Secret Celebrity Gossip #84

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think this takes the biscuit for disgusting tweet in regard to Salman Rushdie’s stabbing

EFA639DA-FDD1-49DB-83D2-6E84B5A2478B.jpeg
82016EEA-7A67-4447-84C2-D52CE656D255.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
This is a much better take.

View attachment 1494260

Really hope he pulls through, it’s just shocking.
The attack on Salman Rushdie is dreadful. He is on a ventilator, unable to speak, and apparently may lose an eye 😔

His agent told Reuters and the New York Times... “Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged.”

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
The attack on Salman Rushdie is dreadful. He is on a ventilator, unable to speak, and apparently may lose an eye 😔

His agent told Reuters and the New York Times... “Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged.”
Oh tit that’s horrific.

• Sad
Reactions: 18

The poor man, I didn’t realise how horrific the attack was.
The problem with this attack is that it will spur on Muslim fanatics and embolden them even more.

• Sad
Reactions: 36

The Times are reporting he was stabbed up to 15 times .

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Ian Rankin is a lovely man, so kind and patient at events and signings, always happy to answer questions about his characters and writing processes he's probably had million times before.

Neil Gaiman was the same when I met him in the early 2000s, he had a nice thing to say to everyone, and drew a little picture in every book he was given. Also lovely and staggeringly patient was the late, great Terry Pratchett, even though he was clearly knackered from a UK wide tour and the bookshop has seriously underprepared for the arrival of 500 fans of his books.

Most authors are really sweet at signing events, the new, unknown ones are super pleased people have come to meet them, and the more established ones delight in the way their creations are so well loved.
I love Ian Rankins books so I’m super happy to hear he’s nice!

Reactions: 19
The poor man, I didn’t realise how horrific the attack was.
The problem with this attack is that it will spur on Muslim fanatics and embolden them even more.
It will also rekindle Islamaphobic attitudes to normal regular people who happen to be Muslim as well, as ignorant people assume normal Muslims agree with this horrific behaviour.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I think this takes the biscuit for disgusting tweet in regard to Salman Rushdie’s stabbing

View attachment 1494390View attachment 1494383
This makes me so angry. These are the kinds of people people like Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson et Al, Ask Sarkar and the rest of them are defending. Yet they will defend death and rape threats on the grounds of people's perceived ' hurt feelings' but have the cheek to be outraged when Rushdie is almost stabbed to death for writing a book. They are basically defending the kind of people who are issuing the same kinds of threats to Rowling.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
What's happened with that teacher in Yorkshire who had to go into hiding because he was discussing a cartoon with his class?

Reactions: 10
This makes me so angry. These are the kinds of people people like Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson et Al, Ask Sarkar and the rest of them are defending. Yet they will defend death and rape threats on the grounds of people's perceived ' hurt feelings' but have the cheek to be outraged when Rushdie is almost stabbed to death for writing a book. They are basically defending the kind of people who are issuing the same kinds of threats to Rowling.
I think that's a bit of a reach. That's the same as tarring all Muslims because of a tiny minority of whack-job extremists.

Reactions: 20
I think that's a bit of a reach. That's the same as tarring all Muslims because of a tiny minority of whack-job extremists.
I don't think so. There may be a tiny minority of trans activists issuing death threats and doxxing Rowling, but they are never condemned, and their actions are defended by people saying ' Rowling is literally causing trans people to die!!!!!' The person who stabbed Rushdie stabbed him to suppress freedom of speech and expression. People who are trying to silence Rowling are trying to suppress her freedom of speech and expression. Who is to say some whackjob will not try to attack her because their abuse is apparently condoned, or at least not condemned?

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
QI is so much more watchable now that Sandi T is at the helm.
Do you follow the QI elves as No Such Thing As A Fish? They did a 20 hour podcast with a different celeb every thirty minutes or so. Each celeb provided a fact, which they then discussed. The one with Sandi is glorious.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I don't think so. There may be a tiny minority of trans activists issuing death threats and doxxing Rowling, but they are never condemned, and their actions are defended by people saying ' Rowling is literally causing trans people to die!!!!!' The person who stabbed Rushdie stabbed him to suppress freedom of speech and expression. People who are trying to silence Rowling are trying to suppress her freedom of speech and expression. Who is to say some whackjob will not try to attack her because their abuse is apparently condoned, or at least not condemned?
That's just nonsense, of course people condem that sort of behaviour. I support trans rights, and I condem it, so...

There is a difference between free speech and hate speech. One person's desire to air their prejudices against a minority group does not trump the basic human rights of that group to exist without persecution.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
It would be a different story if it happened to them.

Reactions: 15
I haven't read or bought a book in ages, but in the light of recent events, I will be purchasing a copy of The Satanic verses.

Reactions: 24
If I remember correctly some book shops refused to sell it or you had to ask a member of staff because they wouldn’t display it , it was over thirty years ago so I can’t remember much .

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.