Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I have a vague recollection of Liz Hurley saying that her contraceptive pill failing because she was taking St Johns wort. I have no idea how or why this little nugget of information lodged in my brain.
Back to the gossip!! I seem to remember that when Liz was pregnant, she ended up staying with Elton John for quite some time. Elton took Liz shopping in St.Tropez, and there was a lady in this shop (boutique lol), and this lady was asking Liz how she was etc. Then Elton has an almighty strop, and actually said to this woman “I fucking hope you get cancer of the clit”... Charming of him, im sure you’ll agree.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
He died of a pulmonary oedema, confirmed by a post mortem and toxicology exams. Would you of suggested chemsex if he had been straight? I trust you'll self delete.

It was vile. She half heartedly apologised for the 'timing' of it but not what she said. She claimed most people agreed with her and she was the real victim.

Unfortunately she's still alive and employed (by the mail obviously).
Yes, I think most people here are absolutely appalled by the DM article about Stephen Gately, but that doesn’t give you the right to suggest that the poster is homophobic !! And what gives you the right to tell her to “delete”?? If you don’t like a post, you know the rules.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Flowergirl14

VIP Member
Any tea on Frank Lampard and Christine Bleakley?
I always liked Frank, until I heard about and saw that sex video he was in with Rio Ferdinand and Kieron Dyer in Cyprus.
They were using a wine bottle during a sex gang bang orgy. Disgusting!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 31

Dazzle123

Really? They don't have qualifications?!
What do they do apart from be on This Morning occasionally? 👽👽👽👽
I’m late to the party on this.
But here goes, when me and my Fiancé has been together a couple of months we went to a house party/bbq and the speakmans were also guests Mrs gets chatting to the fella about what he does n was like oh really and told Him stuff about me (just things with my childhood etc cos it had been quite turbulent)
And he proceeded to tell her that we wouldn’t last because I’d been brought up in an unloving envioronement so wouldn’t understand how live works and how relationships work and for her to run a mile.
Needless to say he’s a fucking fraud and were getting married next year after 5 very happy years together.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Been catching up on these threads been a bit late to the gossip. Absolutely love you guys bringing it.

Not strictly come dancing gossip but I was watching Christopher Walken in weapon of choice and he would be a great dancer/judge, soz he is my guilty pleasure even though he could be my grandad 😆😆.

My friends uni pal had the Gail Platt women open a shop for her years ago, she was a right cow, acting like she was some A-list star, wouldn't speak to anyone even though she was paid to open some shop.

I loved Alan Rickman, never met him which makes me sad as he always seemed wonderful. Hope there is no bad ☕ on him
Christopher Walken in that video is just so achingly cool.

Love Oti she's a great dancer and got a bubbly personality. However we know BBC love ticking as many PC boxes as possible when hiring.
But if shes a great dancer ( which she is) why is it not possible she was simply the best person for the job? She is clearly an excellent dancer and one of the best teachers on there. She is also the only black regular dancer on the show. Johannes is an incredible dancer but he hasn't had a partner. Why does he not tick a box? I'm.not having a go at you, lots of people say it about any ethnic minority person on TV automatically and it's not challenged but if they are good why is it not possible in a country with a 10-15% black and Asian population that 10-15% of them are good enough to be there on merit?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Like I said, I never warmed to her myself and she definitely thought she had it in the bag with Strictly, but I think some of the criticisms against her are a bit unwarranted when you put into context the battles she had behind the scenes.

I dunno. Maybe it’s because I’ve been told myself that I’m being ‘sassy’ while another colleague is being ‘passionate’ about the exact same thing and yet the only difference about the approach has been the way we look. You see it time and time again.
I have a black colleague who now dissolves into tears if she thinks she’s upset anyone because she’s so sick of being described as aggressive. She is so far from aggressive that it’s laughable, but it’s happens time and again.

• Sad

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
I feel really bad for Alexandra Burke. I never warmed to her either but listening to her experiences on the X Factor and Strictly this morning really made me empathise with her. Imagine being called a Diva because you didn’t want to do press the day your mother died!

I’m sure a lot of accounts about her are being a bit difficult are true, but I also am very inclined to believe that the likes of D*n W*oton enjoyed conspiring against her in the press. A lot of what she said resonated with me because I and a lot of friends have been told lots of similar things about image in the industry. US R&B acts get a lot of love here but UK ones don’t, ‘appeal’ is a big part of that.
I had read her mum died in the early hours of the morning and the launch show was later that day, which she attended. Fair enough. And if she didn’t want to speak to the press as part of that day and didn’t want to say her mum had died then Strictly should have dealt with that for her.

I think she came across badly on Strictly. I got the feeling she thought she was going to win before she even started and she couldn’t hide her disgust when the judges criticised her or when she was in the dance-off. I remember after one dance she said to him “well done babe” to Gorka which I thought was odd, given he’s a pro dancer.

And apparently when the line-up for last year’s Strictly was announced and Gorka didn’t get a partner, she put “Karma is a bitch” on Insta. From that I guessed she blamed him for her losing out to Joe McFadden. Maybe it’s easier to think that than acknowledge people weren’t voting for her.

And don’t even get me started on her saying on live TV that she brought the phrase “elephant in the room” to Britain 😂

I’m not a fan and I doubt I’m alone. I don’t read newspapers in print or online so I’m certainly not influenced by any publications and I doubt I’m alone with that either.

Last edited:
  • Haha

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
Aww Steve strange ♥

Would have loved to have gone to the blitz club. Did you ever meet Philip Sallon,Boy George, Marilyn or Leigh Bowery?
I met Boy George a few times, always friendly, I saw Marilyn around the place, hard to miss and I was fascinated as he was so beautiful. As for the others, I wasnt in the elite group, just a regular so probably came across them at some stage but there were so many gorgeous flamboyant people there it was great! It was a fantastic time to be a teenager, but as I say as soon as the drugs and orgies started at the end of the evening I was on the milk train home. I can see how it would have become easy to get involved in that scene and I was propositioned more times than I can count. Some inner self preservation must have kicked in. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
I met Gok Wan in G.A.Y - he'd been filming his TV show so for some reason decided to bring in about four rails of clothes with him. i'd had a few shandies and stupidly said 'hello! aren't you Gok Wan?' and held out my hand. He gave me a filthy look and said 'errr yes' and walked off 🙃
Anyone remember him humiliating the poor model by making remarks about herlady bits in a bikini
I cannot listen to Rylan Clark. He sounds like his teeth are two big for his mouth and he’s trying to stop them falling out. He’s also incredibly dumb. Everything out of his mouth is inane drivel. And he’s even more orange than Donald Trump.
I cannot listen to Rylan Clark. He sounds like his teeth are two big for his mouth and he’s trying to stop them falling out. He’s also incredibly dumb. Everything out of his mouth is inane drivel. And he’s even more orange than Donald Trump.
I’m not having Rylans good name besmirched!
He seems lovely, and he’s really funny when he’s on Gogglbox with his mum

• Haha

choccydigestive

Chatty Member
Meg Mathews has appointed herself spokeswoman for menopausal women (!!!) and appears to have spent most of her divorce settlement from Noel Gallagher so maybe she’s not so much fun any more.
I must admit to a soft spot for Meg. I used to work somewhere where she and Noel used to shop when she they were married. She was really striking to look at, constantly glowing and amazingly boho. Noel was a lot shorter than I thought he would be! I like the fact she campaigns on the menopause, it’s not the most glam of causes and she seems to really care about it and want to make it an open subject that’s the norm. And she’ll always be the reason for Wonderwall ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 29
My Granda was a cabbie and hated Gloria Hunniford. If she came on TV he’d switch it off.

He was an easy going man but Gloria apparently swore like a trouper in his cab and he disliked her for that. If she was mentioned he’d always say “she’s no lady”. He’s been gone many years now and I have a potty-mouth but I probably wouldn’t swear in his earshot if he was still with us.

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Very traditional

VIP Member
Claims that Cheryl is bookie's fav to replace Bruno as Strictly Judge... Oh fuck!! NO!!!!!
I only watch strictly occasionally but how can you go from an over the top huge personality like Bruno to boring Cheryl? She would be an awful choice, personally I’d rather they bring in someone ive never heard of but all the pro dancers knew and respected than a has been pop star

Reactions: 28

MollyMooo

Not exactly gossip but I read this amusing true story yesterday about England goal keeper Peter Shilton, who apparently takes himself incredibly seriously.
A few years ago he was goalkeeper/manager of a struggling team (I think Plymouth Argyle???) - anyway he was giving them a motivational talk to help stop them being relegated to the lower divisions.
He ended up with 'well if we work hard we can definitely come back - like a pheasant rising from the ashes'. Awkward silence, then one of the players says - 'Er I think you might mean phoenix'. To which Shilton irritably replies 'well I knew it began with an F'.
I remember an interview with Peter Crouch when he was asked what he would have been if he wasn't a premier league footballer, he said 'a virgin'

• Haha
  • Angry

lalalanded

VIP Member
[QUOTE="Gym&Tonic, post: 1645467, member: 58133"

Our government dont give a shit about us, remember that.
Not going all political as this isnt the thread for it but I dont necessarily totally agree with your statement. I just think any one is power has a terrible responsibility, damned if you do, damned if you dont. I know I wouldnt want to be Prime Minister especially at this time. 🤷‍♀️
[/QUOTE]
Boris Johnson would have killed his granny to be PM - he can bloody well own it now.

• Haha
  • Heart