Secret Celebrity Gossip #91

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm fairly newish to Tattle - has there ever been any secret gossip about why Peter Kay cancelled his mega tour?
the “gossip” about this kind of makes me sad - the reason has obviously been confirmed but i feel like it crosses the line somewhat. he obviously wanted it to be private and it hasn’t ended up being so: i remember on the digital spy threads people were commenting to say a family member who was a taxi driver had driven him to the centre where he was having treatment etc and then coming to the forum to say so. i know it’s hypocritical of me because ultimately we’re all here on a celeb gossip forum, gossiping (obviously 🤣) but when we’re talking about someone keeping cancer treatment private i feel like it should stay so.

i think i remember sarah harding’s cancer diagnosis being revealed in much the same way.

(this isn’t aimed at you op, i’m just tagging on your post!)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
Oh, so how old’s the daughter then? This sounds like old news.

the “gossip” about this kind of makes me sad - the reason has obviously been confirmed but i feel like it crosses the line somewhat. he obviously wanted it to be private and it hasn’t ended up being so: i remember on the digital spy threads people were commenting to say a family member who was a taxi driver had driven him to the centre where he was having treatment etc and then coming to the forum to say so. i know it’s hypocritical of me because ultimately we’re all here on a celeb gossip forum, gossiping (obviously 🤣) but when we’re talking about someone keeping cancer treatment private i feel like it should stay so.

i think i remember sarah harding’s cancer diagnosis being revealed in much the same way.

I agree, that’s why I haven’t uttered a word until now as he’s well and back on tour. I agree that reporting back on seeing someone in hospital is completely out of order - even if you’re a patient there yourself!

Reactions: 13
He did used to be called the donkey, but I thought it was because he looks like one!
He’s irritating me on Strictly though for some reason.

Oops, I posted this in wrong place, it was meant to be in response to @HouseofTea about Tony Adams 🤪

The tabloids are getting closer and closer to exposing him i guess you could say they have already started…

Yes, I think you’re right.
There were rumours that a gang of boys used to visit Philip’s London flat..maybe he was one of them. And maybe this lad hasn’t signed an NDA so the press may well be sniffing around him even more!
If only Pip had queued…

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
It's pretty well known that Midge Ure was the main writer of Do They Know It's Christmas? There's no doubt that Bob Geldof was the "salesperson" for the whole thing which, in all fairness, he did very well.

Reactions: 21
Oh, so how old’s the daughter then? This sounds like old news.

I agree, that’s why I haven’t uttered a word until now as he’s well and back on tour. I agree that reporting back on seeing someone in hospital is completely out of order - even if you’re a patient there yourself!
I always thought it was because one of his kids was unwell?

Reactions: 2
Yes it was me. I was having chemo for breast cancer and I saw him at Christie’s in Manchester.
I think that's pretty crappy you'd put that out there, to be honest.
His business, which he obviously wanted kept private (and managed to do despite being very famous).
I'd have thought a fellow patient would have understood how important that was.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47

I completely agree and I think it's intrusive and not gossip as such.

A very close family member has recently been diagnosed with a form of cancer and people at work are talking about it - it's none of their bleeping business and this man wants to keep his cancer journey entirely private. As it is, I'm constantly having to fend off questions. The reason people know is due to a major breach of confidentiality involving a member of NHS staff who is related to a workmate. I am angry and sad and struggling to process everything and the last thing I need is to be the subject of staffroom gossip about something so upsetting.

Therefore, I have every sympathy with famous people dealing with potentially life limiting disease in their own way, and no-one should expect regular health bulletins.

And I have probably completely outed myself by posting this but it's not Mumsnet and not the end of the world if someone works out I'm whatserface from down the road.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I love gossip as much as the next person but I also feel disclosures about someone’s health should be off limits. No shade on posters who make those posts but they make me feel really uncomfortable

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I love gossip as much as the next person but I also feel disclosures about someone’s health should be off limits. No shade on posters who make those posts but they make me feel really uncomfortable
fully 1000% agree - it isn’t gossip.

no matter how famous a person is, they deserve to undergo treatment or hospitalisation privately and peacefully under their own wishes. my heart broke for sarah harding when the sun (i think?) happily broke that story about her having breast cancer treatment and again it was other patients who broke her trust.

I completely agree and I think it's intrusive and not gossip as such.

A very close family member has recently been diagnosed with a form of cancer and people at work are talking about it - it's none of their bleeping business and this man wants to keep his cancer journey entirely private. As it is, I'm constantly having to fend off questions. The reason people know is due to a major breach of confidentiality involving a member of NHS staff who is related to a workmate. I am angry and sad and struggling to process everything and the last thing I need is to be the subject of staffroom gossip about something so upsetting.

Therefore, I have every sympathy with famous people dealing with potentially life limiting disease in their own way, and no-one should expect regular health bulletins.

And I have probably completely outed myself by posting this but it's not Mumsnet and not the end of the world if someone works out I'm whatserface from down the road.
sending much love to your family member 💙 i’ve had a close relative go through cancer treatment too and it’s a hard and invasive journey. the idea that another patient, or even a doctor in the treatment centre, could have been watching and then happily going online to say “you won’t believe who i saw!” etc is awful. the man was (presumably) having chemo or radiotherapy, have some decency.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So a long time lurker with a bit of tea
i used to work in recording studios
Elton John really polite and friendly
Wendy James quite standoffish at first but really sweet, was recording the album elvis Costello wrote for her but her vocals weren’t good
Chris Rea ha ha what a star didn’t realise he was at my kitchen window when I told Ricky Ross from deacon blue he was a grumpy old bastard, to be fair he said yes I am.
George Cole was actually Auther Dailey
The lead singer John from cast was an areshole but me and skin used to get very stoned together I remember being on the M4 going home one night and wondering why everyone was overtaking me then I realised I was doing 30 miles an hour
be back with more

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
honestly, and i know your intentions were decent and all, it’s much the same thing. he’s entitled to not have that shared if he doesn’t want it to be, even if he’s ten, twenty, thirty years after treatment. it’s a deeply personal and traumatic thing to go through, and if he wants to keep it private then he should be able to do that forever.

i’m bowing out though because discussions of illness, especially cancer, becomes very personal to me. the main point really is that people going through serious health issues isn’t gossip, regardless of whether they’re having or have had treatment. peter kay was entitled to ask for that privacy and it should have been granted to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
honestly, and i know your intentions were decent and all, it’s much the same thing. he’s entitled to not have that shared if he doesn’t want it to be, even if he’s ten, twenty, thirty years after treatment. it’s a deeply personal and traumatic thing to go through, and if he wants to keep it private then he should be able to do that forever.

i’m bowing out though because discussions of illness, especially cancer, becomes very personal to me. the main point really is that people going through serious health issues isn’t gossip, regardless of whether they’re having or have had treatment. peter kay was entitled to ask for that privacy and it should have been granted to him.
There are many topics on here which are close to the knuckle, it’s the nature of Tattle. It’s your choice to decide what does and doesn’t outrage you. You can choose to bow out quietly without announcing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
There are many topics on here which are close to the knuckle, it’s the nature of Tattle. It’s your choice to decide what does and doesn’t outrage you. You can choose to bow out quietly without announcing it.
just trying to explain why i reacted emotively to your post and maybe was a little harsh in my wording towards you but, there we go 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I do not like Mel B. I didn't like the way she hired a nanny essentially as a sex partner for her and her husband, among other things. I don't believe she was coerced into making sex tapes either.

The husband was a right nasty piece of work and I don't doubt he hit her, but I still don't like her, sorry.
I agree.
Read today that Eddie Murphy has had to up his maintenance payments for Angel to $35,000 a month, from the 25k he was paying before. I think it said Angel is 15 and the money stops once she's 18 so, I wonder who will finance Mel's lifestyle after that?
It actually won't finance her lifestyle, it will go straight to her ex-husband.

Reactions: 7
Do you mean that Eddie Murphy money goes straight to Stefan Belafonte? There are laws against that being allowed. That said, Stefan has custody of their daughter so I’m guessing Mel must have to pay him maintenance. Shudder.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Do you mean that Eddie Murphy money goes straight to Stefan Belafonte? There are laws against that being allowed. That said, Stefan has custody of their daughter so I’m guessing Mel must have to pay him maintenance. Shudder.
Mel had to pay Stefan a divorce settlement of 6.5 mil. Already paid him 3 from the sell of her house. Also has to pay his lawyer fees and child support on top of that. Her work in America dried up after the divorce and she lost a lot of her money on her own lawyer fees. She pushed for the child support to go up after Stephan kept pushing her for money. There's an article online, in which she says, she had little less than a grand after Stephan cleared her out.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.