Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought this too, the manic behaviour and the new style which I sort of thought the exact same as you. She did say she drinks two glasses of wine every night, as a sober alco myself I can say that reliance on it is usually not a brilliant sign. but the fact she’s not hiding it probably means she’s comfortable with it so therefore not problematic
Assuming it's two large glasses (so ⅔ of a bottle) that's 49 units of alcohol a week based on the strength of the wine I happen to have in my house. Which might not be problematic but its probably not healthy.

Reactions: 9
I thought this too, the manic behaviour and the new style which I sort of thought the exact same as you. She did say she drinks two glasses of wine every night, as a sober alco myself I can say that reliance on it is usually not a brilliant sign. but the fact she’s not hiding it probably means she’s comfortable with it so therefore not problematic
Sounds bipolar if manic. Things like booze and drugs are often used to mask the behaviour

Reactions: 8
Frank Skinner is an ugly fucker who happened to became famous, and as we all know even famous ugly fuckers see their sexual worth skyrocket. But he come across like a bloke still simmering with resentment over knockbacks he got from pretty girls back in his schooldays.

Reactions: 57
Frank Skinner is an ugly fucker who happened to became famous, and as we all know even famous ugly fuckers see their sexual worth skyrocket. But he come across like a bloke still simmering with resentment over knockbacks he got from pretty girls back in his schooldays.
He just seems a very nasty individual.

Reactions: 27
I really liked his autobiography (Frank Skinner). I think he understood he was a tit but did try and excuse it (I believe he said his ex wife sold stories about how awful he was but that he’d lost his mum and dad in a short period of time and he didn’t cope well with it). However, in the book he’s (at the time) currently breaking up with Caroline Feraday and his own, self-reported behaviour is still pretty crappy. He’s clearly got insight into it all but chooses to continue in that way. Mind you, hasn’t he been married with kids for a while now? Maybe it took him to his 60s to work out how to be decent.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I really liked his autobiography (Frank Skinner). I think he understood he was a tit but did try and excuse it (I believe he said his ex wife sold stories about how awful he was but that he’d lost his mum and dad in a short period of time and he didn’t cope well with it). However, in the book he’s (at the time) currently breaking up with Caroline Feraday and his own, self-reported behaviour is still pretty crappy. He’s clearly got insight into it all but chooses to continue in that way. Mind you, hasn’t he been married with kids for a while now? Maybe it took him to his 60s to work out how to be decent.
I also liked his book, or at least part of it. He was very funny when writing about his childhood and his parents and I identified with a lot of it, growing up working class. It’s been years since I read it though and I agree with people who say he’s a misogynist. There’s a vile account of him visiting a prostitute in there (I think. As I said, it’s been years since I read it).

Reactions: 15
I heard Jane Goldman helped restyle Bros after they got signed and was responsible for the leather jacket, ripped jeans and short hair look. The poodle perms and ruffles has to go!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
He is the same age as her dad. There is a vid in that article of her talking/crying about her dad and the relationship with him. Not hard to see she needs a father figure. Whether the photos show what the DF wants them to show is another matter entirely.

( I am getting more and more cynical the longer I spend on tattle!!)
But a father figure that she is possibly sexually intimate with? It just boggles the mind, but then I suppose that's what psychiatrists are there for...

Reactions: 8
I remember that, and also an interview with David Baddiel when he went on and on about it.
Yeah! As I've mentioned before I stupidly bought a bestselling book by David Baddiel for a younger relative, thinking I was getting him something he'd like, with David and Frank being so popular. Only for him to look at me puzzled next time he saw me, and ask why I had bought him a book about anal sex! 🤷😲😣🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I also liked his book, or at least part of it. He was very funny when writing about his childhood and his parents and I identified with a lot of it, growing up working class. It’s been years since I read it though and I agree with people who say he’s a misogynist. There’s a vile account of him visiting a prostitute in there (I think. As I said, it’s been years since I read it).
Yes, he’s a very good writer. I also really enjoy his Poetry Podcast. That doesn’t mean I think he’s a great person. I think the pendulum has swung so far recently what is deemed acceptable behaviour - and rightly so - that a lot of ‘jokey bloke’ from the 70s, 80s and 90s is pretty horrifying to us now. His argument is that in the telling of the stories, the women are the sophisticated worldly types and he’s the silly idiot. Missing the bit where just the telling of the story is demeaning.

Reactions: 12
Interesting how he's getting a divorce at this time, also... hmmm. tit about to hit the fan?
I get that Rebel Wilson supposedly has a history of being histrionic or maybe even economical with the truth (going by previous comments about her, which I'm not aware of the specifics) but the timing (of Sacha Baron Cohen's split with his wife) suggest there may be something to it?

Being not a very nice individual yourself and being sexually harassed are not mutually exclusive. Nor does that mean you're to blame, you deserve it, or are automatically a liar. Also, the 'mobile phone footage' being used as evidence (recent DM story) that she consented to the 'fingers up the bum' scene may have been done under duress? She's an actress, after all.

(These are all just guesses, I suppose we'll just have to see how it pans out...)

The DM comments are - annoying - to read. I can get not liking a particular celebrity but there's a strong whiff of 'don't believe the woman' about many of them (and yeah, the 'joke' about her really being Matt Lucas isn't funny when you read it for the 1000th time) which just makes me sad.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Yeah! As I've mentioned before I stupidly bought a bestselling book by David Baddiel for a younger relative, thinking I was getting him something he'd like, with David and Frank being so popular. Only for him to look at me puzzled next time he saw me, and ask why I had bought him a book about anal sex! 🤷😲😣🙄
I feel sorry for his wife. She’s out there doing the voices for practically every cartoon character going and must be the breadwinner while he’s waxing lyrical about anal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Not a fan of Rebel Wilson and I agree with the comments that she's a bit off but then I remind myself she was a large framed women working in an environment where a woman is defined by her dress size and how that must have been very toxic at times. Add in that she was working on certain types of films where that laddish culture was probably dominant and she was, as the token fat girl, a figure of fun and I understand her a bit more.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I heard Jane Goldman helped restyle Bros after they got signed and was responsible for the leather jacket, ripped jeans and short hair look. The poodle perms and ruffles has to go!
I like Jane. She presented a tv show once about paranormal stuff and she came across as really likeable. She’s also an excellent screenwriter. I think she was involved in Kick Ass (the first one), Stardust, the X men prequels and The Kingsmen (? that one with the guy who played Elton John. Sorry cba to look them up 🤣). I would have been interested in seeing her Game Of Thrones prequel which got cancelled as well.

Reactions: 23
Reading about the BBC cutting so many programmes I’m genuinely baffled why Mrs Browns Boys is still going? I’ve never seen anyone say they love it be that in person or online, even anonymously. What is the reason it’s still on the TV?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 109
I am really really fond of Frank Skinner, saw him live recently and love his radio show. I am well aware he is a ‘git’ (pretty sure that’s why I like him so much, I am strongly drawn to obnoxious men🤦‍♀️) his radio show persona is more my speed nowadays and he seems to have softened a bit with age. I loved his stand up and the first book, but not sure if I’d laugh as much now. The culture when he was at his peak was super mysoginistic. Even a lot of women didn’t realise they were being condescended to and enabling the bad male behaviours at the time. We’ve come a long way in a few decades. I took a lot of what he said with a pinch of salt but I can imagine he was pretty terrible to women in real life , I hope that he’s mellowed with age. He can’t help but make a joke of things and has a dark humour where sex is concerned so I think that doesn’t help his reputation

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.