Secret Celebrity Gossip #143

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
P Diddy has settled his lawsuit. It doesn't say how much the settlement was but I bet it was a few million. This screams to me that P Diddy has something to hide and he didn't want it to be revealed in court
Eight figure sum apparently.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Haha, I teach at uni too and I agree with you at this moment in time. But trust me, there’s a storm a coming.
---

I know 14 year olds who can’t tie their own shoelaces. It’s common place now that they can’t tell the time by looking at a clock.
I think younger generations have a bad reputation.

We have this standard in out minds of what they should know compared to our own experiences. It annoys me that my own children can't tell the time on an analogue clock. Ive tried all of their lives...we have a clock in the kitchen.....However they live in a digital world! They will never need to queue in a bank to cash a cheque. All their home work is online so no homework diary.

The kids I know are kind, thoughtful questioning about the world. I don't think we are in auch a bad state.

The key is teaching them that life is beyond a screen, that's the real danger to the future!

But they are growing up in a different world

Not celeb gossip I know but thought can't pass without adding my 2p worth!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
He has abhorrent opinions.

He is fascist scum.

He is a grifter.

He has caused so much damage to the UK due to fearmongering and despicable racism.

duck ITV and duck Ant and Dec for giving him a platform and the publicity this bleep so desperately craves.

Being fatally bitten by a spider would be too good for him.

Wish that plane crash he was in had had a different outcome.
Don't hold back now, say what you really think! I am sure he will make good tv, which is what ITV want. I've never watched this show and never will so it makes no difference to me who's on it but I don't think he's any better or worse than others who have been on it over the years.

Reactions: 8
Don't hold back now, say what you really think! I am sure he will make good tv, which is what ITV want. I've never watched this show and never will so it makes no difference to me who's on it but I don't think he's any better or worse than others who have been on it over the years.
It depends on the definition of good TV, the bloke makes my skin crawl and most people I know feel the same, him being on the programme makes me far less likely to watch

Reactions: 11
my observation of Gen Z (I’m in my thirties which I guess makes me a millennial?)

is that they aren’t a generation of people focused on self so much as they aren’t as willing to take crap as much. Especially the women and girls. They are calling men out who grope them in public, calling out inappropriate behaviour in the workplace, leaving bad relationships sooner. They are demanding fairer treatment at work or leaving. It’s like social media networks have empowered them to stand up for themselves in ways people haven’t before. I’m all for it, I’d wish I’d been like that more in my younger days.

I took so much crap from men, laughed off uncomfortable experiences, because of internalised misogyny that made me convince myself I should be flattered by any attention from men. That I should prioritise not making them uncomfortable at my expense.

and the young men feel much less sexist and misogynistic. It still happens, inevitably - but it feels like gen z boys and men aren’t being squeamish about body hair or periods as much. They are more emotionally intelligent. They know what consent is as a concept which, when I was at school/Uni - I don’t think many boys did. At all.

if you teach at a school, then you’re surrounded by teens. Maybe they come across as idiots to you, but most teenagers are idiots. That doesn’t mean they won’t grow to be fully functioning adults.
Absolutely. The amount of skeevy treatment I laughed off or shrugged my shoulders about is unreal. Men in work making comments about my tits, boyfriends who kept trying it on constantly after I said no. That was just the expectation and as gils we were shamed if we gave in to the coercion.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Yet people still tuned in when Boy George was on.
He's obviously done sone terrible stuff, the worst of which he was convicted for. Farage is on another level, he's just repulsive and has been the catalyst for a lot of harm and division in this country by stoking hatred and that is the sole reason we know him.

Reactions: 27
I know someone who gave up after 20+ years and it triggered off a whole major mental health episode….I was really shocked by all the withdrawal effects as weed is always played out as a bit harmless and should be legalised.
The withdrawal effects from alcohol for habitual users and addicts is much worse than weed and Alcohol is legal.

Reactions: 7
It’s crazy, I’ve seen on social media some of her fans are saying it was a long time ago and he was young when he said those things (fair enough), but some (not all!) of her fans are then also not only defending, but downplaying the things that he said, acting like he’s some adorable puppy.

It’s so weird. It’s like if they’re a fan of hers they have to love everything, even dumb things like that, connected to her.
This is literally why I call myself a fan of Taylor, not a Swiftie. (And I really am a fan - see my username for starters!)

I am absolutely convinced Swifties are a literal cult. They worship her and love literally everything she puts out with no questions asked - and God forbid you have a different opinion to theirs! Also, they (at least the Twitter Swifties) do not like any other female artist they consider even slightly a threat to Taylor's success, and it literally makes my toes curl with embarrassment.

Reactions: 13
I wonder if this person has inside info? It wasnt a cure only forum, and nothing has been said on twitter that I have seen either
did you see the twillight sad had to drop out due to illnesses too?
the crew has had their luggage lost.
there have been venue changes.
it seems a bit cursed...
no tbh I did hear about the Twilight Sad but not really interested in them. Found them appallingly awful the first time they were inflicted on me at Cureation. Hadn't actually heard the rest... If you do hear anything.. try n get the goss on Simon's son who appears to be with a woman who is not his wife
---
Some of the pupils in my AS class could be violent, and they were mostly in the 10-12 age group so big kids some of them. I recall one afternoon narrowly avoiding a chair to the head thrown by one boy having a meltdown. By that point I think I’d become so desensitised to it all I found myself laughing to myself. The schools motto was ‘aim high’. He did and the irony wasn’t lost.

When being battered and bruised became the norm rather than exception I walked away from it all and no longer work in schools. I think I’d still take that over secondary though.
I was coming back on the tube from my pervious job at nights and regularly saw kids acting up at extreme levels and doing things like pushing each other out the door at train stations etc and hanging from the roofs in carriages. They were all aged at like the lower end of the secondary scale. Just where are they getting this from?
---
I like The 1975 but Matt really does comes across most of the time as a prick.
i'm not going to say anything about the fact i dreamt about him last night.. i blame you lot. to his credit he was being a nice guy

Last edited:
I was born in the 80s and the only reason I knew about him was my mum is a massive fan, especially of the Ziggy years. A lot of my friends had no clue who he was which I think was down to the fact he stopped releasing stuff meant for the charts in the 90s and instead did stuff he wanted to do and experimented knowing it would only be for a select audience. Then he stopped touring and recording in the early 00s because he got ill and most seemed to think that was it for him and he was more or less seen as a nostalgia thing. That was why it was such a huge shock when he brought out The Next Day in 2013. No one knew it was coming and even the media who usually heard whispers didn't have a clue until the press release was sent out.
yes but the same goes for a lot of artists.. they and their old stuff get played on the radio/ tv etc people talk about them as influences etc.. i would have thought most ppl have heard of artists like U2 Queen Madonna Elton etc . these ppl are huge globally and the sort of acts people who arent even music fans have heard of

Reactions: 5
I completely forgot that you could do that! lol 😂
It was my favourite bit of the show, after Morph!
---
Don’t worry, I’m uni staff, and by the time they reach us they’re all absolutely lovely kids. I have TREMENDOUS faith in younger generations.
I have one at uni and one in 4th year at school. The eldest has had part time jobs for more than two years. She’s never missed a shift and has a large fish bowl sized jar in her bedroom full of all the tips she gets, there is hundreds in there! A customer tipped her nearly 200 quid a few weeks ago. The youngest is what they call a “neek” and proud of it… I had to ask what that was and apparently it’s a cross between a nerd and a geek. The group of neeks compete with each other to get the best test results in school….both outclass me as a young person.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Yes.

*post too short*
What is up with that? This one student does it without fail every lecture - he’s about 19/20. I can’t figure out if it’s because I’m a younger woman and he’s taking the piss/being sexist/misogynistic, or if he’s just enjoying the lecture. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.