Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Not secret celebrity gossip but an absolute rave that I needed to share somewhere because I just think that this kindness needs to be shouted about.

An old friend of mine died last week, she was super young, had a young family and it's all-in-all very sad. Her husband is from Wales and is a Wrexham fan. Ryan Reynolds sent a personal video message to the family saying how sorry he is, sending love to them, and that if there was anything that they could do they would help, also said he would like to meet the family and find out more about her and her life. It was sent privately and not for PR or show or anything. I know he is an actor but he got choked up about it, as Blake is a similar age to my friend and obviously they have a young family.

I always liked Ryan, and this has absolutely solidified it for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 147

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
What tf is it with some men that they can't control themselves and feel the need to rape children? Whether their own or someone else's kids, really - apart from causing the trauma of lifelong damage - physically & mentally, to these poor children - do they really think they'll get away with it for life? Thankfully now, most of them won't. It says a lot about someone who's so perverted they need to get their kicks from raping & abusing innocent children. A 'control' thing? Control, my arse - they should try controlling themselves, ffs!

I honestly think incest and the sexual abuse of children has been going on for decades, probably centuries - except long ago it was probably all hushed up (excused?!) by those who knew, ie, the children's mothers, grandmothers?! ... for the sake of family harmony and not bringing shame to the family. Shame on them all if they did.

Thank God these poor children, well, some of them anyway, feel they can now have a voice to speak out. It's also heartbreaking to think some keep quiet for fear of daddy/grandfather/uncle, etc, getting into trouble.

My heart breaks for these poor little ones. Sickening. :cry:
I was sexually abused as a child and have told no one in my family. A lot of it is due to how ashamed I feel, and another large part is that I don't want to cause my parents pain. Sending all my strength and admiration to this person for coming forward. I hope they get the support, healing and justice they deserve.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 120

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Ian Wright is a proper gentleman. I've only ever heard good things about him. He had a horrible upbringing and has gone on to do so much with his life.

This is the video of him meeting his old teacher that was mentioned earlier. You can see the respect Ian has for Mr Pigden. The way he removes his hat straight away.

• Heart
Reactions: 120

Phil I Buster

VIP Member
When I need a pick up, I watch the clip of Ian Wright meeting his old teacher, Mr Pigden, who he had thought was dead. It’s beyond moving.

• Heart
Reactions: 107

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I don't get the fuss with Helen Mirren. I think Hollywood just loses their shit for any RADA voiced actor/actress who portrays a royal eg. Helen M, Judi, D, Colin F...
Let me add Olivia fucking Colman to that list. I can’t stand the toothy, gurning twat who just plays the same character over and over but has also somehow ascended to national treasure status.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

MistyWindows

VIP Member
Bit of nice tea!
Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper) came into my work today, she was a bloody delight! After she ordered we actually realised we were sold out of it but she couldn’t have been nicer about it, she had a salad and chips and she’s vegan.
Happy days 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 82

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
I once banned our eldest from watching Tweenies when she was little, because she insisted on acting like Bella all the time and it did my head in 🤣
We had a traumatic experience with the Tweenies. They were filming in a small local venue so I took DD down. They were so welcoming, she had a fabulous time watching it all made etc
Until we came to leave and she looked back to see Max with his head off 😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 77

mindlessness

VIP Member
That was Ian Wrights last appearance on Match of the Day. He said in December he wanted to do other things and has quite a bit of input into the Women's Football League. His granddaughter is a promising footballer and he is a great ambassador for girls sports teams.
I’m not much into football but have always thought Wright seemed a good sort. A little more humility than some other players of his era. So it’s nice to read about this!

• Heart
Reactions: 75

orangehead

VIP Member
I haven’t seen the doc! What was the scrapbook moment about!? I think she gives off this vibe of me, me, me! Huge ego and the sort to rip in to anyone who won’t advance her career!
While married to Jen G he continued writing letters to Jen L saying how much he loves her and admires her and whatever and when they got back together he put all the letters in a scrapbook as a gift to her to celebrate their love.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 75

RinsedHoops

Chatty Member
Not what I said
I think a lot of people get caught up in the scandal of this sort of story without actually thinking about the realities of the impact on the people involved. At the heart of this is a person saying they were sexually abused under the age of 10. If your first thought is “I’d love it if this was x person” that’s pretty fucked up.

• Heart
Reactions: 71

Raker

VIP Member
Yes! Ron (Thursday Murders) should look like this prototype Ron (Dixon, Brookside)

IMG_5960.png

in fact, all “Ron”s should look like this

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

fognoodles

The University of Bedfordshire have now deleted Tom White from their alumni pages. It's not looking good.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 65

Regina2071

and he’s a n absolute arsehole to boot (Nesbitt).
We were walking back to our car through a small outdoor shopping precinct, where filming was going in with him.. some bitch told us we couldn't walk through, but would need to take a 10 min detour (with children) - he glared at us, so we walked right through. He and bitch film crew were rude, snd told us how we were holding up filming - I just smiled politely and said ...I'd have walked round if you'd said please !

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

ochebalboa

I’m very late to this & it’s not a secret but I had no idea how much of a nonce Anthony Kiedis is

in his book he bragged shout shagging a 14 year old. Of course how he’s dating a 19 year old when he 61.

And yet this as past by without much

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 64

Don'tlookEthel

I haven't read them, I doubt I will purely because every time I tell my sister what I'm reading (regardless of its genre) she replies with "oh you should read the Thursday Murder Club" or whatever its called. Every single time without fail, which annoys me, but my dying without having read them will annoy her. Tit for Tat

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64