Secret Celebrity Gossip #161

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too. Growing up I thought the US was bigger, better and faster and I would have loved to move there but, over the years, I've completely changed my opinion. I think it started with the Columbine shooting actually and how they did nothing to change the gun laws, then the debacle over whether Bush or Gore won the presidency, then the way they responded to 9/11 and Trump and their abortion stance was the icing on the cake. Now I look at them eating tit sanctioned by the govt, with barely any free healthcare, school shootings every week and a society so focussed on needing to work long hours with very little holiday just to be able to live and I see the place as a consumerist hellhole. Thy do such a good job at indoctrinating the kids in school with the daily pledge of allegiance, flags everywhere and the fact they're constantly told America is so amazing they don't know any different and go along with the propaganda.
It's such a deeply divided country now and the extremes of both sides are getting louder and nastier and more aggressive.

Unfortunately, I see signs of the UK gradually following suit.
---
No but tropes are being perpetuated. Started off as mild and funny then it all became a bit malicious against women.
Maybe I'm dense, but I really haven't got the first clue what you're talking about.

Reactions: 11
Love Foyle’s War, her husband died last November so will still be grieving and she has also had her share of health problems, hoping she has support around her .
They had a very acrimonious separation and I don’t think they were close when he died. Totally forgot that he passed. I hope their son is doing ok.

Reactions: 6
Yeah just seen a daily mail article, he's trying to worm his way back into the limelight. He needs to stay the duck away like Barrymore.
I'm delighted that we don't have his unbearably smug face advertising gin, car selling, and other shite any more. Even if you didn't watch a show with him on he was hard to avoid.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What's that I hear nobody asking? How's Noel Edmonds doing in his NZ version of Crinkly Bottom? Shutting up shop by the sounds of it. The interesting part to me is that he spent NZD 30 million on properties and it looks like more in investments.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No but tropes are being perpetuated. Started off as mild and funny then it all became a bit malicious against women.
What's that I hear nobody asking? How's Noel Edmonds doing in his NZ version of Crinkly Bottom? Shutting up shop by the sounds of it. The interesting part to me is that he spent NZD 30 million on properties and it looks like more in investments.

Speaking of Noel

I do actually have Noel tea but it would out me to share.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Me too. Growing up I thought the US was bigger, better and faster and I would have loved to move there but, over the years, I've completely changed my opinion. I think it started with the Columbine shooting actually and how they did nothing to change the gun laws, then the debacle over whether Bush or Gore won the presidency, then the way they responded to 9/11 and Trump and their abortion stance was the icing on the cake. Now I look at them eating tit sanctioned by the govt, with barely any free healthcare, school shootings every week and a society so focused on needing to work long hours with very little holiday just to be able to live and I see the place as a consumerist hellhole. Thy do such a good job at indoctrinating the kids in school with the daily pledge of allegiance, flags everywhere and the fact they're constantly told America is so amazing they don't know any different and go along with the propaganda.
Yeah, since a teen I've been to the US a few times, San Fran, Chicago, Texas (spent a huge amount of time here), Miami, Vegas, Florida, New Mexico, and NY on multiple occasions.
I can hand on heart say I don't think I'll ever go back now. It holds absolutely no attraction for me.
To me the shine has gone, it's a scary, grubby place to live now, workers rights are dog tit, human rights are going that way, and all the time it's pumped into the poor populations brain that they're the best, the biggest, have the best life, more developed than other country...etc...etc... while squeezing them to death with no life balance.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I’m so cynical about him suddenly having a cute puppy. I can remember him saying he didn’t like dogs and he was obviously uncomfortable with the ones on TM.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I’m so cynical about him suddenly having a cute puppy. I can remember him saying he didn’t like dogs and he was obviously uncomfortable with the ones on TM.
I don’t think you’re being cynical at all. I think you’re spot on. Unfortunately.

The one I remember from the Viz from the 1990s was 'one-eyed milkman'.

The male euphemisms tend to be more playful and light hearted - I mean sayings like 'tally whacker' and 'point percy at the porcelain' sound almost quaint. As far as I know there's no male equivalent for 'burst couch'. (How DARE a woman be sexually active!).

(I don't hate women, by the way. Female terms tend to be less endearing and more demeaning so I'd agree with that point).
My "purple headed custard-chucker" has to be my favourite.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm delighted that we don't have his unbearably smug face advertising gin, car selling, and other shite any more. Even if you didn't watch a show with him on he was hard to avoid.
The we buy ads with his grinning face uses to make me so angry, especially the one where he was doing yoga or something.

• Sick
The puppy is pure PR. Gives him something to post and be seen out and about on walks with for the paps. I’d put money on him doing an interview saying the puppy gave him a reason to get up in the mornings and get out of the house when that was last thing he felt like doing

• Sick
Reactions: 35
The puppy is pure PR. Gives him something to post and be seen out and about on walks with for the paps. I’d put money on him doing an interview saying the puppy gave him a reason to get up in the mornings and get out of the house when that was last thing he felt like doing
It really gets me how so many horrible people just skate by criticism for their actions by playing the victim.

How long before we get Shofield tearfully pouring his heart out to Dermot on This Morning about how being called out for abusing his power to prey on young men has affected him.

With a #BeKind thrown in for good measure.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
100%. Massive amounts of filler for the Sidebar of Shame.
“Phil 74, rocked a casual look as he played daddy duty to his gorgeous pup. His make up was minimal and his lustrous tresses were styled in a natural yet stylish look. He teamed baggy jeans with an on trend sweatshirt as he ran errands”
Accompanied by pics of Phil looking rough as duck coming out of Starbucks.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
It really gets me how so many horrible people just skate by criticism for their actions by playing the victim.

How long before we get Shofield tearfully pouring his heart out to Dermot on This Morning about how being called out for abusing his power to prey on young men has affected him.

With a #BeKind thrown in for good measure.
Don’t forget ‘ I thought about taking my own life, due to trolls’.

• Sick
Reactions: 20
It's such a deeply divided country now and the extremes of both sides are getting louder and nastier and more aggressive.

Unfortunately, I see signs of the UK gradually following suit.
---

Maybe I'm dense, but I really haven't got the first clue what you're talking about.
I do too especially after reading that Chums book I mentioned on the Politics thread.
The public are getting really pissed off at how we're being treated by the con merchants who are running everything.
I saw something today about psychopaths - don't have empathy and don't feel remorse when they do anything wrong.
That just about sums up the people who are running everything.
They're not daft and know we're mad so they're trying to divert our rage elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Which one of you lot was talking about The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo? Ended up putting it on my Kindle and reading far past my bedtime because it was so good!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.