Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I didn't use to rate Prince much (sorry 😣) until I watched that YT vid of him at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame concert for George Harrison. Omg. It is Prince, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty and George's son Dhani playing While my Guitar Gently Weeps.
It is sublime. All quite normal until about half way when Prince comes in and is extraordinary. Apparently he didn't turn up for rehearsals so the others had no idea what was coming hence the look on their faces - he was just 'oh don't worry it'll be fine'. The previous day there had been a list in Rolling Stone of 100 greatest guitarists and he wasn't mentioned - so this was a massive FU to them.
The way he throws his guitar in the air and it doesn't land, the way he struts off at the end 💅 Just sublime. Definitely watch if you haven't seen it.

(There were rumours Dhani Harrison was annoyed as it took attention from his dad - if so that is sad as the look on his face when watching Prince does seem joyful).

• Heart
Reactions: 23

shadyessex33

VIP Member
I used to work for Kurt Geiger the posh shoe shop when I was at college. Had a few celebs in. Jade Goody was always absolutely lovely. Pam St Clement was a complete arsehole. She has size 9 feet and would buy Patrick Cox Loafers.

• Haha
  • Heart

Hevs75

God I love this forum, I have literally cried with laughter at some of the comments, I've met a few famous people, Prince Charles, when he was opening up a museum way back in the 1980's, our school got invited and a few of us were chosen to go, our teacher told us to make 'royal headbands' so we did, with big ears attached, I'm sure he was anti royal as it was his suggestion, no one said anything and Prince Charles was very nice, asked us if we would be visiting the museum or would we be busy body popping and break dancing :unsure:. I also met Noel Gallagher who was really nice, my mate and I had been to a gig (not Oasis) but I had on my Oasis t-shirt this was back in the 90's at the height of their fame, we spotted his car which was a gold rolls royce, he was being driven, not sure he can drive, my mate stepped in front of it causing it to stop abruptly!, he asked his driver to pull over and he chatted away to us for 15 mins or so, said thanks for being fans as without us he wouldn't have a gold rolls royce, Meg Matthews was with him and she was smiling and asked us if we were ok. Oh and that same mate, a few years before, we were in the bar at our local football team (old division 1 before prem league) and our team had played Spurs, Gazza came out into the corridor to leave and my friend got his autograph (we were teenagers) and he stumbled back a little bit and stepped on her foot, which resulted in her having 3 broken toes, thanks Gazza :)

• Haha
  • Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
Reportedly the last overhaul two years ago they switched to this model:

Staff in the office make celeb stories solely from instagram and Twitter, reusing previous text to bulk the article out when possible (hence every Rhian Sugden article repeating her texts with Vernon every time)

Famous people can have articles moderated for £3-6000 a time, removing any negative comments (a system which doesn’t always work - anyone seen the occasional Rio article which early doors has a load of abuse on it?)

Minorly famous people can write and submit their own puff pieces, printed for £1-3000 and moderated for £3-6000 as before. Mark Wright seems to love these, editorials telling everyone he’s a multi millionaire and a big tv star in America

And then I think there’s a tier of inbetweens like Emma Forbes who hasn’t been famous for decades but likes a story saying how wonderful her life is now and again - friends of the publisher types who probably get stories in for free
OMG, yes, the annual Emma Forbes in Barbados pics!

• Haha
A very good friend used to know a few bands from the 80’s. Siouxsie Sioux was a nightmare, really rude, really obnoxious, but that could be because my friend slept with her, and was seeing her before getting dumped- he said he didn’t care (I think he did) however, he did say, that she was really pretty without makeup, but was so insecure about her looks, that she would spend hours getting ready, and never went out without her armour on.
After the Blitz, Steve Strange, Rusty Egan, Boy George etc were up the Camden Palace. Steve was lovely, fun, but could be a pain if he fancied you and you were straight (as my friend is). My friend also had Boy George follow him round like a lovesick puppy, and when my friend told him he was straight, Boy George replied that he only really fancied straight boys!! Also, there was a wild party my friend attended, and he met Prince, (wore tons of makeup, but very sweet). Chrissie Hynde was stunning in person, and very sexy, and had a stare off with my friend- she won apparently!!

• Heart

NikkiDeeW

Chatty Member
Oh no why was Japan a disappointment? David Sylvian was beautiful 😍
So I adored David Sylvian, the most beautiful man. I was in a club and the whole band came in. The DJ put Life in Tokyo on and he and Mick took to the dance floor and mimed the words (being serious). I then actually danced with David (the excitement!) but up close he was incredibly thin and his face was caked in make up. He had a really hooky nose and did that stupid slow dance where they put one arm around your waist but leave the other hanging down all cool like 😂. Im afraid they were so far up themselves they needed a ladder to climb back down. My heart broke a little bit that night.

• Haha
  • Heart

Doodlebug005

VIP Member
Or even, dare I say it, Anton du Beke. I agree that he wasn’t right for head judge when Len left, but he’d be a great replacement for Bruno.
I love Anton! Such a gent ! And he knows his stuff unlike Cheryl who couldn't tell Paso Doble from Pass the parcel 😜

• Haha

Hailes

Years ago my best friend worked at a venue and Blue who were just getting on the scene at the time were doing a gig there and she said that Lee Ryan caused complete mayhem. He threw a massive diva fit over his outfit because he wanted Simons top, refused to do sound check until someone brought him a new rail of clothes to look through. They literally had staff running into town to source clothes for him. He also asked for certain girls to be brought backstage so he could meet them. With his penis probably.

• Haha
  • Wow

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I find it pretty funny that Laurence Fox has the gall to call the Harry Potter kids ‘spoiled millionaires’ considering the privilege and nepotism that got him anywhere in his career.

I think he’s a complete arse and just trying to do a Katie Hopkins half the time. I also find it funny that he claimed his record company wouldn’t let him be edgy and release a song about me too, when in fact he owns his own label and is his own boss.
It's like 'oh I'm.being silenced' when I've heard his whining voice more in the last few mo this than ever before. What a twat.

• Haha

VIP Member
Claims that Cheryl is bookie's fav to replace Bruno as Strictly Judge... Oh fuck!! NO!!!!!

• Angry
  • Wow
He said some pretty dodgy stuff about how many “groupies” - yes really, he’d slept with. Also that when he discovered one was underage he made her get out of the car out in the country at night!
He was congratulating himself for being so clever.
He left his wife with three boys, when the youngest was a month old, and complained that she “wanted something for nothing” I.e child support
When he was riding around in his roller his abandoned wife was doing two jobs according to one of his sons.

Someone please tell me about Keith Chegwin!
Cannot stand Paul Daniels. But, the Louis Theroux programme about him was funny- Debbie was flirting with Louis, and Paul just came across as a total weirdo and creep. He also had a private numberplate which was MAG1C. Fucking little twat 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Set in a Nazi concentration camp but still a comedy!
Nasty.
I saw a documentary once about him. He came over as a repulsive phoney.
Trying to big up his relationship with th popular and deceased .Dan Martin.
Like a sinister Alan Partridge.
One line that has stuck with me, is him saying he and Martin were so close Martin's son was "virtually a god-son"
Only a delude narcissit could say that. You are or you're not!

I remember an interview with Peter Crouch when he was asked what he would have been if he wasn't a premier league footballer, he said 'a virgin'

Peter Shilton.
A nasty piece of work.
Domestic abuse. Police called to the house. Also he said his family had to understand he came first, and that they should be quiet around him or some shit like that.
Was caught in a car with a naked woman who wasn't his wife. He claimed she had lost her crucifix, so took her clothes off to help look for it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

lalalanded

VIP Member
My ex met Gok Wan in the smoking area on a renovation job in the west end. Ended up having five fag breaks with him. Said Gok was super friendly and invited him up to the floor he was working on with a load of underwear models.;)
That's one person you never, ever hear a bad word about.

• Heart

petitspois

VIP Member
But libel for what? She chose her words very carefully. She said the stories that appeared in The Sun was only shown to one persons account and that account was Rebecca Vardy’s. Rebecca can claim she was hacked, or that someone else must have also had access to it, but Colleen laid it out carefully and I can’t see anything libellous? (If we are to take Colleens statements that she has several screenshots that specifically prove it as true)
I think by saying it was her account the logical assumption for everyone to make is that Vardy did it. The only way Vardy could get out of this is if, by going to Court, she could force Colleen to give details of something in her life that's embarrassing. Saatchi did it with Nigella didn't he? the only reason he took those sisters to Court for stealing is because it forced Nigella to admit she had been taking drugs and he wanted to humiliate her.

Just thinking off the top of my head, the solicitor could start off by saying 'would you explain your relationship with Colleen and Vardy could reply 'I consoled her when her husband was caught with another woman' (obv one we don't know about) thereby getting a secret that might humiliate Colleen out in the open. Don't know if I have explained that well but lockdown has turned my brain to mush!

• Haha

Handerton

Chatty Member
And she’ll always be the reason for Wonderwall ❤
Noel has repeatedly said he didn’t write the song about her, he wrote it before they ever met and George Harrison was the inspiration - the name even alludes to some of his music. He has, however, said she does have a face that’s a bit like a wall.

• Haha
  • Wow

Handerton

Chatty Member
Anyone met Sara Pascoe....is she as obnoxious and annoying as she comes across on tv?
I know when she was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks they brought out Robbie Williams dad, who she used to be a dancer for and was shagging for a few years pre tv fame. I don’t think I’ve ever see anyone look so mortified to see an ex in my life 😱

• Wow
  • Haha

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Here’s Popbitch on Rooney vs. Vardy

If you can't recall the details, Coleen Rooney used an old showbiz trick to smoke out a tabloid informant she feared was in her midst by planting knowingly false stories to friends to see if anyone was feeding them to the press. By systematically narrowing her circle, Rooney believes she whittled it down to one suspect. Vardy begs to differ.

If the case does make it to trial, things are likely to get a little messy – and Vardy is going to want to hope that she doesn't get asked too many questions about her prior relationship with the Sun. If they ask her under oath about who it was that kept tipping the paps off to her husband's whereabouts when they would go out on the town together, she might find it hard to convince anyone that her hands are entirely clean...

• Wow
  • Heart

thatstupidcat

A couple of old Hollywood bits of gossip that I have picked up in autobiographies and the like over the years:

1. James Robertson Justice used to hold an annual party every year to celebrate the first Nazi he killed in WWII.

2. David Tomlinson who played in Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Mary Poppins, was a flight instructor in WWII.

3. Robert Mitchum was so aggressively comfortable with his sexuality as a straight man, he deliberately turned up naked pushing a silver service trolley with his penis on a platter wrapped in a ribbon to a Hollywood party held for gay / closeted actors.

4. In protest at conditions at Walt Disney, a group of pissed of animators and writers crashed their boss’ mansion and held an orgy, counting on him not wanting to publicise that sort of thing while playing the wholesome religious bloke.

5. L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology would report one of his wives to the FBI for being a communist sympathiser whenever they had a barney. This was at the height of the UnAmerican / McCarthy era to give the flavour of pettiness and batshittery.

I’ll add more when I remember more juicy nuggets.

• Wow
  • Heart