Secret Celebrity Gossip #93

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love that I have inadvertently assembled the Stephen Mangan Appreciation Society šŸ˜‚

Anyone see Gorka make a speech about how amazing and brilliant Helen Skelton is on Strictly tonight btw? Really lovely of him but If looks could kill I think heā€™d be dead five times over. She didnā€™t seem very happy about it.
I thought that tooā€¦she looked tense tonight and cannot blame herā€¦ I think if he hadnā€™t said with all thatā€™s going in or words to that effectā€¦and instead just said we just need to work on your self belief then it would have been fineā€¦. She was choked up thanking her parentsā€¦..aka the grandparents for the childminding they obviously do.. bless her

Reactions: 19
The Jimmy Saville scandal broke in 2012, 20 years ago, way before the technology of today.

And he was obviously investigated or we wouldn't know about it?

Are you saying the police forces of the United Kingdom are scared of men or women who are successful in business or "show business" or are you saying people with titles are above the law,
I hate to break it to you, but 2012 was only 10 years ago, not 20!

I also think youā€™re being naĆÆve on several points, but I donā€™t really have the energy to enlighten you šŸ™„

Reactions: 25
He was on This Morning the other day styled as "National Treasure" :sick: (being interviewed by Philth no less) and I immediately thought of these threads and wanted to hurl. I don't know how outlets such as TM plan to live it down when the rumours are confirmed.
The rumours have circulated for YEARS and are all bullshit. I have a friend in the Met who gets exasperated by these stories. Do you honestly think the police would put themselves in this position to knowingly let a supposed p'edo walk the streets whether he was an actor or not, there would be uproar if they did? How many celebs since Saville have been sent down, they didn't hush those up so an OFAH star wouldn't be any different. Other than him renting out his house years ago to a friend who it turned out was have sex parties (DJ promptly kicked him out) there is NO dirt on him. Same as Cliff Richard, he's a private gay man who's been with his partner for years, no gossip there either. Its just a story that gets rehashed and never squashed but tarnishes people's reputation. Nothing will come out after his death (maybe a few nutters pretending he touched them up to make a buck or two) because there is none.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
With Saville hundreds of people came forward to speak openly about their abuse- after he died. The reason for that is because if theyā€™d tried to say anything while he was alive theyā€™d have been sued or torn apart by the papers. They felt safe to speak when he was gone because an outpouring began and it was a case of strength in numbers.

Sexual assaults are notoriously hard to prove, and take real guts to go to the police about. If the rumours about DJ are true then the papers and the police are already likely aware but probably canā€™t prove anything solidly enough to take him down.

When he dies the floodgates will open because people will feel safe to talk. People like him are classed as ā€˜untouchableā€™ because the general public hold them in such high esteem that you better have solid bleeping proof they did something bad to you or people donā€™t want to know.

Re Stephen Mangan, I canā€™t believe nobody has mentioned him in Alan Partridge yet as DAN! ā€˜Lynn these are sex people!ā€™
I totally agree, but I'm not sure that it's a lack of guts that causes people not to go to the police about rape/sexual assault/child sex abuse. More that they don't think there will be a chance of conviction so it isn't worth putting themselves through the trauma. That's why I didn't report mine anyway. But the people who DO report are really brave, I agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The rumours have circulated for YEARS and are all bullshit. I have a friend in the Met who gets exasperated by these stories. Do you honestly think the police would put themselves in this position to knowingly let a supposed p'edo walk the streets whether he was an actor or not, there would be uproar if they did? How many celebs since Saville have been sent down, they didn't hush those up so an OFAH star wouldn't be any different. Other than him renting out his house years ago to a friend who it turned out was have sex parties (DJ promptly kicked him out) there is NO dirt on him. Same as Cliff Richard, he's a private gay man who's been with his partner for years, no gossip there either. Its just a story that gets rehashed and never squashed but tarnishes people's reputation. Nothing will come out after his death (maybe a few nutters pretending he touched them up to make a buck or two) because there is none.
The Met donā€™t have a great track record to be fair.

ETA: I actually have no strong feelings of who is or isnā€™t guilty of anything, but Iā€™d also like to think that no one is untouchable and that lessons have been learnt over the years.
That said though, as long as we have a hierachy and ā€˜celebrityā€™ mentality there will always be cover-ups somewhere along the line.

Reactions: 25
I totally agree, but I'm not sure that it's a lack of guts that causes people not to go to the police about rape/sexual assault/child sex abuse. More that they don't think there will be a chance of conviction so it isn't worth putting themselves through the trauma. That's why I didn't report mine anyway. But the people who DO report are really brave, I agree.
And, from experience, shame and embarrassment, and the certainty that no one would believe it.

ETA: and I donā€™t necessarily think itā€™s down to the Met doing nothing about well known figures who are accused (although they donā€™t cover themselves in glory). I think itā€™s more the old adage that money talks and justice walks. Any case would have to be absolutely watertight before going to trial against people who can throw money at the best Lawyers around.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
About Saville, it was an open secret/theory. My mam who knew nothing of celeb gossip or tabloids back in the 80s and 90s, always said Saville was a paedophile and my father who has been divorced from my mother since the late 2000s and generally doesnā€™t get along with her, will always say when Saville is brought up ā€œAlan, your mother said since the 80ā€™s that he was a paedophile and she wouldnt try to change her mind if someone argued about it with herā€ he canā€™t stand my Ma and will still praise her that she knew something was off with him even though many didnā€™t and considered him a Saint.

Itā€™s crazy how human ā€ā€intuition works

• Heart
Reactions: 35
You seem very sure. Also, nutters?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Why are you saying this with such certainty? You have no idea what David Jason has or hasnā€™t done, and neither does your mate. The fact that you are eagerly discrediting potential victims in advance shows exactly why victims donā€™t come forward in so many cases.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Sexual assault is too hard to prove, also thereā€™s little to no conviction rate for the people who do it.

Itā€™s terribly sad that nearly all women and girls have a story of sexual abuse and/or assault yet nothing will change and will never change in the future.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Iā€™m sure I read somewhere that PSā€™ super-injunction comes to and end soon. Anyone else read that somewhere?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Iā€™m sure I read somewhere that PSā€™ super-injunction comes to and end soon. Anyone else read that somewhere?
Iā€™ve read it on here but not sure how people know as no-one knows it exists for sure so how people have read it is a mystery! Iā€™m confused as to why theyā€™d have expiry dates as well, unless itā€™s just so lawyers can make a bit extra renewing them every couple of years

Reactions: 5
I thought that tooā€¦she looked tense tonight and cannot blame herā€¦ I think if he hadnā€™t said with all thatā€™s going in or words to that effectā€¦and instead just said we just need to work on your self belief then it would have been fineā€¦. She was choked up thanking her parentsā€¦..aka the grandparents for the childminding they obviously do.. bless her
Does anyone else think that Helen's husband was intimidated by her being clever, capable, successful and beautiful, and so felt he needed to downgrade to someone more on his own level?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I love Episodes. Thatā€™s my favourite thing Stephen Mangan is in.

Matt Le Blanc in that show makes me want to climb him like a tree. Nobody more surprised than me because I hated Friends.
Matt LeBlanc has aged wonderfully. A relative of mine works on Top Gear and says he's lovely too.

I'm guessing Ellie Goulding's underwear might not have been transparent until there was a camera flash on it, that happens quite a lot :(

Reactions: 20
Why are you saying this with such certainty? You have no idea what David Jason has or hasnā€™t done, and neither does your mate. The fact that you are eagerly discrediting potential victims in advance shows exactly why victims donā€™t come forward in so many cases.
My friends in the Met Police if you read my post properly, in this day and age no actor, singer, sports star or presenter is free from investigation if there's a hint of a possibility of wrong doing. Did Man U or Man City pay off the police to ignore the rape charges of young girls by their players, no, years ago it would probably of been hushed up, different times, different measures but police forces do not want blood on their hands so no, I'm not discrediting any victims on the horizon because there won't be any genuine ones regarding David Jason.

You seem very sure. Also, nutters?
Yes, nutters, look back how many men and women are alleged victims and have reported several famous people of raping them. There was one not long ago where the woman had accused 13 different men of raping her on different occasions, CCTV proved they were nowhere near her but each of her cases went to court. Luckily, after the last one she was sent to prison. The man who kept reporting MPs of abusing him as a youngster, again, was found to be lying. So yes, there are nutters out there who make unfounded allegations up over and over again, they are who I'm referring to. These people tarnish others lives, they lose friends, family, their jobs for what, somebody seeking attention?

So you're letting the person off who carried out this otrocity because you don't think you'll be believed which in turn will stop somebody else from reporting their abuse and so on and so forth causing a snowball effect. Go and report it, for your own sake, sex crimes are are taken far more seriously than ever, do it, easy for a stranger to encourage you but you never know, you might, fingers crossed, get justice xx

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
DM mischievously have a piece on Paddy McG being dropped by M&S from its Xmas food ads.
The contract has probably come to an end anyway, but it gives them a chance to keep his name out there ā€¦

Reactions: 28
My friends in the Met Police if you read my post properly, in this day and age no actor, singer, sports star or presenter is free from investigation if there's a hint of a possibility of wrong doing. Did Man U or Man City pay off the police to ignore the rape charges of young girls by their players, no, years ago it would probably of been hushed up, different times, different measures but police forces do not want blood on their hands so no, I'm not discrediting any victims on the horizon because there won't be any genuine ones regarding David Jason.

Yes, nutters, look back how many men and women are alleged victims and have reported several famous people of raping them. There was one not long ago where the woman had accused 13 different men of raping her on different occasions, CCTV proved they were nowhere near her but each of her cases went to court. Luckily, after the last one she was sent to prison. The man who kept reporting MPs of abusing him as a youngster, again, was found to be lying. So yes, there are nutters out there who make unfounded allegations up over and over again, they are who I'm referring to. These people tarnish others lives, they lose friends, family, their jobs for what, somebody seeking attention?

So you're letting the person off who carried out this otrocity because you don't think you'll be believed which in turn will stop somebody else from reporting their abuse and so on and so forth causing a snowball effect. Go and report it, for your own sake, sex crimes are are taken far more seriously than ever, do it, easy for a stranger to encourage you but you never know, you might, fingers crossed, get justice xx

I'm sorry, are you trying to imply that if I don't report my rape and sexual assault, that I am part of the problem? Has it not occured to you that I just MAY have already weighed up the pros and cons of reporting it?

I am absolutely horrified that you have seriously just said I am "letting the person off". Your naivete would be endearing if it wasn't so breathtakingly offensive! I didn't realise that we live in Narnia, where we can all merrily report what happened to us, at no personal cost to ourselves and our loved ones, because 'hey, it's worth a punt, fingers crossed eh?' What if my version of justice isn't the same as yours? Did that ever occur to you?

My version of justice, is that the guy is a total animal, and crimestoppers have a statement to use if anyone else ever reports him. But that's where the personal outlay ends. That bastard doesn't get to live rent free in my head. He doesn't get to make me discuss my sex life on the stand and divulge really personal stuff. He doesn't get to take that amount of time and effort from me. He doesn't get to have the power of me caring about a verdict in court.

He raped my body but he sure as tit doesn't get to rape my life. NOT when I had had a consensual relationship with him prior to that day and therefore couldn't prove it. Is that clear enough? Or do you want extra details about why your comment is both ignorant and offensive?

Edit: also, while there are absolute dinosaurs like you who think the 1.2% of false rape claims is actually an avalanche of "nutters" making false claims, you are one of the reasons why reporting rape and assault is a massively bad idea. Rape Crisis state that for every "false claims" there are literally hundreds of actual rapists who walk free from court because the evidence isn't quite enough. With people like you caping for them, and seeming to view false reports as on a parity with actual accusations, who would ever believe a woman in a he said she said scenario?

Anyone who falsely reports a rape deserves to feel the full force of the law but honestly, rapists don't need you to white knight for them and save them from "nutters". The legal system as it is does that already.

Your comments are naive, offensive, contradictory and lack emotional intelligence and nuance.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 138
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.