Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It’s a band I don’t remember at all. I remember Alphaville and “Big in Japan” but that’s as close as my old memory gets 😆
I used to love that song!! And there was another one that I liked called (I think) “Turning Japanesa”
Think it was a punk band, can anyone help??

Reactions: 2

petitspois

VIP Member
Oh no not another Debbie McGee thing ? :p
haha, there are lots of pics of dogs on her insta, maybe she has something to do with a boarding thing. I just see it and think 'nice dogs' then scroll on tbh.... don't think she's into bestiality ;)

• Haha

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Does anyone have anything on Zach Braff?? I just find something a bit off about him and I can't quite figure it out...........
Is he the one going out with Florence Pugh? She told her fans to where to go when they started criticising him on her Instagrsm.

Reverend

VIP Member
It was the 90s and sponsorship was pretty common. Louise did really well for a while, she obviously had the pop career as well as doing all the FHM type shoots too. I liked Eternal better without her aswell and I'd say they were far more successful without her. I loved their album after she left. Even as a kid reading interviews it was obvious Kelle Bryan didn't get on with the Bennett sisters so I can believe they all fell out, equally I can believe Louise was cherry picked and persuaded to go solo.
Kelle Bryan ended up working a call centre quite soon after Eternal kicked her out didn't she?

• Heart
Watching stupid Lorraine on TV and Gwyneth Paltrow has followed her ‘smells like my vagina’ candle with a ‘smells like my orgasm’ candle. Yummy..what is the matter with her??
[/QUOTE
]
Whatever next!
Can't wait for next seasons candle.
It sounds like a scene from "Ab
Fab"

Fab"
I love that programme too! I hear it's been cancelled with the network that was making it but Leah posted on Insta a while ago to say "watch this space" for her and Mike so hopefully they will go to another network or maybe streaming. The programme is so good, so shocking. Everyone knows scientology is weird but the depth of what some of those people have gone through is horrific. I really want to see them go for Tom Cruise, he just gets a pass through all of it because he's Tom Cruise.... I heard Travolta wants out of Scio now as he wants to live free as a (rumoured) gay man but the organisation have a ton of blackmail material on him and won't let him leave. The leader David Miscavage sounds like an absolute maniac.

I believe the allegation on that is that she slept or exchanged favours of some sort with Harvey Weinstein because a few people raised eyebrows when she called him out. I have read a similar rumour about Jennifer Lawrence and Harvey.
Re Jennifer's Lawrence.
I think the connection with the hideous H.W. is widely believed.
Also, on threads "Knobs in showbiz" horrible peeps not actual knobs, she's always in the mix jostling for position as top knob.

Well as far as I can see there’s only one possible option and I don’t wanna smell that one :p As for stealing something from Winona Ryder oh the irony.
That's what I was hinting at.
Dead subtle me!

Last edited:

Noseyparker68

The second wave of Spanish flu killed more people than the first due to a mutation that made the immune system of healthy young people go haywire, so I’m unsurprised to hear this. In fact I almost expected it.

Our government dont give a shit about us, remember that.
Back to Elton John. Apologies if this has already been mentioned here, but wasn’t there a blind relating to a “Super Injunction” taken out by Elton regarding a paddling pool, olive oil and another celeb involved in a threesome with Elton and David Furnish? And, no it wasn’t Popeye, or Brutus!! 😳
Who was the celeb

Restless Native

VIP Member
Any tea on Frank Lampard and Christine Bleakley?
I always liked Frank, until I heard about and saw that sex video he was in with Rio Ferdinand and Kieron Dyer in Cyprus.
They were using a wine bottle during a sex gang bang orgy. Disgusting!
Was he married at the time too?

I have not, but I will take a look. Thanks!

Yes, I remember that he flew into an airport on his private jet, refused to get off it and made medics get on board to perform the DNA test he insisted on. Quite insulting to his by then ex-girlfriend Liz Hurley, although you have to ask whether her pregnancy was an accident.
However a child arises they are innocent. To have nothing to do with them is cruel and so damaging

Maybe he was scared the game was over?
Or maybe he was helped on his way?

So I just googled Gwyneth’s vagina candle (curiosity got the better of me) and it’s just a clever marketing ploy, it’s not supposed to smell of her actual snatch as far as I can tell. I watched the Jimmy Fallon interview, which was the first thing to come up. Man, he seemed weird, disheveled without looking disheveled, if that makes any sense at all. Maybe he’s just a strange guy. Is he weird?
My feed just offered me the latest on GP s' repulsive products.
So I just googled Gwyneth’s vagina candle (curiosity got the better of me) and it’s just a clever marketing ploy, it’s not supposed to smell of her actual snatch as far as I can tell. I watched the Jimmy Fallon interview, which was the first thing to come up. Man, he seemed weird, disheveled without looking disheveled, if that makes any sense at all. Maybe he’s just a strange guy. Is he weird?
I've been offered the latest news GPs' offlatory delights on my news feed!
Apparently her latest gift to the discerning customer is something based on her orgasm.
Wait for it, wit her help from her son.
As you quite rightly say it's just to get noticed, but still!

• Sick

Restless Native

VIP Member
Re the earnings of pop bands: even when physical music (as in CDs) were the main source of income, the manufactured bands didn’t earn that much, certainly not enough to retire on.

Hannah Spearritt of S Club 7 (or rather, her dad) attempted to sue the band’s management company about ten years ago for more money. The members each earned £150k a year: they were effectively on a salary with occasional bonuses for DVD sales etc.

She lost. She’d signed a contract that made her, and the others, something like employees. They didn’t write any of the music and were replaceable. They probably had a good life for ex-stage school kids with no other talent apart from performing other people’s songs and dancing. Probably made a bit extra from personal appearances and enjoyed the benefit of fame whilst they had it (getting free clothes, good tables in restaurants etc.)

I bet Steps were the same. Pete Waterman set the band up, and I don’t think he’s financially naive. Odds on the Steps members were earning an amount similar to S Club, and were similarly salaried rather than taking all the risks and rewards. Which means that no way is Lisa Scott Lee going to be retired on her Steps earnings. They probably did quite well out of the reunion tour, I imagine. Plus I remember the girls from Steps appearing In those underwear shoots for men’s magazines every chance they got.

Didn’t she marry that bloke who was drafted into Hearsay just before they broke up? I can say with confidence that it’s unlikely that his pop career earnings are supporting them.

I went to a festival in Glasgow years ago - very poppy, included Blue, Darius etc - and Lisa Scott Lee was one of the early filler acts. She had just gone solo after Steps split up. She did a couple of songs, woeful, then signed off with “you all have a great day, OK? Byeeee!”. A bloke in the crowd near us sad, “It just got better” as Lisa left the stage. Comedy gold.

Bands like One Direction and the Spice Girls are the exception to the ‘manufactured bands‘ earnings rule of thumb because MERCHANDISE.
Was that the Irn Bru festival at Bellahouston Park?