Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JSquared

VIP Member
Article in the Mail saying TS will soon distance herself from him.

Is his partying after winning the Super Bowl really a reason to distance herself from him? Not defending him here but it doesn’t sound like he goes out and parties every weekend

Reactions: 5

dee_mc

VIP Member
Is this Greg Wallace , Usher or Brooklyn 😁 could apply to all of them .
I'm almost certain the poster I replied to was talking about Brooklyn.
Can't imagine Greggg being good at any job
I'd forgotten all about Usher - hadn't hear his name in 15 or 20 years - but for some reason I always thought he was British!
---
Look, Usher might be riddled but he still has talents!
Wait what did I miss, how do we know he's riddled?

Multi-21

VIP Member
The statement is a bit vague, I think the timing is peculiar too, with the death of Steve Wright and the rumblings and criticism of how badly he, Bruce, O'Grady were treated.

Jordan North is also popular and successful - his show was competent. So he's either done something and got sacked, or he's leaving for pastures new. I cant just see it as them moving him on to Radio 2 or something.

Radio 1 is in danger of being seen as a posh boys\girls club with the addition of Laing - you already have Greg James wanging on about cricket half the time and Matt and Molly Jolly Hockeysticks larrrfing together on the weekend.
Off to Capital for a load more cash by the sounds of things. Maybe he gets more freedom for his own off air ventures and content. I think Chris Stark went with a brief to come up with more of the content then for his on air presence so maybe he helped to bring Jordan over.
Interesting that he is going the other way from Vick who came to radio 1 from Capital breakfast

Baconbutties

VIP Member
Jordan Norths dream is the radio 1 breakfast show (mentioned many a time on radio 1) and it seems like he’s been moulded to take over for when Greg leaves. It all seems a bit suss and they’ve lost a listener in me as I love the Vick and Jordan show.
I loved Jordan when he was on Rock FM. He's a brilliant DJ

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I had to look up how old he was on M-M show as he was looking so much like his son - he is 52 - bloody hell he is a good looking guy for that age. His singing wasn't brilliant but Tony Hadley said that when he was on there he had no time to have a warm up and just had to go on there and sing "cold" but had been singing a couple of days earlier and said he was OK but I think Chesney hadn't had much of a warm up. He does seem like a lovely bloke.
Ricky Wilson was brilliant. Maybe it was because he'd just come from the his radio show so his voice was a bit exercised?

L3moning

VIP Member
Wholeheartedly agree, used to be such a big 6 music fan, now I barely listen. Miss Keaveney so much, Craig Charles just isn't it. Radmac and Riley getting pushed aside as well, it's just shite now. Hobbs gives me the utter rage.
I don't mind Mary-Anne Hobbs sometimes, but Lauren Laverne is still better. Gideon Coe not having his own show is annoying, mostly because Marc Riley can be annoying. Radcliffe and Maconie are okay separately, but together they get on my nerves.

I don't mind Huw Stephens, but Steve Lamacq only having one show a week is not good.

FreeSquirrels

I went to see 2:22 at the theatre last Friday. It had Jay McGuinness from The Wanted in it. Now I’m old, I didn’t have a clue who he was and with a gun to my head I couldn’t name you one song by The Wanted, but to be fair to the lad, he was quite good in his role!
I met him a few weeks ago and he was really nice - very friendly.

Whenever self and partner are watching a quiz, and it's something to do with popular music, we always say TS. It's often right. She's everywhere, and I am pretty sure I couldn't hum even one of her songs.
The haterz gonna hate one is my limit.

I’m sure, going by how nuts people are going for tickets, she must put on a decent show.

Salacious

Chatty Member
Just watched "the greatest night of pop" on netflix - fab insight with all these American superstars..forget vogue and its 40!
I love that upon entering the recording studio, the musicians were greeted by a sign pinned to the door which read

il_570xN.2347154678_lbul.jpg

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
This is the one thing I can't stand about American sports. So many breaks. American football is seemingly about the execution, stats and set up play. So the real action lasts something like 11 mins.

I guess audiences are used to that and the constant commercials.

Interested to see who'll be the next halftime show pick. Usher would've been great...if it was 2010.

I'll give it five months before Taylor breaks up with Travis.
She'll probably marry him and have kids to spite you now! 😁

• Haha