Secret Celebrity Gossip #161

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Make no mistake, this dinner was made public on purpose. It’s Step1 of the Schofield apology tour in order to rehabilitate him, he’ll be back on our screens for Christmas. A sure fire way to get the public back on side is to have Schofield pictured (and showing all is forgiven) than with a popular, much loved public figure………and it doesn’t get more popular and much loved with the ITV audience than Dec.
Dec is happy to do this,….but I thought he was friends with Holly? Whose career Phil tried spitefully to drag down with his own, when his ship started sinking.
That said, I thought he was friends with Lisa Armstrong and he was happy to duck her over too.
Maybe it’s just his male friends in the industry that Dec is determined to stick by?

• Sick
Reactions: 52
Make no mistake, this dinner was made public on purpose. It’s Step1 of the Schofield apology tour in order to rehabilitate him, he’ll be back on our screens for Christmas. A sure fire way to get the public back on side is to have Schofield pictured (and showing all is forgiven) than with a popular, much loved public figure………and it doesn’t get more popular and much loved with the ITV audience than Dec.
Dec is happy to do this,….but I thought he was friends with Holly? Whose career Phil tried spitefully to drag down with his own, when his ship started sinking.
That said, I thought he was friends with Lisa Armstrong and he was happy to duck her over too.
Maybe it’s just his male friends in the industry that Dec is determined to stick by?
I get the same vibe as there is in Hollywood, where people associate with each other, but aren't necessarily friends (in the way we know it). I guess they all hang around with useful people, or people who know 'where the bodies are buried' so to speak.

Reactions: 16
Imagine looking around the oblong and seeing Dec, Robbie Williams, and Jonathan bloody Wilkes. I'd make my excuses and go searching for a parallelogram populated by sexier options.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I heard, ages ago, that Dec was gay but wouldn’t come out because of his mum’s beliefs. I’m not sure he is, tbh. He does play golf with Johnathon Wilkes though and Jonny was rumoured to be Robbie’s boyfriend at one point.

Reactions: 9
Mine too!!! I love wee Dec but can't stand Ant or Scofield. The company you keep eh!!!

I read that a bit of the interview with Lorrianw Kelly this week saying how difficult it was now for working class kids to get a break into tv.

Scofield, Ant and Dec, Holly and all the rest of them are examples of why it's so hard. They're all friends, so they keep it in the family. You can only get a job if you know them. Hence why Allison Hammond has risen so far.

Nepotism has always been a feature of Showbiz (business in general) but now it really seems to be a closed shop.
Yes, I saw that. She is bang on the money. Didn't Christopher Eccleston say something similar years back? I'm rewatching 'Our Friends in the North', probably the best drama BBC have ever commissioned. No faux 'working class' representation on show, it was raw and honest.

The amount of TV talent, actors, singers all coming from upper/privately educated backgrounds is one thing. But the whole industry seems to be geared towards closing doors and keeping it all inside an inner circle. We saw that for years on ITV, it was only until Ant got sozzled/Simon Cowell's TV shows started underperforming that they decided to diversify their output. Even still, the likes of Holly and Phil were pushed front and centre.

Alison had been on This Morning since 2002, the sad truth is it took the George Floyd death for the producers to take action and diversify their line up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
We had a sex twiglet at uni because it went off in so many different directions 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.