Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sea

VIP Member
Or the John Lewis Christmas advert. Fucking gets my goat it does.

I'm glad JL haven't done that for that last couple of years because there were songs sung by female singers like that that were released and a blatant attempt to be picked for their Christmas advert IMO.

Couldn't tell you the songs though, it's all crap in the charts now.
Blame Lily Allen for the JL ones

If I hear Britney Spears "hit me baby one more time" edgily indified by a bearded bloke and his guitar, or ethereally sung by a sienna Miller lookalike wearing cowboy boots or converse trainers😬

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

ItsDatCuw

VIP Member
That has happened to 90% of teenage girls.Hurtful at the time,not heartbreaking.
It can be heartbreaking - not just hurtful, in my experience - especially to the teenagers who are experiencing it at the time. Situations and events like that are a large part of their entire world.
---
It’s not heartbreaking. It’s part and parcel of growing up. Teenage girls can be absolute hell. They froze her out which is upsetting, but compared to some bullying at my school, it’s really not a big deal (depressing but true)
I guess we disagree on what’s heartbreaking and what isn’t but as far as I’m concerned, it very much is. Negative experiences from your teenage years can stay with you for a long time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Multi-21

VIP Member
Disgraceful☹ everyone should be entitled to keep their medical conditions private - who was forcing his hand I wonder- wishing him all the best - we are cycling fans in our house he seems like a great guy.
This makes me so angry that they clearly said to him ‘if you don’t reveal it we will’
What gives them the right to issue an ultimatum like that? It’s no one’s business and not for them to decide who gets told or when. What if it was their family being threatened like that 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 35

MrsFawlty

Chatty Member
Im sick to death of hearing about her divorce. I know she's managed to get enough material.for an album out of it but shes gone from someone who wouldnt even confirm they were married or the sex of her kids to telling us every dirty detail
She was on Radio 2 this morning in the Piano Room slot, talking about her divorce (yawn) in her highly irritating baby voice. I've not been able to listen to her songs since I realised that she sounds exactly like a female version of Vic Reeves' Pub Singer.

• Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Mitch is a fucking disgrace of a parent. We might all mither about the Instagram lot, and the way they treat their kids, but his own daughter is gone and he's still violating her for what she's worth to him. Wasn't he in New York on tour when she collapsed? Because anyone gave a shite about him without her.
Didn't he relaunch his own 'singing' career of the back of hers? Really, really, dislike that man.

Carefree

VIP Member
Unsolicited dick pics are the modern equivalent of the flashers in macs from the past. It's vile and upsetting so whilst I have sympathy for Geri being caught unawares, he's clearly an egoist with no regard for others.

• Sick

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I know people who watch NFL so there is an audience in the U.K. but it’s still very niche, I think a lot of people struggle to take it seruously here because to be Frank rugby players do all of that stuff without any of that ridiculous padding or helmets (NFL evolved from rugby in the early 1900’s before anyone starts).

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
With American sports I like that in baseball you have the ‘World Series’ but it involves only one country 😂

• Haha

Mark81

VIP Member
I don't feel sorry for these celebrities and outing of their cancer diagnosis, cause if they wanted publicity for a project or god forbid just to make some money they would publicise it themselves quick as.

I think that could be fair for certain celebs, but I wouldn't put it as a blanket rule. Especially someone like Chris Hoy

Reactions: 34
I thought the wording of the family statement was a little strange too . "It is with deep sorrow and profound regret ..." Regret is an interesting choice of word. Like a sense that they failed to do something.

I'm not one for conspiracy but the wording being used is a little odd.

I just really hope we're all wrong with this.
That's exactly what made me suspect yesterday. I too hope we're wrong.

A close friend of my parent's died by suicide last night/today. It was a horrible shock. I hate to think of people suffering alone with their thoughts.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34