Secret Celebrity Gossip #84

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also avoid watching graphic sex scenes but I absolutely loved watching Alan Bates and Oliver Reed writhing naked on the floor in Women in Love. So either age has changed me or I just want to watch two handsome blokes butt naked. Just bums in that scene no cocks at all.
I am quite fascinated by private life of Alan Bates. I had no idea until recently, that he kept his sexuality under wraps and had a long standing relationship with the ice skater John Curry.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
TATTOOIST: Hello again, mate! Another tattoo?

BROOKLYN: Yeah.

TATTOOIST: What do you want this time?

BROOKLYN: I was finkin' of: "I like beans" down me left arm - in between "Can you wake me up at 9 tomorrow, Mum?" and "We won 3:2!"

TATTOOIST: You really don't have a private thought in your head, do you?

BROOKLYN: Fanks!
reminds me of a dimbo bimbo I used to work with.
She was rabbiting on about clothes and someone told her she was a real fashion victim.
She simpered "fank you, I do try.."

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I see Cara Delevigne is celebrating her birthday. Shocked that she's only 30 though - I thought she was about 5 years older than that - must be her full-on habit jetsetting lifestyle

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Cara Delevigne is such a twit. Talk about entitled and stupid. I have seen her about town on numerous occasions and she is either drunk/high or generally just liking the sound of her own voice too much. The ultimate show off. How the duck she was ever given acting roles is beyond me. She is awful. AWFUL.

Reactions: 38
Twitter social justice warriors must tie themselves in knots trying to come up with these random comparisons
102C3F09-AC49-48AE-88B5-9118C554B3F7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
It has really shocked and upset me. He's 75. I hope he is going to be OK. I hope they have locked the animal up that did that to him.

Reactions: 35
Ian Rankin is a lovely man, so kind and patient at events and signings, always happy to answer questions about his characters and writing processes he's probably had million times before.

Neil Gaiman was the same when I met him in the early 2000s, he had a nice thing to say to everyone, and drew a little picture in every book he was given. Also lovely and staggeringly patient was the late, great Terry Pratchett, even though he was clearly knackered from a UK wide tour and the bookshop has seriously underprepared for the arrival of 500 fans of his books.

Most authors are really sweet at signing events, the new, unknown ones are super pleased people have come to meet them, and the more established ones delight in the way their creations are so well loved.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I know it's only Wikipedia but apparently Anne Heche's brother died in a car crash shortly before his high school graduation. Anne seemingly believed it was suicide.
she’s one of five (i think) children and lost three siblings at young ages. on top of the many awful things that happened to her.

rip anne; i hope she’s finally found the peace she apparently craved so much :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Ian Rankin is a lovely man, so kind and patient at events and signings, always happy to answer questions about his characters and writing processes he's probably had million times before.

Neil Gaiman was the same when I met him in the early 2000s, he had a nice thing to say to everyone, and drew a little picture in every book he was given. Also lovely and staggeringly patient was the late, great Terry Pratchett, even though he was clearly knackered from a UK wide tour and the bookshop has seriously underprepared for the arrival of 500 fans of his books.

Most authors are really sweet at signing events, the new, unknown ones are super pleased people have come to meet them, and the more established ones delight in the way their creations are so well loved.
Yes I have heard that about Gaiman. He remembered my friend many years later at the Edinburgh Book Festival and although busy stopped to speak when his PA told him to hurry up.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Re Stephen Fry. On holidays recently I started to read a novel he wrote, i picked it up in a charity shop, in the first few pages the main character, a writer, said, if more women liked sex there would be less rapists.
I wad shocked at this and threw the book in the bin.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 71
A lot of famous/blue-ticked people seem to follow Stephen Fry on Twitter. People seem to think he's so intelligent, but he just comes across as really smug and arrogant, to me. His behaviour on Twitter, plus various interviews he's given, lead me to think he's not all that.

Reactions: 29
A lot of famous/blue-ticked people seem to follow Stephen Fry on Twitter. People seem to think he's so intelligent, but he just comes across as really smug and arrogant, to me. His behaviour on Twitter, plus various interviews he's given, lead me to think he's not all that.
He comes across as one of those 'I went to Cambridge and therefore I am superior to all you scum'. Didn't he used to get some of his QI info through his earpiece to sound like he knew it all?

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.