Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

petitspois

VIP Member
What exactly is Rebecca Vardy taking Colleen Rooney to court for? As far as I gather:

Colleen says she has screenshots of only one account having access to her private stories

Those stories then ended up in The Sun

The one account that had access was Rebecca’s.

Assuming the screenshots exist and she can provide sufficient proof that Rebecca’s account was the only one that could see hers, what is Rebecca suing for? Like what will her argument be?
Libel - which google tells me is a false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation (in print). Therefore, she is going to have to prove it was false. I note in the Sky news piece about it it said something at the end like 'they will go to Court if it's not settled outside'. I wonder if one of them will settle to prevent everything being discussed in Court. They can then try to pretend they have saved face.

Reactions: 2

CherryAcid

VIP Member
I remember reading about a third person and I think it was just a friend who was on holiday with them. I don't recall his husband changing his statement though, a quick google yielded no results.

I keep reading differing reports about Steve Bing's financial status as well! One minute he inherited $600m but at time of death it was down(!) to $540m then I also read he had doubled his $600m to over a billion. He was called a billionaire when he was going out with Liz but who knows.

I've started on that reddit sub that discusses his involvement with Epstein. Might be go
ne some time!
Please report back when you do, I have only read bits as I'm at work.

Candytuft

VIP Member
There are about six middle aged (now elderly
I guess) women who get moved around in these lesbian relationships. 😆 No one has mentioned Valerie Singleton yet. She’s usually in the mix. Delia Smith occasionally features.
Virginia Wade and Jane Glover were in the same social circle.

strange addiction

yeah I remember. Awful to speculate but I wonder now if it was a chemsex session gone wrong. Please delete this if it’s inappropriate
I thought I had read it was 'a sex game gone wrong' I dont know where I read it or anymore details than that tho lol

torontoon

Chatty Member
Is he the one going out with Florence Pugh? She told her fans to where to go when they started criticising him on her Instagrsm.
Love Florence Pugh (she killed it in Midsommar). Do find something slightly off about Braff though I also can't put my finger on it.

Chablis1

VIP Member
A couple of old Hollywood bits of gossip that I have picked up in autobiographies and the like over the years:

1. James Robertson Justice used to hold an annual party every year to celebrate the first Nazi he killed in WWII.

2. David Tomlinson who played in Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Mary Poppins, was a flight instructor in WWII.

3. Robert Mitchum was so aggressively comfortable with his sexuality as a straight man, he deliberately turned up naked pushing a silver service trolley with his penis on a platter wrapped in a ribbon to a Hollywood party held for gay / closeted actors.

4. In protest at conditions at Walt Disney, a group of pissed of animators and writers crashed their boss’ mansion and held an orgy, counting on him not wanting to publicise that sort of thing while playing the wholesome religious bloke.

5. L. Ron Hubbard, founder of Scientology would report one of his wives to the FBI for being a communist sympathiser whenever they had a barney. This was at the height of the UnAmerican / McCarthy era to give the flavour of pettiness and batshittery.

I’ll add more when I remember more juicy nuggets.
Love this.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I've recorded it to watch later on.

Does anyone recall Channel 4's 'Star Stories' where Katie is depicted as a robot?
I heard Vanessa Kirby was someone he had his eye on as wife material but she said no. Shes in the mission impossible films though. I'd have thought if shed turned him down he could have got her bumped from.those.

• Heart

Team JCM

VIP Member
I had forgotten about the Palmer Cutler ‘It...is’ stuff. The company was dissolved in 2010. No surprise: I remember it being launched and thinking, who’s going to buy that? It was quite ambitiously priced. Until it ended up in the discount shops.

It reminded me about Fran Cutler though. She really got on my nerves during the zenith of the Primrose Hill arses. Always clinging onto famous people, with the godforsaken Meg Mathews. She and Meg were ‘party planners’, cashing in on the fame of the Gallaghers to get work. I watched a documentary around that time about a London venue opening: quite an eye opener. They had managed to get a few celebs to show up (if you can call Lisa Scott Lee from Steps a celebrity) but what was notable was, this poor girl working on the door and checking the guest list got a public bollocking from Fran Cutler, the party organiser, for not letting in some people who were not on the list but were, unknown to her, mates of Fran Cutler. I felt really sorry for her. Fran Cutler shrieked, “I can’t believe she wouldn’t let you in darlin’! I’ll sort ‘er aaahhhht!”. Pure class. Imagine working for her.

Fran Cutler subsequently became pregnant by a bloke who didn’t want to know, and called the kid Mercy Magic. Christ. It was around this time that Meg Mathews’ marriage to Noel Gallagher broke down, and he had some pretty choice insults to throw at them. I remember him saying something like, “everyone in London hates them”. I suspect that ol’ Fran had something to do with Meg’s continued fondness for the nose candy.

Fran managed to cling on to Kate Moss as a friend for another few years before, if I remember correctly, Kate fell out with her. Reason: Fran sent a spiteful email to a third party slagging off Kate and attaching some photos that made Kate look a mess. But she sent them to Kate by mistake. Oops.

I suspect she is still trying to scratch a living on the periphery of the has beens. My money is on her retraining as a yoga instructor.
Didnt she also get involved in a fashion label? Was it with Sadie Frost?

• Haha

Restless Native

VIP Member
I believe it was before he was married to Christine. I always liked Christine, having said that; always heard from people in BBC Belfast that she always chased wealthy men; guess she got lucky in the end..... look at her past history with men.....
I meant married to his first wife?

suspecrobot

Now that makes a lot of sense. Rupert Murdoch, awful as he is, really does have good business sense. No way would he be happy with paying someone 15k a week when his staff could find a similar looking girl who would do it for a fraction of that.
I doubt Rupe would be involved at that level?

Sjc_80

Has anyone seen the reddit thread that talks about Steven Bing being part of Epstein’s circle? I’m not sure if I’m allowed to link here.
What reddit sub is it on. The name will do you don't have to post a link.

Thank you!

Sariassong

yeah I remember. Awful to speculate but I wonder now if it was a chemsex session gone wrong. Please delete this if it’s inappropriate
I agree, no less tragic but I understand why the family wanted to keep it out of the still homophobic tabloids

Yeah, you're right. Could you ever see Liz Hurley 'falling for' a man who wasn't a multi millionaire? despicable behaviour on both sides
You’ve got to be a cold bastard not to take an interest in your kid though, however conniving the mother is

Y
I missed this! Saatchi took Nigella court? *googles
But wouldn’t Vardy become even more in-poular if she did this? I suppose she’s relying on Rooney not wanting it revealed so backing out. It’s like chess for wags

What is the point of telling stuff like that? I suppose their kids are immune to the normal embarrassment what with all the horrible stuff he’s written.
Stuff I didn’t know until posts on here
Also it makes you wonder if having a pedalo rapist and his collaborato r as parents hasn’t had a terrible effect on her, eve even if she didn’t know as a kid
Her boundaries don’t sound very good

Last edited: