Secret Celebrity Gossip #163

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Years ago, before the Take That comeback, Barlow was a talking head on a documentary about Robbie’s huge success. He was massively bitter at the time and actually said he deserved it more than Robbie. Like or loathe Robbie, he was who the fans wanted at the time, not Gary.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
The worst horror movie I watched had this white owl that appeared in the window- no idea what it was.
That sounds like The Fourth Kind, starting Milla Jovovich. I'm sure I had a favourite unintentionally funny part of it that I can't remember now!

Reactions: 6
Years ago, before the Take That comeback, Barlow was a talking head on a documentary about Robbie’s huge success. He was massively bitter at the time and actually said he deserved it more than Robbie. Like or loathe Robbie, he was who the fans wanted at the time, not Gary.
RW's Britpop/rock-esque songs with Guy Chambers were exactly the right move from a public taste perspective at the time. 80s inspired pop/dance was really not what the public were looking for.

Looking back through my 'Now Thats What I Call Music' albums from the 90s-00s you can really see how it all shifted.

Reactions: 19
Palate cleanser for those of us traumatised by childhood TV shows:
Screenshot_20240524-112112.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 126
I really can't stand Gary Barlow or Robbie to be honest. But there's something about Gary.

Reactions: 23
Someone mentioned the smoking advert on the last thread, yes I do remember that and one with blue sticks. Also the one of the lassie who got absolutely wasted and had to go back to school on the Monday.

Obviously though the smoking ones done nothing as I started smoking anyways

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Didn't he also say that the Spice Girls winning an Ivor Novello award made him want to hand back his IN awards

I'm 58, my memory is so bad I think I've got dementia but I can remember that 🤣🤣🤣

I've always been team Robbie 😳😳😳

Someone posted a photo on Facebook of a ticket to see Robbie in 2006 - £40!!! Those were the days 😢😢😢

• Wow
Reactions: 23
Going back to the popbitch post about a comedians sniffing needing to be edited out- can't be Jimmy Carr as surely the sound of sniffing would be drowned by the loud fake exaggerated laugh he does.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Going back to the popbitch post about a comedians sniffing needing to be edited out- can't be Jimmy Carr as surely the sound of sniffing would be drowned by the loud fake exaggerated laugh he does.
I couldn’t see it being him as he doesnt have the other hallmarks of coke when he’s performing - fidgeting, pacing etc. and confidence wise i just don’t think he gives a duck. Whitehalls performance on the other hand…

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Harking back to the last thread and this might be unpopular but the more I think about it, the more I feel like the public (and me personally) have been unfair to Tulisa.
She really got quite a hard time for being a working class (admittedly a bit chavvy) young woman who was seen as overly ambitious. The Fake Sheikh stuff basically ended her career and he was just a con man who tried to entrap people and lied in court about it.
---
Christ alive I had the biggest crush on Paul Danan back in the 90’s, what an absolute state!!!
He had a LOT of issues. With hindsight I suspect undiagnosed ADHD.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Harking back to the last thread and this might be unpopular but the more I think about it, the more I feel like the public (and me personally) have been unfair to Tulisa.
She really got quite a hard time for being a working class (admittedly a bit chavvy) young woman who was seen as overly ambitious. The Fake Sheikh stuff basically ended her career and he was just a con man who tried to entrap people and lied in court about it.
---

He had a LOT of issues. With hindsight I suspect undiagnosed ADHD.
Totally agree about Tulisa. There was a “know your place” attitude. She had a tough upbringing- I’m sure her mum struggled with her mental health. The sex tape and fake sheik totally fucked her over.

And Paul Danan has spoken quite openly about his ADHD and his addiction issues.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
He always seemed to come across as very jealous Robbie. I hope he's got over it to some extent now, although you never know.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.