Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Won’t you have a cup

Quick reminder from the BB thread: despite their claims to be massively successful post fame, companies house shows he sells coffee off a trading estate in Liverpool and her claim to have sold her drama academy for “millions” shows it was actually struck off last year and never made more than 10k in any calendar year
Apparently her mum has a bit of cash and has subsidised them for years
Your detective work is bloody great. Hats off.

Why would they think that anyone falls for this nonsense about them being business tycoons?

One of the things I do for a living is work out the enterprise value of corporate entities. I should be doing it now instead of p*ss*ng about on this site. That includes assessing the value of acquisition intangibles (basically, what intellectual property and customer relationships an entity has that makes it worth paying more for than the balance sheet value) to get to a reasonable arms’ length valuation before an acquisition takes place.

No way is some ‘dance and drama academy’ outfit going to sell for loads. Anyone could set one up; they are ten a penny. You’d get a decent (but not massive) value if it were a national franchise like Stagecoach, because then you have a trademark and a degree of customer loyalty, but her little business ‘sold for millions’? In a pig’s ear.

I advised a friend informally a couple of years ago on something similar. She taught dance and drama in one such ‘academy’. The owner wanted to retire and asked my friend to pay £50k for the business. My advice was swerve the deal and set up on your own: the pupils paid by the week, so no guaranteed revenue stream, and no fixed assets beyond a load of old costumes. She would have been paying £50k for some pretty ropy goodwill that would have been impaired after the first year. Little one man (or woman) band businesses like that have no intrinsic value.

I imagine that they have their beady little eyes on a future as influencers. A whole new angle: entrepreneurs with the happiest family in Britain. Dream on.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
While Boris Johnson is at this moment speaking about opening up the economy, and the loosening of lockdown, I have spoken to a friend who lives in the US, and I have been warned about a mutation of the Covid-19 virus, basically, there have been reports from The Scripps Research Center in Florida, by a senior virologist called Dr Hyeryun Choe, who has written a paper, saying that the “new” strain, which has been reported in Beijing, has 3 sets of viral mutations, which are being called D614G. This mutation makes the virus, significantly more easily spread, and much more deadly than the original Covid-19. I have not heard anything about this from the British press, but, it’s worth getting as much knowledge about this new development as possible. It’s also worth noting, that Beijing has not shut its airports..
The second wave of Spanish flu killed more people than the first due to a mutation that made the immune system of healthy young people go haywire, so I’m unsurprised to hear this. In fact I almost expected it.

Our government dont give a shit about us, remember that.

• Sad
  • Wow

Cher_horowitz

Anyone remember him humiliating the poor model by making remarks about herlady bits in a bikini

I’m not having Rylans good name besmirched!
He seems lovely, and he’s really funny when he’s on Gogglbox with his mum
I know someone who works with Rylan fairly regularly. Says he’s a really lovely guy and super easy to work with :)

• Heart

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I used to work in an independent bookshop in Edinburgh, and we would regularly host evenings when authors came along to talk about and promote their latest books. During the festival we got some quite big names and one or two seemed a bit horrified that it was literally 30 stacking chairs in a crumbly old room, with no refreshments. Oz Clarke, the wine guy, turned up totally hammered and rambled on about football all night to the bafflement of the audience. Kate Atkinson upset my lovely boss ...but I never found out why. Magnus Magnusson was warm and charming and genuinely delighted to be there, especially when he saw our window display which consisted of a black leather chair piled high with his book. Ian Rankin is a total joy....not a whiff of "celeb" about him. I was also in a terrible indie band in the late 80s, and we went on tour supporting Primal Scream....in their very early days. I hate to say it, but Bobbie Gillespie was a bit of a nob.... wouldn't share their rider and constantly on the look out for the ladies. My "gossip" seems very benign.....!!

• Heart

Handerton

Chatty Member
Re Jimmy Savile: I would like to know whether the tons of people weeping at his funeral, filing past his gold coffin and lining the route of the funeral procession now admit to having done so.
I’d like to know if any of the presumably hundreds of doctors, nurses and hospital administrators who let him abuse children under their care have any guilt over what they let happen for decades

• Angry

Reverend

VIP Member
You’ve got to be a cold bastard not to take an interest in your kid though, however conniving the mother is
My ex has two of those. One of them told her that he was desperate to be a father, and they had a house etc. all sorted. When she was 6 months he decided he didn't want to be a dad after all, and walked out on her. He completely cut off all contact, no phone, email etc at all. When she gave birth to the baby, she phoned the grandparents who said 'We are not interested' and put the phone down on her. They have never sent any cards or presents to the girl (who is delightful). Bunch of arseholes, the lot of them!

• Angry
  • Sad

Cocobean

VIP Member
Gemma Atkinson - anyone else follow her and Gorma Marquez and notice how they’re constantly advertising and being gifted items yet either don’t mark as #ad or if they do it’s in teeny tiny font size. Also hardly ever mark as #gifted #affiliate I like them both but this size of them is really getting on my wick. Need to be a lot more transparent. How do you report them for this?
If you think they're bad... the worst person I've seen for doing this and being very sly about it is Mrs Hinch. The majority of things in her house are gifted. I think at last count it was over £50k worth of stuff.
But she's become quite clever at it now. Just casually mentions she is thinking of getting/seen something and low and behold Beggy Mitchell of Giftcliffe Manor has it on her stories within days.

• Wow
Reactions: 24

Doobots

Chatty Member
OMG, yes, the annual Emma Forbes in Barbados pics!
I worked on a shoot in her apartment in Chelsea. Her husband is some sort of banker and their place was amazing. The best house I've ever been in. You took the lift to their place and it opened into their hallway. They had a Tracy Emin light installation in the kitchen, and a Damien Hirst butterfly painting in the living area. Her bedroom had the most springy, amazing carpet, I've ever stood on. There was a housekeeper / maid tidying up after us too.

Emma was very nice and professional. Her family popped through where we were and were also very pleasant.

• Wow
  • Heart

Handerton

Chatty Member
They definitely need copy too now theyve turned themselves into a celeb gossip site. There are about 3 people I've heard of on there on any day. Normally there are repeated stories about people I've never heard of. ( Ive resisted the temptation to show everyone how stupid and bored I am by clicking on a story and commenting 'who?')
Reportedly the last overhaul two years ago they switched to this model:

Staff in the office make celeb stories solely from instagram and Twitter, reusing previous text to bulk the article out when possible (hence every Rhian Sugden article repeating her texts with Vernon every time)

Famous people can have articles moderated for £3-6000 a time, removing any negative comments (a system which doesn’t always work - anyone seen the occasional Rio article which early doors has a load of abuse on it?)

Minorly famous people can write and submit their own puff pieces, printed for £1-3000 and moderated for £3-6000 as before. Mark Wright seems to love these, editorials telling everyone he’s a multi millionaire and a big tv star in America

And then I think there’s a tier of inbetweens like Emma Forbes who hasn’t been famous for decades but likes a story saying how wonderful her life is now and again - friends of the publisher types who probably get stories in for free

• Wow
  • Sad

LittleMissH

Sorry to but in with a different subject but what is up with Laurence fox he seems quite an angry soul lately!
Having a pop at the Harry potter actors today
I saw a tweet not long ago that said “after billie piper divorces someone I should never have to hear about them ever again” and it hit the nail on the head with how I feel about him

• Haha

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
I didn't use to rate Prince much (sorry 😣) until I watched that YT vid of him at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert for George Harrison. Omg. It is Prince, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty and George's son Dhani playing While my Guitar Gently Weeps.
It is sublime. All quite normal until about half way when Prince comes in and is extraordinary. Apparently he didn't turn up for rehearsals so the others had no idea what was coming hence the look on their faces - he was just 'oh don't worry it'll be fine'. The previous day there had been a list in Rolling Stone of 100 greatest guitarists and he wasn't mentioned - so this was a massive FU to them.
The way he throws his guitar in the air and it doesn't land, the way he struts off at the end 💅 Just sublime. Definitely watch if you haven't seen it.

(There were rumours Dhani Harrison was annoyed as it took attention from his dad - if so that is sad as the look on his face when watching Prince does seem joyful).
That is one of my favourite videos ever! I literally cried happy tears watching it. It;s phenomenal. Do yourselves a favour...

Jump straight to 3m 30 - you won't regret it, I promise.

I like Laurence Fox... sorry but I do. I dont agree with some of the stuff he rants on about but there is something I like about him...🤷‍♀️😂😂 no idea what is wrong with me. Maybe I need pretend therapy from The Speakmans 😂
I feel exactly the same! Maybe because I loved him as "Pam" in Victoria!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow

Cacacoisfarraige

Chatty Member
I cannot listen to Rylan Clark. He sounds like his teeth are two big for his mouth and he’s trying to stop them falling out. He’s also incredibly dumb. Everything out of his mouth is inane drivel. And he’s even more orange than Donald Trump.

• Sad
  • Haha

ScrambledEggs

VIP Member
Coleen was clever when she said RV account ( & not just RV).
The Sun had a secret wag and most wags knew it was RV giving away secrets & gossip.

I really hope it's not settled out of court

#teamColeen

• Heart

maytoseptember

VIP Member
I’m VERY interested to see what comes of this Rebecca Vardy/Colleen Rooney libel case. Does Vardy have a leg to stand on? Colleen seemed to be very careful when she said it was Vardy’s account, not necessarily Vardy herself.

I bet Colleen has all her receipts too.

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
Do you remember the interview Debbie McGee did with Mrs Merton ( the late great Caroline Aherne)...

'So what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels ? ' 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

FlabbyWoofWoof

Speaking of Prince, has anyone got any ☕? I love him but do feel a bit uneasy about how he took Mayte under his wing as a 16 year old, took over her guardianship and then told her to start birth control so he could start having sex with her. And during their relationship he would dock her pay if he caught her eating unhealthy foods etc.

mayte’s book is really fascinating.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23