Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kaye1976

I worked in a solicitors office in London in 2000 and I came across a file of a lady being threatened by Sony music to silence her and her young child as the father was none other then George Michael.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 47

Nelly

Well here it goes, I was at a party, this was in 2004/5.

Upstairs was where the swingers went.

Kevin Rowland who was on his own, walked in, he went straight upstairs to watch what was going on, when he came down, some time later, my other half was speaking to him, he said he liked to watch couples shagging, he also liked to watch his girlfriend getting shagged by someone else, that he never got involved in the action, just enjoyed watching it.

He had a beret and cravat on, just looked scruffy and needed a good scrub.

He left not long after chatting.

I don’t know if he played with his Percy as I never went upstairs.

I just asked my hubby where this was, the pair of us cannot remember, all we can remember it was a massive house and was near the south coast.

I am a bit nervous of putting this out there, but it was a few good years ago, so I’ll go for it and press the button.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
A bit more on ex-Eastenders cast.
Patsy Palmer’s real name is Julie Harris, she comes from the Bethnal Green area, and used to work in my hubby’s uncles Video Rental shop in the 80’s, she was apparently lovely, but her mum was a horror, used to come in the shop and have full blown rows with Julie. Hubby’s uncle had to sack her in the end, and her mum owed money on a video she took out and never paid it!! Julie moved to an expensive estate called Repton Park, when she was in Eastenders, but now lives in Malibu, and funny enough- her on screen mother Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson) is married to Julie’s older brother!!
A few years ago, me and hubby were house hunting, and went to view a beautiful house in Great Easton. The house was empty- and looked like no one had lived in there for years. Anyway, even though it was everything we were looking for, I had this horrible sense of foreboding, like a feeling I couldn’t shake. I told my mum about the house, and after doing a bit of research, it turned out that the house had been owned by Mike Reid (Frank Butcher). And I had been right about my gut feeling, because, in 1986, Mike’s son, Mark, had accidentally shot his best friend in the garden, using one of Mike’s guns. And because Mark couldn’t get over what had happened, he set himself on fire, and died in 1990. We never bought the house.
Another thing about Mike Reid, was that he used to be Roger Moore’s stunt double in the Saint, but he got sacked after taking the piss out of Roger’s thinning hair!! Sid Owens used to be good friends with Nick Berry, and I used to see him all the time where I live. And, he brought out a cookbook, can’t remember its name, but it had loads of pictures of my local shops, and lots of pictures of Sid cooking at Nick Berry’s house. I think that Sid bought a French chateau, with the idea of turning it into a restaurant/hotel. Not sure what he’s doing now, as this was years ago.

• Heart
  • Wow

Handerton

Chatty Member
Speaking of Tom cruise and the wife auditions, I remember when he was single, after Penelope Cruz but before Katie Holmes, he appeared on Parkinson chat show and Dame Kelly Holmes was on there too. He seemed totally dazzled by her, couldn’t stop staring, and was really focused on her, it felt really personal to watch. I think he announced being with Katie shortly afterwards and I couldn’t help thinking he’d been told her name by staff or Scio people at some point as a possible, and that when he was on the show with Kelly he got confused and thought SHE was the potential new wife!
Thank god Eamonn Holmes wasn’t on it that week then

• Haha
  • Heart

Ginger_roots

Sorry to but in with a different subject but what is up with Laurence fox he seems quite an angry soul lately!
Having a pop at the Harry potter actors today
I like Lozza. Way before all of this latest stuff he spoke candidly about the devastation he felt after his split from Billie and then financial implications too. It's unusual to have a man in showbiz to speak so openly, Lord knows, women are always doing it. With regards to all the recent stuff I think he really believes and wants to be able to have his say which is his right, people have really gone in on him and his family though which I would never condone. I think his mental health has really suffered. I don't agree with everything he says but I do like him as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 44

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
Between my degree and postgrad I worked in a West End theatre running the foyer bar. We had many celebs come in to see the show, some were lovely, some were insufferable (cough Elenor Bron cough). But the loveliest of all were Paul and Debbie, and Steve Strange.
Showing my age now but I used to frequent Blitz nightclub in London. Met a few new romantics but always left before it got too crazy. Steve Strange was lovely, always let me and my friends jump the queue. He was really quiet when he wasnt ‘acting’. Dont ask my age! You are all probably 567 years younger than me and have no idea what Blitz was! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

Missmopps

VIP Member
I don’t agree with how he went about things. But equally, when he had supposedly made clear he didn’t want children and she said she was taking birth control... I can imagine it was a bit of a shock to him. Liz Hurley definitely planned it and assumed he’d fall in line and they’d play happy families. She abused his trust.

A lot of articles at the time did seem to insinuate that he was quite vocal and up front about not wanting kids. The “mothers” of his kids obviously felt differently. I bet if he was skint they wouldn’t have.

Men who feel like that should have vasectomies if they feel so strongly about not having children.

I remember working for Estée Lauder in the late 90s. The perfume “pleasures” was just out when Hugh Grant was famously arrested for kerb crawling, which was quite scandalous for the brand as Liz was their spokesmodel and for that fragrance launch. When she and Hugh inevitably split I remember her doing an interview in a magazine and being asked if she would like children. I distinctly remember her reply was something along the lines of “if I did have a child I’d want it to be a boy and for him to adore me and sit on my lap forever”

She certainly seems to have made that come true!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42

petitspois

VIP Member
why do I always miss a new thread! :ROFLMAO: the Timmy Mallett post reminded me of when used to work in a flash regional hotel years ago that had a long, straight driveway. He was staying the night. He was 'Timmy Mallett' the entire time and then, when he left, he stopped the car halfway down the drive, got out and malletted the car bonnet then got back in and drove away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

Bette21

I find it pretty funny that Laurence Fox has the gall to call the Harry Potter kids ‘spoiled millionaires’ considering the privilege and nepotism that got him anywhere in his career.

I think he’s a complete arse and just trying to do a Katie Hopkins half the time. I also find it funny that he claimed his record company wouldn’t let him be edgy and release a song about me too, when in fact he owns his own label and is his own boss.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39

RosieFrancesca

I was 2 and playing in the grounds of magdalen college, Oxford. Prince Charles was walking around the rose garden (With someone else, I don’t know who), my mum pointed him out and I went over to say hi, sang ‘I’m a little teapot’ and ran off! He was apparently very nice and polite to me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

Won’t you have a cup

I had forgotten about the Palmer Cutler ‘It...is’ stuff. The company was dissolved in 2010. No surprise: I remember it being launched and thinking, who’s going to buy that? It was quite ambitiously priced. Until it ended up in the discount shops.

It reminded me about Fran Cutler though. She really got on my nerves during the zenith of the Primrose Hill arses. Always clinging onto famous people, with the godforsaken Meg Mathews. She and Meg were ‘party planners’, cashing in on the fame of the Gallaghers to get work. I watched a documentary around that time about a London venue opening: quite an eye opener. They had managed to get a few celebs to show up (if you can call Lisa Scott Lee from Steps a celebrity) but what was notable was, this poor girl working on the door and checking the guest list got a public bollocking from Fran Cutler, the party organiser, for not letting in some people who were not on the list but were, unknown to her, mates of Fran Cutler. I felt really sorry for her. Fran Cutler shrieked, “I can’t believe she wouldn’t let you in darlin’! I’ll sort ‘er aaahhhht!”. Pure class. Imagine working for her.

Fran Cutler subsequently became pregnant by a bloke who didn’t want to know, and called the kid Mercy Magic. Christ. It was around this time that Meg Mathews’ marriage to Noel Gallagher broke down, and he had some pretty choice insults to throw at them. I remember him saying something like, “everyone in London hates them”. I suspect that ol’ Fran had something to do with Meg’s continued fondness for the nose candy.

Fran managed to cling on to Kate Moss as a friend for another few years before, if I remember correctly, Kate fell out with her. Reason: Fran sent a spiteful email to a third party slagging off Kate and attaching some photos that made Kate look a mess. But she sent them to Kate by mistake. Oops.

I suspect she is still trying to scratch a living on the periphery of the has beens. My money is on her retraining as a yoga instructor.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Won’t you have a cup

I just watched the 1989 Mandy Smith/Bill Wyman wedding video mentioned in the previous thread.

christ! Where to begin?

None of the guests having anything sincere to say (surprise)

Mandy’s massive headdress dwarfing her new husband.

Mandy looking as if she is already in the grip of an eating disorder (I never bought the ‘candida’ explanation; I recall reading an interview with Bill Wyman after the marriage broke down in which he complained that Mandy would never order anything in a restaurant but instead would eat a few scraps from his plate, which he didn’t like because he wanted his own dinner to himself, and that Mandy, Nicola and their mother were constantly having health treatments paid for by him. Nice.)

Paul Young’s wife showing up to the reception in not just a white outfit but a white glittery backless boob-flaunting jumpsuit! What???? You don’t wear white boob-flashing outfits to someone else’s wedding!! I think this must have been before she went off with Eddie Kidd, before returning to Paul Young. Paul Young’s outfit similarly unspeakable, Wedgwood blue suit with pink shirt, although the same could be said for most of the guests. 1989 not a fashion high point.

Spike Milligan patronising Wyman, with a middle aged woman on a black dress with a red and yellow collar ever-present in the shot, looking disapprovingly at both of them.

Charlie Watts and wife pasting on smiles but obviously thinking, what in God’s name are we doing here?

Kim Wilde accompanied by that bloke from Johnny Hates Jazz who she used to go out with.

The unfathomable presence of a clown whilst they are all being herded in for dinner. Clown looks as nonplussed as the rest of the guests.

WTF, WTF, WTF?????

• Haha
  • Wow

Norbs

VIP Member
Met Jimmy saville in the mid 80s at Broadmoor. My friend's dad was a nurse there and all the children were invited to a party there. He was handing out vouchers. Got strange vibes off him then,even without knowing anything about the rumours.

Used to see Rolf Harris all the time in town. Always very friendly.
Kids were invited to a party at Broadmoor? The facility for the criminally insane? I find that irresponsible beyond measure, even without factoring in Jimmy Saville.

• Wow
  • Haha

J0ey12

Years ago my best friend worked at a venue and Blue who were just getting on the scene at the time were doing a gig there and she said that Lee Ryan caused complete mayhem. He threw a massive diva fit over his outfit because he wanted Simons top, refused to do sound check until someone brought him a new rail of clothes to look through. They literally had staff running into town to source clothes for him. He also asked for certain girls to be brought backstage so he could meet them. With his penis probably.
Lee blocked me on Instagram because I questioned why he ate fish when he called himself a vegetarian. Then he did a post about me stating I'd been violent 🤔 it's my claim to fame.

• Haha
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Rebecca Vardy is nowt but social climbing scrubber with multiple children by different dads, who basically traded up in men until she hit the jackpot. A premier league footballer. She’s cold and dead eyed IMO. Not a nice person at all. I’m Team Colleen!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
pram addict
:ROFLMAO: I like to think I've pretty much heard it all, and then this comes along... Yes, Tash from Atomic Kitten. She used to be pretty but then plastinated herself.

I still haven't forgotten a programme about Atomic Kitten where Liz was being incredibly thick. Their manager then popped up and went 'don't worry abut Liz - she's very spiritual.' Good old Spiritual Liz.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Timmy Mallet has played the organ at the church my mum goes to a few times. She’s said he’s nice but not their best player...sorry Timmy if you’re reading.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

Handerton

Chatty Member
Sorry to but in with a different subject but what is up with Laurence fox he seems quite an angry soul lately!
Having a pop at the Harry potter actors today
Making money. He’s only ever been a jobbing actor really, and his ex skinted him out dragging him through family court because he dared to want to continue to see his children. He spoke at the time about how difficult it was, he was sole parent for a long time while she was out filming and partying, then as soon as they fell out he had to spend everything he had just to see his kids again. I think it gave him a new drive to do different things to build up his fighting fund. Ironically as soon as the case was settled she seems to have lost interest in their children yet again!

Still cannot believe she got away with the police turning up at her house to find the kids home alone while she was on a night out 🤬

• Wow
Reactions: 35
Back in the 90s I worked with a woman who, as a child, along with her siblings, had to attend parties that Jimmy Saville also went to. This was around Bolton area. She told me other names of notable people too but JS is the only one I remember. She didn’t give me details but said I’d never believe her if she told me what went on. Her brother committed suicide at 18 or 19. Her dad was a wrong ‘un but when he died she broke her heart.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 34