Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

artnouveau

Chatty Member
Two things : Jodie Marsh absolutely slated Fran Cosgrave in her autobiography, which I can highly recommend if anyone wants a trashy (delusional) beach read.

Also I'm sure my sister had a commodore 64 game called 'Freddie Starr ate my hamster', is this also an urban myth??.
That was a tabloid headline in the 1980s, I hope it's not true!

Reactions: 1

L3moning

VIP Member
Lots of men go massively homophobic when they’re trying not to acknowledge their own feelings.
Indeed. I don't think it is, in itself, proof that a specific person isn't straight, but I've known a couple of people IRL who fit to some degree or another.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I agree with you, she was exploited as a child and they used a lot of her earnings to fund their own lives. They didn’t even visit her on set often and she’d be in America by herself on holidays etc too which makes me sad as she was just a child. She was the main bread winner for the family at such a young age so it doesn’t surprise me that she’s settled down young. I hope it works out for her
Sorry what happened? I didn’t know any of this?!

I_mean_reaaaalllly

I know someone who recreated that scene with her new husband as their first dance at the wedding. Lift and everything. They had dance lessons ahead of the big day.

I wasn’t there but from friends that were apparently the cringe factor was off the scale.

I heard that someone once told the bride she looked like Jennifer Grey. Maybe, at a distance if you squint your eyes a bit. However her man was short, fat and bald, definitely not a Patrick Swayze lookalike 🤣

I didn’t see the film Dirty Dancing until about 10 years ago. It was okay. The stage show is good. Loved Grease as a kid. Vaguely remember queuing up to see it in the cinema as a small child. Love Actually is terrible.
I feel like I may know this couple… 😂😂 the fat, short and bald man definitely triggers a memory!

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
I remember reading this article not long after Stranger Things first came out, about her dad demanding $100k from agents who wanted to sign her (and from the article, it seems this is considered way out of order in that industry). And then all the stuff about the family having to sacrifice everything to try and make her a huge star. I mean, red flags all over the shop.

Imagine the pressure off feeling financially responsible for you whole family at 12 years old? And then how it might affect you in your adult life

I’m sort of on the fence with this one. Because it sounds like they did make financial sacrifices for their talented daughter. And in the context of the NW discussion yesterday this is what I mean. They are getting accused of leaching off her but potentially they did sacrifice things to enable her to get the roles

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
One I always remember that sounds like an urban myth but is apparently true is Michael Jackson hiring the whole of Alton Towers to himself one night. This was years ago during his Thriller album years. I think when he was on tour over here.
Yeah, that was probably true. Bet he got a great deal back in the early 90’s

Gingerprincess

Chatty Member
Sorry if this has already been posted but I’m here for this, it sounds like a Dan brown novel and we are coming into the trashy novel holiday season

---

I didn’t really want to think about this but I bet Eamonn loves to go down town.
Oh no I think he’s the opposite, lazy in that department