Secret Celebrity Gossip #153

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whenever self and partner are watching a quiz, and it's something to do with popular music, we always say TS. It's often right. She's everywhere, and I am pretty sure I couldn't hum even one of her songs.
The haterz gonna hate one is my limit.

I’m sure, going by how nuts people are going for tickets, she must put on a decent show.

Reactions: 5
Whenever self and partner are watching a quiz, and it's something to do with popular music, we always say TS. It's often right. She's everywhere, and I am pretty sure I couldn't hum even one of her songs.
You‘ve reminded me of this classic Nick Cave quote.

1707745547644.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
I only know one TS song, thanks to Mrs Weredoomed for pointing it out. It’s sung by the pig in the film Sing, so that’s what I now associate TS with.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is from the BBC News piece about his Superbowl half time show. Someone is wanking over Usher:

"The fact that ballads were blended so seamlessly with club anthems gave Usher moments to catch his breath, as well as show off his vocal prowess and, crucially, take his shirt off.
But even when performing two of his most famous slow jams, Burn and U Got It Bad, Usher couldn't stand still - jerking his body to the rhythm and commanding the attention of an entire stadium."
It would be preferable to wanking under Usher I guess…….

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
She's got to ditch him after that, surely? Appalling behaviour.

ETA that was about that Travis chap but it applies to Usher too, natch.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Do NFL matches go on for over 3 hours? The news said it kicked off at 11.30 our time then I woke up in the night and it was still going 3 and a half hours later.
This is the one thing I can't stand about American sports. So many breaks. American football is seemingly about the execution, stats and set up play. So the real action lasts something like 11 mins.

I guess audiences are used to that and the constant commercials.

Interested to see who'll be the next halftime show pick. Usher would've been great...if it was 2010.

I'll give it five months before Taylor breaks up with Travis.

Reactions: 14
I can’t watch a lot of American Ghost hunting tv shows for that reason. It’s ten minutes of what’s coming up then adverts. Then a recap of the first ten minutes even though they were only telling us what was coming up. More adverts. Another recap of nothing. Adverts. 2 minutes of content. Adverts then another recap. Along with the internet, it’s no wonder our attention spans are shrinking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
When football (soccer) became popular in the States they tried to introduce more breaks to keep advertisers happy. It was a hard no from the FA.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This is the one thing I can't stand about American sports. So many breaks. American football is seemingly about the execution, stats and set up play. So the real action lasts something like 11 mins.

Interested to see who'll be the next halftime show pick. Usher would've been great...if it was 2010.

I'll give it five months before Taylor breaks up with Travis.
I went to an Anaheim Angels baseball game a few years ago. The stadium manager happened to be in the club shop, heard us speaking very Northern English and treated other half and I like royalty with hefty store discounts etc. Assume they didn't get many English at the games.

Anyway, I digress, as much as I enjoyed it, it was odd. I used to be a season ticket holder at my local football club so went a lot of games, but this seemed less about what was happening on the field and more about the social aspect of it. People gathered with their backs to the game chatting away, the food....so much food. It was like the baseball was secondary to it all.
There were pockets of fans who were really watching and into it but everyone else was just eating, drinking and chatting.

I'd absolutely go again though, if nothing else for the baseball cap full of nachos 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I can’t understand why NBA isn’t more popular in the U.K? Whenever I go down to the local park there are always groups of young men playing basketball.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I went to an Anaheim Angels baseball game a few years ago. The stadium manager happened to be in the club shop, heard us speaking very Northern English and treated other half and I like royalty with hefty store discounts etc. Assume they didn't get many English at the games.

Anyway, I digress, as much as I enjoyed it, it was odd. I used to be a season ticket holder at my local football club so went a lot of games, but this seemed less about what was happening on the field and more about the social aspect of it. People gathered with their backs to the game chatting away, the food....so much food. It was like the baseball was secondary to it all.
There were pockets of fans who were really watching and into it but everyone else was just eating, drinking and chatting.

I'd absolutely go again though, if nothing else for the baseball cap full of nachos 😂
I’d love to go to a game like baseball, basketball etc in America because I bet it’s an experience.

Reactions: 7
I’d love to go to a game like baseball, basketball etc in America because I bet it’s an experience.
It absolutely is!
I went to look at the SF Giants Stadium once too, it wasn't a game day, but again, as soon as they realised we were English we were invited in and given a tour. I'm guessing very few English in the US have much of an interest.
I do like baseball though, much more than American Football. Next time I'm over that way I'd like to try and catch an Anaheim Ducks game.

Reactions: 6
I can’t understand why NBA isn’t more popular in the U.K? Whenever I go down to the local park there are always groups of young men playing basketball.
I suspect that being seen as too American is a part of it. Basketball is a lot more popular in Europe (in Spain some of the top football teams also have basketball teams in their league, Real Madrid most famously).

This does also remind me that there have been cases where the last 2 minutes of an NBA game have lasted almost as long in real time as the previous 46, because of how the strategies end up playing out.

I do love American Football, but it is in a lot of ways ludicrous. The closet comparison is to Rugby League.

Reactions: 5
With American sports I like that in baseball you have the ‘World Series’ but it involves only one country 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I wouldn’t say basketball is anymore American than NFL, yet that does have a following. There are even an American football teams here in the U.K, both men’s and women’s. Basketball is probably more accessible and affordable, most sports hall are set up to play it, there are basket ball courts in parks and yet it doesn’t have any grass roots development here. I’m prepared to be told im wrong.

Reactions: 3
Edward Enninful has been in the news this week as his last issue of Vogue goes on sale tomorrow and there's loads of famous women on the cover.
Edward blocked me on instagram a few years ago. At the time, there was an article on the Guardian's instagram page about him claiming to have been racially profiled on his way into the Vogue office, and as a result the security guard was fired. I made a comment that said something like: instead of firing the guy and potentially causing his family to lose their home and/or main source of income perhaps Edward could have tried to educate him by paying for some kind of unconscious bias training or something. That was it. Didn’t tag him or anything.

so he can go and duck himself.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Edward Enninful has been in the news this week as his last issue of Vogue goes on sale tomorrow and there's loads of famous women on the cover.
Edward blocked me on instagram a few years ago. At the time, there was an article on the Guardian's instagram page about him claiming to have been racially profiled on his way into the Vogue office, and as a result the security guard was fired. I made a comment that said something like: instead of firing the guy and potentially causing his family to lose their home and/or main source of income perhaps Edward could have tried to educate him by paying for some kind of unconscious bias training or something. That was it. Didn’t tag him or anything.

so he can go and duck himself.
THIS is the tea I’m here for. This. Right here.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.