Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Someone was mentioning Jerry Hall earlier. She has had an interesting life to say the least!! She was with her twin sister Terry, sunbathing in St.Tropez when she got “Discovered”, and subsequently moved to Paris, where she shared an apartment with Grace Jones, and Jessica Lange.
In 1975, she was earning in excess of £1,000 per day, and she was also a “Muse” for several artists, including Andy Warhol and Lucian Freud.
Jerry got engaged to Bryan Ferry in 1975, and that was after she appeared on the cover of the Roxy Music album “Sirens”. Legend has it, that Mick was at a dinner party with Bryan Ferry and Jerry, and said to her “You can’t marry him, you’re name s ercbe Jerry Ferry, your coming home with me!!!”
Poor Jerry, she thought that once she had the kids, that Mick would curb his womanising ways, but even though they had a “Marriage” ceremony in Bali, the High Court in London, declared the marriage null and void.... Mick was seeing the supermodel Carla Bruni, who dumped Eric Clapton to be with him, and apparently she used to phone Mick at home, and Jerry picked up-and had a screaming row with her.
Mick also had an affair with the model Sophie Dahl, whose mother used to allow Gary Glitter to stay with her family when her kids were smal...
And Sophie was introduced to Mick, by his daughter, Elizabeth, who used to model with her.
Sophie is now married to the singer Jamie Cullen, and they have 2 daughters. She is now a writer, and has had several cookery books published.
So, Mick is still doing what he usually does, which is “Dating” several women at once. Melanie Hanrick mother time his young son Devereaux Octavian, and Noor Alfallah, who is 50 years his junior!! and Masha Rudenko (yet another model). Mick is said to have slept with over 4,000 women, but I suspect the real number is probably nearer 50,000!!!! 😬😱

There was a rumour about one of MJs doctors being the father too
Yeah, I remember hearing that. I don’t think we will ever know for sure who the real father is, but my money is on Mark Lester..

• Wow
Reactions: 15

April Ludgate

The Turner family have certainly produced more than their share of gossip. I know that Anthea’s sister, Wendy, had gone bankrupt a while back (she has featured in more than one personal finance book as a cautionary tale: in one she talks about flying first class, drinking champagne and ‘going gloriously bankrupt’), but I read up on the back story and it’s barmy.

So Wendy Turner gets a few presenting jobs in the 1990s, probably from working Anthea’s and Peter Powell’s connections, Pet Rescue and a short-lived game show with Anthea I think, and makes pretty good money, as seemed to be common at the time (I don’t know whether it’s true, but I have heard several former TV presenters complain that there isn’t as much money in TV jobs as there used to be. Maybe they just mean for themselves, because they were only getting offered the crap jobs, or none at all).

She gets married to an actor called Gary Webster who played Arthur Daley’s new sidekick in Minder for a few years, until the show was cancelled. They live like royalty, imagining that the cash will keep rolling in forever. It doesn’t. Their shows are both cancelled. He gets a couple of years’ work on a daytime soap, and some bit parts in The Bill and Eastenders, but they don’t pay big money. They don’t bother putting any money aside for tax. You know what’s going to happen, don’t you? They go bankrupt, owing HMRC £25k (him) and £100k (her).

Do they scale down their lifestyle? Do they hell. They send their sons to a private school, at a cost of £35k a year. They also lived in an expensive rented house in London. She wasn’t working much, so how did they afford their lifestyle? Answer: they borrowed £150k from friends and family, which they haven’t paid back. What were they thinking???

it gets weirder. Gary Webster has two goes at private enterprise. First, he tries to set up finance for a film that he’d be directing. He claimed to have commitments from investors to put £15 million into his film and borrowed a mint of money from banks on the strength of it. Neither the £15m nor the film ever materialised.

Next, and this is where it starts getting really barmy, he decides to turn himself into a pound shop Alan Sugar/humanitarian (the type of “humanitarian” who personally benefits from their endeavours; we’ve seen a few of them recently). He announces that he’s a ‘consultant’ in a project to bring together a ‘global aviation company’ with the government of a West African country (unspecified) to supply an air ambulance.

Eh??? If you were a government and/or a proper aviation business, why would you think, “I know what we need to get this project off the ground. A washed up bankrupt actor who used to be in Minder. Yes, that is exactly who we need.”

The project went ahead all right. Without Webster, who claimed that he should have made £1.4 million out of it. Why would an African government pay him £1.4 million? Why would an aviation business give him £1.4 million of their margin? What value could somebody like him possibly add to such a project?

The Turner-Websters continued to spend £35k a year on private schools but couldn’t afford their rented house any more so lived in Travelodges with their sons, occasionally sleeping in their car. WTF???

Apparently Wendy and Anthea aren’t speaking because Wendy borrowed so much money from Anthea and can’t/won’t pay it back. I can imagine how Anthea would be annoyed if Wendy was continuing to spaff £35k a year on private schools instead of paying her back, particularly since Anthea and Grant Bovey appear to have jointly gone bankrupt before splitting up.

Thank you, Turner sisters, for your outstanding contribution to gossip. You and your husbands.

I worked in Bridalwear for years. The first shop I worked at (Virgin Bride- owned by RB) made Wendy Turner's wedding dress because she was a vegan and wouldn't wear any real silk fabric. Being vegan was quite unusual at the time. She insisted that it look like real silk, so alterations department had to make it from this awful fake raw silk that is usually used for upholstery. It was a horrible lilac colour, with a weird flouncy train and had diamantès all over the bodice. TACKY AF.

• Haha
  • Heart

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
Oh, Amanda has a type - every one she has dated has been a co-star. Her husband Thomas Sadoski was married when they met, but in interviews since she says he was in a 'bad relationship'. Bet that was news to his wife of 8 years.

• Sad

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Oh I was wondering what the gag was on the Windsor's where Jack was a tequila shots guy!
Jack Brooksbank is married to Eugenie, not Beatrice. Do none of you remember the wedding? This is Royal Family 101 stuff!

Beatrice is engaged to an Italian count or prince or something (who is probably also a ‘property developer’ or ‘business man’). They were supposed to get married this year but Andrew’s interview followed by Coronavirus have knocked that on the head, and I’ve seen rumours that the engagement may quietly end in any case.

• Heart

Won’t you have a cup

Nooo!!! I’m going to try and find it!! The whole David Van Day Vs Bobby Gee is hilarious 🤣 😂😂
And I love the way you called them “entity” HaHaHaHa !!!
Yeah, excellent use of ‘entity’!

I remember Reborn in the USA well. It was one of those ‘try to tear your eyes away from the horror but can’t quite’ programmes. Apart from the Sonia v Dollar spat (in which, if I remember correctly, she called him ‘Burger van Day’: harsh) there was much, much more:

- the bloke who used to be the singer in Then Jericho (Mark Shaw maybe?) having a massive diva strop and storming out in the first episode.

- Dollar deciding that they were not going to play any of their hits. No, they were going to be a sort of jazz cabaret act. Predictably disastrous.

- Elkie Brooks somehow being involved and wearing a permanent ‘what the fuck have I done’ expression.

- Gina G and the singer from Go West clearly being asked by the producers to have a fake romance to add a bit of intrigue.

- Tony Hadley having morphed from handsome debonair besuited Spandau Ballet singer to something much less attractive, showing that he cannot be trusted to dress himself. He still had a cracking voice though and deservedly won.

- it later emerged that the producers had to lure members of the public into the theatres where each week’s contes5 took place by offering free drinks, which explained why the audience always looked pissed. Good job they didn’t do a show in Salt Lake City!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Yes, you are right. Was it white chocolate, I’m guessing by the name it was. That pretty much finished her tv career didn’t it.,
I loved those snow flake bars!! Why do Cadbury’s etc stop these bars?? I wish they would bring back Cabana Bars, Texan Bars, Fry’s 5 flavours, and I used to be obsessed with Milky Way’s, until they changed the fucking recipe!!! I still love Kinder Eggs...😍

• Heart

darkcherry14k

What are your thoughts on the whole new crop of so called “Supermodels” who are basically just the children of Celebs/Ex-Models? Because, Kaia is a pretty girl, but is she as beautiful as Cindy in her prime? No, I don’t think she is, and I also doubt whether Kendall Jenner/Hailey Baldwin/Sophia Ritchie etc would even have a modelling career if it wasn’t for the famous parents. In my opinion, the most beautiful supermodel was Christy Turlington, and these current girls, while undeniably cute, are not in the same league as Christy/Helena/Linda etc
Just for reference this is the quote I replied to in regards to Naomi Campbell, nothing to do with them as people purely on there draw as 'supermodels' and then everyone felt the need to double down on me about how much if a cunt she is, even though that wasnt part of the original conversation and actually this quote from above was following on from talk about how Cindy Crawford and her husband and a possible dark side I didnt see the need for all the anger about Naomi fucking Campbell like no one is allowed to have their own opinion about her! like seriously you dont like her, you think she's a cunt! Thats your opinion but you dont get to keep pushing it upon me like im wrong for stating I think she's the ultimate supermodel! And yes a raging coke problem and a bad attitude with people blowing smoke up your ass will lead to court cases for bullying your PA or whoever it was, but I personally think in the last few years she's finally grew up and sorted herself out, but that's MY opinion and im entitled to it.

You know people come on here to switch off and have abit of escapism not to come on here and be jumped on like a school playground, some people might be having a shit day and want to indulge in abit of chit and gossip, not come on here and be spoken to like they're stupid!!!

• Heart

Won’t you have a cup

I’m a bit conflicted on the ‘Anthea Turner as a victim of domestic violence at the hands of Bruno Brookes’ thing.

She comes across as one of those people who would say or do anything for public approval or sympathy. Which makes me less likely to believe her unquestioningly.

The Snowflake photos at her wedding to Grant Bovey, for example. Not for one second do I believe that they were duped into promoting a chocolate bar. Who, at their wedding reception, poses for a photo simultaneously eating a new chocolate bar and gurning for the camera? unless they were being paid, which I have no doubt that they were. Why pretend they were tricked into it? They should have just owned it.

I occasionally watch the BBC4 repeats of TOTP. It’s 1989 at present, and both Anthea and Bruno Brookes regularly pop up as presenters. I am incredulous every time that either of them would ever have been given a job presenting a programme with aspirations to coolness. Both of them are an embarrassment. Anthea Turner, at that time, would do anything to be on the telly, even if it involved making a show of herself. One Christmas day she was on telly dressed as a leprechaun and dancing on her own to Status Quo. I was aghast. I turned 18 in 1989 and she, Bruno Brookes and all they represented were so far from anything I aspired to or found appealing that it was laughable.

So it was with some surprise that I saw Anthea Turner pop up as a highly-paid presenter on GMTV, but it was an endless daily source of humour before I left for work. It was obvious that she and Eamonn Holmes LOATHED each other.

Anthea appeared to hate all the other presenters as well. I once watched her being really awful to Julia Bradbury, who now presents countryside and walking programmes and is a good presenter. At that time Julia was the GMTV showbiz correspondent. One morning she was doing an outside broadcast from the Viper Room in LA - think it must have been the first or second anniversary of River Phoenix’s death or something. Anyway Anthea interrupted Julia with some random question and said something like, “I think you need to come back and talk to us when you know more facts, don’t you?”, accompanied by this awful fake sickly smile of triumph. I really felt for Julia Bradbury but she managed to just about keep her countenance. Even people on the train to work were talking about how horrible Anthea Turner had been that morning!

Re the Grant Bovey thing: that, too, was hilarious. One of the newspapers printed extracts from Anthea’s autobiography when it was released: she was still married to Bovey then and was in full self-justification mode. Whilst she had been friends with Della Bovey, she felt justified in getting off with her husband because she, Anthea, was the victim of an unhappy marriage. Reading between the lines, she had been giving Grant Bovey the ‘poor little me’ act, and she called him from a hotel she was staying in for work to moan about how unhappy she was. He said that he’d come over to see her - they had not yet consummated their great love - and what do you think was her biggest worry? Cheating on her husband? Betraying her friend? Not a bit of it! No, she was most concerned that she was wearing her ‘comfy Hanro knickers’. Because she couldn’t be all sexy for their first night together. Making sure to drop in that her knickers were from an expensive Swiss brand, naturally! No M&S for Anthea.

(The autobiography was not a big seller, despite these details)

Hilariously, after Grant left Della, she wrong-footed him completely. Instead of weeping for her lost love, she got her hair done, got her glad rags on and went dancing with her mates. She also put a sign up in the garden saying that she’d lost a dog and a husband and that there was a reward for the dog. Go Della. Grant slunk back to her before she threw him out again a few months later and he returned to Anthea.

Flake-gate swiftly followed (the headline on the tabloids that day, accompanying the ‘scoffing chocolate at the wedding reception’ picture, was ‘sickener’). Her TV career fell flat on its arse. It was around this time that she made the allegations against Bruno Brookes. She also posed naked with a snake for Tatler and went on celebrity Big Brother.

She made a second bid for fame maybe ten years ago, trying to show us all how to be a ‘perfect housewife’. Bloody hell, Anthea, just accept that your TV career is over!I don’t know what she is doing now but I predict desperate podcasting.

• Heart

SilentSue

They were promoted as three friends from London who started a girl group, but actually Siobhan and Mutya got signed as solo artists first and then were put into a group with Mutya’s friend Keisha (who went along to one of Mutya’s recording sessions) by management, who also managed All Saints at the time.

Siobhan was bullied so badly by the other two (apparently they had their own “language” that they’d speak to each other that Siobhan didn’t understand) that while they were in Japan doing press, she walked out, managed to get to the airport and book a plane ticket home despite not speaking the language and didn’t speak to either of them for years. There were rumours at the time that she’d excused herself to go to the toilet and climbed out of the window, never to return, although she’s denied that’s how it happened since.
This is exactly the gossip I was hoping for!

• Heart

WallacesDog

Never done this before.
Thank Gary Barlow I don't have to work out 'most liked' title either!
As you were, kiddiwinks!
Just no Covid chat here if you dong mind!
Good, harmless, gossip secret or not for us to distract ourselves with 🙌🏻
mon your marks, get set....

• Haha

SilentSue

Does anyone remember Rhys Ifans? He was Spike in Notting Hill, and was a part of Kate Moss’s set.
So, having not heard much about him recently, I decided to do a bit of digging. And, it’s not good...
Rhys is an actor, producer and musician. And in 2006 to 2008 was in the band The Super Furry Animals, he also sang with a band called Peth, which featured his old band mate from SFA, Dafydd Ieuan. In 2009, Peth actually supported Oasis at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, and in 2005, Rhys made a guest appearance in the Oasis video for “The Importance of being idle”, so far so good..
In 2008, Rhys Ifans, was interviewed for Q Radio, the interview went out live, and Rhys was asked to comment on a track by a band called The Gutter Twins, he expressed his enthusiasm by saying “Its Kind Of Like Being Date Raped-Which I Like”...
He was asked to issue a public apology to the thousands of victims of drug related sex crimes, but he never did. Also, Rhys was attending a charity concert, that was raising money for children who have been victims of prostitution, and sex trafficking, when he said - to the utter revulsion of the guests, “Why is Pedophillia so popular?” And then answered his own question by saying “Because Kids Are So Fucking Sexy”....
Again, he never apologised. But even if he did, I doubt that someone who is capable of making such vile and disgusting remarks, would ever be sorry...
What an absolutely vile vile man (sorry- CUNT!!)
We've been talking about Rhys over on the Primrose Hill thread. The consensus seems to be that he's a wrong 'un :cry:

• Wow
Catherine ZJ had something written into the pre-nup that she got $1,000,000 every time he strayed. Back when $1,000,000 was a lot of money. They openly talked about it before they married.

I remember they took part in a celeb golf tournament and after his game Michael was being interviewed by a young, attractive reporter. He had that glint in his eye but clearly nothing was going to happen on the telly. Catherine kept putting her hands on his face and forcibly turning his head towards her while he was still being interviewed. It was batshit. Catherine should work on her own self esteem.

...and perhaps ditch the OAP with the Over Active Penis.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
My 'lame to fame' (apart from once having had a drink with the guy who walked Roy Keane dog for him) was that I was once on plane to New Zealand with Bryan Ferry. Believe it or not when we got over Turkey(or something), the captain announced that the toilet were malfunctioning and we(e) had to hold it in until we got to Hong Kong, as there was a possibility they would explode if more pressure was exerted. I was imagining the headlines 'Bryan Ferry killed by exploding shit'.
How the hell did you manage from Turkey to Hong Kong without being able to go to the loo?? That must have been HOURS?!! But it’s still not as bad as those people who went to the beach last week and shit in carrier bags...🤢😬

• Haha
  • Sick

Big Red Dog

Chatty Member
What’s people’s opinion on Micheal Jackson ? Apparently his Neverland mansion is crumbling this article describes him as a monster, I know he has die hard fans because no one made music quite like him but I’m 100% he was a kiddie fiddler.

• Sad
  • Heart

thatstupidcat

Porn star Ron Jeremy has been in the news after being charged with rape that’s really awful but if this latest one is proved he’s pretty much fucked apparently there’s a video of him having sex with a 87 year old woman who seems confused and uncomfortable good and indeed grief.
He has been getting away with brutalising women for decades.

There was a documentary back in the noughties by a female porn star whose name escapes me, but not her exploits (“world’s biggest gangbang”) and in it, it showed footage of him refusing to give a female journalist an interview unless she sucked him off first.

He is utter garbage.

• Angry
  • Wow