works 5-6 days a week still. We’ve baked so much that I’ve gone through several bags of flour/sugar. We’ve done enough crafts to fill an art gallery. We’ve read every single book more than once. Every toy has been played with. I’ve cleaned things that don’t even need cleaned. All my cupboards etc are junk free. I’ve ran out of things to do. Stuck in a flat, shared garden but my neighbour doesn’t pick up after her dog. I feel like screaming or crying or both.
Give yourself a break. Just be bored or do nothing for a day. You've done so well so far.
And your neighbour needs to sort her tit out. Literally

Reactions: 1
Check out the "European" shops. My partner went to a polish shop and there were different types of flour.

Give yourself a break. Just be bored or do nothing for a day. You've done so well so far.
And your neighbour needs to sort her tit out. Literally
Ive been bored and done nothing. We’ve had movie days and we’ve relaxed, well I have can’t say the same for the toddler🤣 Thankful we can be at home and stay safe, I just feel sorry for my son more than anything. As for my neighbour, I’m tempted to post my cats tit through her door!

I have to buy gluten free and there’s always a fully stocked shelf of free from flour. It’s not great but I use it for making home made chicken nuggets etc.

I think once I accepted that we will be bored I started to feel better and it took the pressure and guilt off a little.

I've got a 4 and (nearly) 2 year old, it's been very challenging so far. And I hate saying so, we're all safe, healthy and have no job or financial worries. But my husband is working (from home) full time, so all the childcare and house duties are left to me. I'm usually a SAHM anyway but obviously the kids would normally have nursery and grandparents are good at helping too. My youngest isn't sleeping too well at night so I'm up during the night, then my eldest bounces in at 6am wanting to play hide and seek and I'm absolutely exhausted. The days are really long, there's so little personal space, we actually end up arguing who gets to go to the supermarket just to get out the house and get some time alone. I really hope the coming weeks pass quickly because I'll end up needing therapy at the other side!

Like I say, I hate complaining, I really do, but I am counting down the days to getting some sort of life back. I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this either.

I'm considering trimming my hair having watched some yountube videos.
Anyone else done this?Or any hairdressers out there?
New to this thread so I'm sorry if this has been covered

I'm considering trimming my hair having watched some yountube videos.
Anyone else done this?Or any hairdressers out there?
New to this thread so I'm sorry if this has been covered
I used to do this a lot, I think just trimming is pretty easy. First I tried using a guide which had a spirit level on it, my friend did the cutting and it turned out so wonky so I lost more length than I wanted trying to even it out. Next time I just did it freestyle in front of the mirror with my hair sectioned and over my shoulders. Literally just cut it straight and it turned out fine, not that I’d put hairdressers out of a job 🤣 but it was even and neat

I did buy some sharp hairdressing scissors which helped. Also be conservative as you can trim more but you can’t stick hair back on! I wouldn’t attempt trimming a fringe either (if you have one), there’s less room for error

I used to do this a lot, I think just trimming is pretty easy. First I tried using a guide which had a spirit level on it, my friend did the cutting and it turned out so wonky so I lost more length than I wanted trying to even it out. Next time I just did it freestyle in front of the mirror with my hair sectioned and over my shoulders. Literally just cut it straight and it turned out fine, not that I’d put hairdressers out of a job 🤣 but it was even and neat

I did buy some sharp hairdressing scissors which helped. Also be conservative as you can trim more but you can’t stick hair back on! I wouldn’t attempt trimming a fringe either (if you have one), there’s less room for error
Hilarious thinking about a spirit level being used 😂
I think I will give it a bash,go with your advice and just trim a little to be on the safe side.I have always done my fringe myself and I have hairdresser scissors.