Secret Celebrity Gossip #165

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since The Stranglers have had some mentions, I need to point out that Jean-Jacques Burnel has aged like fine wine 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Since The Stranglers have had some mentions, I need to point out that Jean-Jacques Burnel has aged like fine wine 🤤
He has indeed aged well but when your ingredients looked like this in the first place that’s to be hoped for!

IMG_4553.jpeg

Many years ago they performed on the other stage at Glastonbury, it was before the days of an app and people relied on the guardian app for their clashes, in true Gruniad style they had managed to switch their show times around with Joshua Radin, a soft pop US piano player, there were a lot of confused middle aged blokes in Fred Perry shirts when Josh took to the stage!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Speaking of, I just found out yesterday what Spandau Ballet means. Here is a link for those who don't know and it's fair to say, I don't think they would be allowed to call themselves that if they were a new band nowadays.

wow I knew about Spandau and Hess because i lived in Berlin at the time he was in prison there . in fact used to go to the library in that complex but never knew the Ballet part.. probs because I left before his demise..
But Spandau were named in 1979 and Hess died in 1987 so how could the graffiti have been about his death? 🤔
Time Travel?! 😜

• Wow
Reactions: 10
But Spandau were named in 1979 and Hess died in 1987 so how could the graffiti have been about his death? 🤔
Time Travel?! 😜
He attempted suicide many times during his time in prison so it may have been a reference to his earlier attempts rather than his final, successful bid.

Reactions: 8
Tony Hadley came into my restaurant once, it was years ago, he’d recently been on “I’m a celebrity” so was fairly fresh in my memory, he walked through the door and I thought to myself “Jesus Christ, that bloke looks like Tony Hadley” he walked straight up to me with a huge smile and really strong London accent “alwight Luv, I’ve got a table booked under Hadley”

Me: ok then………

Anyway, he was absolutely lovely, lots of the older lady punters recognised him and he signed autographs and posed for photos happily. Just a genuinely bloody nice bloke
One of my relatives is a professional photographer and went to his house to do photos for a magazine and apparently he was lovely and down to earth. Lukewarm tea...

Reactions: 32
One of my relatives is a professional photographer and went to his house to do photos for a magazine and apparently he was lovely and down to earth. Lukewarm tea...
Even more lukewarm tea: Tony Hadley once helped a friend’s elderly relative get their suitcase off the conveyor belt at Palma airport. 😎

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Apparently Tony Hadley literally kicked Sadie Frost up the arse when she told him she was leaving him.
I think I read that on here 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
All the stills they have of Nicola Coughlan kissing or doing her sex scene they have paused when she’s giving a really awkward face.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hadley was lovely when I met him at my work, he was more baffled I knew who he was because I was so young.

I was front row at the reunion a few years later again looking like the only child in the arena 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Tony Hadley came into my restaurant once, it was years ago, he’d recently been on “I’m a celebrity” so was fairly fresh in my memory, he walked through the door and I thought to myself “Jesus Christ, that bloke looks like Tony Hadley” he walked straight up to me with a huge smile and really strong London accent “alwight Luv, I’ve got a table booked under Hadley”

Me: ok then………

Anyway, he was absolutely lovely, lots of the older lady punters recognised him and he signed autographs and posed for photos happily. Just a genuinely bloody nice bloke
Agreed… Met Tony Hadley twice.. the nicest of men.,
What these celebs need to remember we make them what they are, so to be gracious and polite costs nothing.
Saw Bobby Robson (England Manager) at airport when my son Was small. He was footie mad, went and asked for autograph, he was horrible. His mate with him says,
Mr Robson wud like sum peace, my son Was 7.. we were sat there for about an hour before my son Went over and saw no other kids go there, so not like he was over run with them. Soured my opinion of him. I know ppl deserve peace and quiet but 1 kid 1autograph!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Not feeling to super duper today but I just came here to say Holly Valance is such a disgusting piece of tit, and the only reason she’s so in with Trump and Farage is because she’s their perfect wank bank material and absolutely bleeping loaded to boot.

Right, I’m away for a lie down

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I met Tamzin Outhwaite at the bar at the opening night of a club at the Sanderson Hotel (Bungalow? details hazy - this was a long time ago) and started chatting with what I thought was someone I vaguely knew. She was very good looking and an all round lovely, friendly woman. She was ordering a Long Island Ice Tea and was already quite squiffy (as was I) I only realised as I went back to my friends that it was Mel from EastEnders...she seemed like a real laugh, a nice genuine person.
I also met her at a British awards ceremony around 2008/9 in the intervals people went outside for air or cigs. She was very pleasant but smoked incessantly, she seemed to need cigs to calm her nerves. I noticed her skin was quite finely lined which is well camouflaged on TV. Ditto Kevin Bishop, he lit one cig after another. I've met Bobby Davro too. He seemed ok, a little 'dont you know who I am' vibe but fine otherwise. I just made out I didn't know who he was. His dad owned a discount store, plastic homewares etc, near my old house & my dad knew him from years back, through athletics I think.

Reactions: 14
I have to say I’m amazed at Rees-Mogg’s wife. She’s a good looking woman. I imagined him to be married to someone like Nanny McPhee or some becardiganed spinster type like Barbara Woodhouse.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Someone on here once described Rees Mogg as looking like a haunted pencil and its the most apt description of anyone I've ever read.

• Haha
Reactions: 98
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.