Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sea

VIP Member
I’m amazed by that Reddit thread. I always thought the Joan Collins poster was full of it, but no one else said anything, so I thought it was just me. Turns out, according to that thread that a few people suspect JCFC and MM were one and the same.
Remember Caprice is a man because JCfc had seen the passport 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 32

House of Tea

VIP Member
When Linda Robson was in rehab and disappeared for almost a year, the media kept quiet. Wonder why some get protected?

• Haha
  • Wow

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I’ve never seen so many sycophantic twats in one stadium
Yeah, you’re not telling me Beyonce and Lady Gaga actually give any kind of shit about the sport. They’re just there to see and be seen. I also read that TS’s viewing box cost 1million dollars (i was going to just write ‘box’ there but realised it could’ve been misconstrued). That’s an absolutely obscene amount of money.

• Wow
  • Haha

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
The issue with Britney was that the conservatorship was quite possibly necessary, but it ended up being all kinds of dodgy and was rightly fucked off by the court. Which leads to a situation where its probably still necessary, but no one will dare actually argue for it.
I find her weird dancing-at-home videos really disturbing and wish someone could step up for her as she clearly needs help.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Radio 2 treated Steve and Ken Bruce appallingly. Steve had the highest radio listenership in Europe, and Ken is just god as far as I’m concerned.
Ken left of his own accord and Steve wasn't sacked he was just moved though I do think R2 may have regretted that because Steve was being given more shows.

They did go a bit mad with the moving of the old guard though. Don Black and Paul O'Grady a prime example of fixing something that wasn't broke and yet they'll persevere with someone like Zoe Ball.

• Heart

angelfizz

I’m on Wegovy- I’m on the low dose now of 0.5mg. Apparently it goes up to 2.4mg which is absolutely crazy as I can’t think about eating much food at the moment. Unfortunately I’ve got endometriosis and PCOS which has made it incredibly hard to lose any weight. I bet Kelly and her mum have the higher dose which is why they look so awful. It’s no fun being on it but it’s my last hope and seems to be coming off slowly as I’m being sensible.

• Heart
  • Angry

Bootsy Sloppins

Do teenagers listen to any Radio, let alone Radio 1? Most of the presenters are in their mid 30s, Greg is 38, I love him but do teenagers get some of his cultural references and he's absolute obsession with Gregg Wallace, Ainsley Harriott, cricket and ducks?
👋 occasionally check in here when I want to get the ☕ on celebs in the news so popped in to see what was happening with Jordan North.

I'm absolutely not the demographic for R1 but really enjoyed that show. I switch from 6 Music to Radio 2 to Radio 1 every weekday in that order, purely for the presenters.

I honestly think mainstream radio is a bit fucked and they have no idea what to do with it at the moment. A few years ago (probably well over a decade) Radio 1 had an active push to get rid of people like me and focus entirely on the under 25s. But things have changed so much since then, with Spotify and Apple Music, radio is now redundant for a lot of people. I don't think the bosses know what to do with the playlists when you can get absolutely anything you want with no interruptions and switch from k-pop to Murder on the Dancefloor. Influences come from so many places (TikTok, old films randomly popular on Netflix, your dad's records) they can't be predicted or managed.

So this leaves mainstream radio pretty much redundant in terms of leading trends (just look at the hot mess 6 Music has become) and popularity of shows is about popularity of presenters, which is why I channel hop all day.

Playlists on all channels tend to be pretty safe and appeal to a wide audience (apart from Mary Anne Hobbs who gets away with playing the most godawful shite which is why I switch over when she comes on) so it's about personalities. And if the personalities pull in listeners I don't think the bosses care how old the listeners are anymore. Scott Mills said R1 offered him a new contract before he moved to R2 and he's 50.

There's clearly a lot of experimenting going on and they're making mistakes in getting rid of some popular presenters. I just don't think they have any idea what to do, it's all unprecedented and the lines can't be drawn as neatly between demographics as they could even as recently as five years ago.

I do agree with the person who said Jordan North is probably being primed for breakfast though, that was my first thought. Prove his mettle on Capital then make a big comeback when Greg announces he's leaving. Big news, lots of media coverage to bring in the listeners.

(Edited multiple times for many typos!)

(And editing again to say sorry, should probably have read to the end of the thread before jumping in and repeating stuff!)

Last edited:

FrannyGallops

VIP Member
I guess audiences are used to that and the constant commercials.
I can’t watch a lot of American Ghost hunting tv shows for that reason. It’s ten minutes of what’s coming up then adverts. Then a recap of the first ten minutes even though they were only telling us what was coming up. More adverts. Another recap of nothing. Adverts. 2 minutes of content. Adverts then another recap. Along with the internet, it’s no wonder our attention spans are shrinking.

• Haha
  • Heart

Mycatismad

VIP Member
Nothing about her annoys me more than the way she constantly poses in general with her mouth open.
Her fringe and lipstick really annoy me - and she’s literally everywhere constantly!

Last edited:
  • Haha

PeteM

VIP Member
Gregg's always struck me as a pervert. I have no info on whether he is or not, but the leering faces he pulls when looking at some of the contestants' dishes does lead me to believe that he probably does take some of the food home and shag it.

• Haha
  • Sick

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Does anyone give a shit about the Super Bowl in the UK? Maybe I’m underestimating the interest but I couldn’t give less of a toss if I tried even with all the celebs that attend. Don’t know anything about American football and I’m already bored of seeing photos of Swift and her brick shithouse of boyfriend.
ITV where running ad's for it and it's all over the media. Fuck off trying to make it a thing in UK!!! No one cares apart from the fun adverts and Alicia Keys singing badly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31