Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

flowerpotno7

VIP Member
My husband is Welsh. I love Wales, but Lava bread, bara Brith and Welsh cakes are just not my things at all!

That's my neck of the woods! Has it really turned into twatsville too?
my daughter makes lovely welsh cakes,she puts a bit of cinnamin in,ive never tried bara brith (i dont like the look of it ) :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 4

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
Supermassive Black Hole is one of my favourites.
I've seen them live 7 times. Even went to their massive Wembley show in 2007.... Twice in the same weekend.
First time I saw them was waaay back in 2004. Small venue in Dublin called The Olympia (capacity of only 1240 but the sound and acoustics in that venue are 👌🏻😘) They blew the fucking roof off! Hard to believe less than 3 years later they'd be selling out massive stadiums. Last time they were here (Dublin) was 2016 so they're WELL due an ould trip back soon. No sign of an Irish date on their tour yet 😭😭

• Heart

PummelMyPumble

Interesting all the Wet Leg goss. We couldn't understand how the fuck they got a main stage slot at trnsmt, whilst bands like Maximo Park were on the smaller stage.
Money (and using/abusing the people whom wrote their songs/gave them their name/got them signed) talks.

Normalitywoman

Does anyone remember the Misty magazine?
A sort of mysterious, slightly twilight zone mag for pre teens. I seem to remember the stories always had a moral to them.For example, cruel teens chase vulnerable puppy into old house.Old lady tries to reason with them to no avail.Cruel teens are cheeky to old lady.Old lady is a witch.Traps cruel teens in haunted mirror for ev-ah.Old lady witch adopts puppy.
Then the narrator ( Misty), explains the moral of the story.
Probably responsible for me not living a life of crime.
Omg i remember the jelly baby story in misty.

Matt Smith was amazing playing Prince Philip in The Crown. I believed he really was Philip. Actually the second guy who played him was really good as well, Philip is the only person the casting people have got consistently right.
Unbelievable casting. Matt as Deamon in H.O.D omg he is hypnotizing

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
Was he the one who told a fellow pupil who liked him "I'm going out with Annette"?

We pissed ourselves laughing because the way he said it sounded like he was going out with a net.
🤣 I don’t remember him going out with Annette (my fave), but he did used to go out with Clare - he was the school stud!

ETA: Oh yes, turned out they had an ‘affair!!’

Attachments

Last edited:

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Have seen a headline saying Tory minister sacked with immediate effect.
ETA one of Boris's closest friends 🤔 Wonder what happened...

flowerpotno7

VIP Member
My husband actually did this - he bought a book in India which had about 400 pages and said it was far too heavy to carry back on the plane so he did that - everybody said he was destructive but he said he had paid for it and could do what he wanted with it. :confused: (and he finished it)
Where ever we went he would have a photo taken with a Ronald McDonald life size character - there used to be lots of them in the early days outside the restaurants (we never ate in them). We would send it to Take a Break and could almost guarantee they would print it, made quite a few £'s out of it.

My husband also had one of them and we have the photo of him in the perm curlers to prove it.
i won £25 once from a puzzle in a magazine (it may have been take a break but i cant remember) i gave my hubby half because he said he helped me but the results were published six weeks later and i had done it on my own,he wouldnt give me a refund though :ROFLMAO:

• Haha