Secret Celebrity Gossip #165

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She might be plump, but I don’t think she is obese or unhealthy. And less likely to suffer from osteoporosis in later life.
But if you want to be historically correct, it wasn’t fashionable to be thin in those days. Just look at paintings from that time.
No, I don’t think she’s fat either. Just larger than most actresses. My point was a general one though and there have been several excellent posts afterwards saying it better.

Reactions: 8
Nicola Coughlan is probably a size 12, 14 at most. She's just always pictured next to very thin people, so looks bigger.

I saw Nigella Lawson in the flesh once and she's no way as big as she looks on TV. I was struck by the huge volume of makeup she was wearing, though.
Thats what I’m finding so baffling about all of this tbh. Nicola Coughlan isn’t ’overweight’ by any stretch of the imagination. She’s just… normal 😊

Reactions: 26
Katy Perry’s outfit reminds me of the Vengaboys for some reason.

View attachment 3000465
Well that is a blast from the past. Growing up I lived next to the local parish hall, in rural Ireland that means one thing, bingo on a Sunday evening. To the tune of The Vengaboys international superhit "We like to party" my little nephew would sing "the bingo bus is coming" every Sunday night as the old dears got off the bingo minibus and trotted into the parish hall. He at three years old, was already legendary.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Following the Sally Phillips conversation - I do have big reservations about celebrities championing disabilities in this way. Their experience is very different from the average joe.
Half of all children born with DS have a heart defect. They are also more likely to have other health problems such as cancer.

I think a lot of people think DS is simply having different facial features and mild cognitive delay.

Also, no one should be pressured to have a child they cannot look after appropriately regardless of their health status.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Following the Sally Phillips conversation - I do have big reservations about celebrities championing disabilities in this way. Their experience is very different from the average joe.
Half of all children born with DS have a heart defect. They are also more likely to have other health problems such as cancer.

I think a lot of people think DS is simply having different facial features and mild cognitive delay.

Also, no one should be pressured to have a child they cannot look after appropriately regardless of their health status.
I once taught a deaf woman whose parents were adamant that she be able to get by as best she could in the deaf and hearing worlds. They wanted her to have a choice, if nothing else. She was taught to read and write early and encouraged to use this to communicate on a level basis with hearing people. It worked - she was an excellent student with great communication skills and a top-class mind. Before meeting her and the deaf support team where I worked, I had no idea that deaf people are much more likely to have literacy issues, especially those who use BSL exclusively. Obviously, adults can choose to communicate how they wish, but I do think it's unfair for children to be potentially denied the choice for the sake of a "community".

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Ha. She does look a bit like Jill Halfpenny but I was actually thinking of this woman. Gina McKee. They must have a shared Geordie look!
I was sat at the next table to her in a London restaurant, an incredible but super cheap,
unassuming veggie Indian. It wasn’t long after Notting Hill came out. When she stood up and walked out I was really confused for a moment 🤦🏼‍♀️
You wouldn’t get away with using a non-disabled actress for a disabled role these days though, as it should be.
---
I saw Nigella Lawson in the flesh once and she's no way as big as she looks on TV. I was struck by the huge volume of makeup she was wearing, though.
In another restaurant story, many years ago my cousin was Maitre D somewhere she frequently dined, possibly blue bird cafe but I don’t remember for sure. He said she was always on the egg white omelette and salads, nothing like her sneaking off to the fridge for a late night slice of cake as was portrayed at the time.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
In fairness, I know Katy has had one kid, wasn’t she pregnant with the next? Perhaps she didn’t want the commitment of AI?
I think it's more she gave it up to concentrate on her music and get back up there again to where she used to be. The thing is even a lot of her fans don't seem to be expecting much from this album as she is saying exactly what she did with the last one...it's a new style, it's stuff she wants to do this time and that flopped so this one could as well. I hope she does do well as I loved her first few albums but everyone she has released has sold less than the last and the singles didn't exactly set the charts ablaze either.
---
if she’s needing to get the baps out at this point, I don’t have high hopes for the song itself
Funny you say that as the first thing I thought when I watched her TikTok was she has had work done.

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Truth. I have a family member with DS, he had heart surgery as a baby and still has issues. He is also fed only a liquid diet only through a peg due to digestive issues. He has the cognitive abilities of around a 4 year old and it is a full time job to look after him and multiple family members help out. I had a friend many years ago whose son had DS and sadly passed away as a child due to his heart problems

It is not simply a case of looking a little different and learning delays; there are different ways it can affect people and not every person would want to take that on not just for their own sake but for the quality of life that child may or may not have.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I once taught a deaf woman whose parents were adamant that she be able to get by as best she could in the deaf and hearing worlds. They wanted her to have a choice, if nothing else. She was taught to read and write early and encouraged to use this to communicate on a level basis with hearing people. It worked - she was an excellent student with great communication skills and a top-class mind. Before meeting her and the deaf support team where I worked, I had no idea that deaf people are much more likely to have literacy issues, especially those who use BSL exclusively. Obviously, adults can choose to communicate how they wish, but I do think it's unfair for children to be potentially denied the choice for the sake of a "community".
Historically it actually was the reverse. Children were not taught BSL as it was seen as ‘opting out’ of the hearing world.
---
Ian McKellen back on stage tomorrow. Great news.

Reactions: 11
So who do we think Douglas is inspired by? Which newsreader has got cancelled? Eamonn?
You can't think of a newsreader who has been cancelled? 😅 I'll give huw a clue...
---
Thats what I’m finding so baffling about all of this tbh. Nicola Coughlan isn’t ’overweight by any stretch of the imagination. She’s just… normal 😊
Of course she's overweight. It's very obvious. Overweight is pretty normal anyway. It's not a big deal is it?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Talking of Gina McKee they are remaking The Forsyth Saga again, are they no other books they can do, or original ideas?

Reactions: 5
Katy Perry single release date = Taylor Swifts 103rd variant of Tortured Poets Society release date

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.