Secret Celebrity Gossip #141

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ciaran is often pronounced like this in Ireland
Yep I agree, it’s correctly spelled Ciarán, and in Irish (like most other languages) á is pronounced “aww”, so in my dialect at least, I’d say Kee-rawn.
mind you I heard some absolute howlers.

Lads, the Met Office in Dublin does have telephones to doublecheck the pronunciation…and I know the BBC has a few paddies squirreled away somewhere they could ask, including in the news room. Like, how many dramas did poor Ciarán Hinds suffer through for them?! 😂

Roll on Storms Damhnait, Eibhilín, Fachnadh and Gormflaith 😂
---
The Guardian have a different take on it Noel Clarke legal action against Guardian suffers high court setback | Noel Clarke | The Guardian
I did read the Mail article they were wise to turn comments OFF.
Very interesting. When the allegations surfaced I really didn’t want to believe them as I was a fan.
Then he gave an interview, telling his own side (can’t remember with whom), and, um, if I was skeptical before I wasn’t after! 😬

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Unpopular opinion but it’s lazy that news presenters don’t know how to pronounce Irish names properly. It shouldn’t be that difficult.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Unpopular opinion but it’s lazy that news presenters don’t know how to pronounce Irish names properly. It shouldn’t be that difficult.
Hard agree. And if it were names from countries other than Ireland I feel more effort would be made.

Reactions: 23
51 is quite an age to have a natural pregnancy isn't it? I admire the fact that she and her husband David Mitchell keep their private lives under wraps. Barbara and June though, their daughters, sound like two 1950's schoolgirls.
My gut says possibly they had some help like IVF. But as others say its not unheard of, could of been a surprise pregnancy! I've shared on here before that I tried over 10 years for another baby. As I've gotten closer to 50, my husband & I use birth control on advicefrom my GP. I'm not sure I could handle sleepless nights now. But good on them, we are massive Only Connect fans in this house

• Heart
Reactions: 17
When the heck did that happen to Johnny Depp’s teeth??

On the topic of Ciarán, fellow Irish people will know the annoyance of hearing people pronounce - usually in movies - Samhain as SAM HAIN like it’s some guy’s name 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When the heck did that happen to Johnny Depp’s teeth??

On the topic of Ciarán, fellow Irish people will know the annoyance of hearing people pronounce - usually in movies - Samhain as SAM HAIN like it’s some guy’s name 🤣
Booze fags and drugs over the years.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Or a menopause baby. Many ladies get caught out thinking their periods have finally stopped and turns out it's a pregnancy.

I am her age and the idea of having a teenager in the house when I'm 70 puts the fear of god in me. Best contraception ever.
Even if you have a baby in your forties, you‘re 60 with a teenager in the house! (like me). However I hope she doesn’t get a load of flak for being an older mum, when Al Pacino is a dad again at 83! - although Victoria will have lots of help with a nanny etc.

Reactions: 15
I think lots of eyebrows are raised by their relationship origin story (it's weird AF!) but the French pride themselves on being determinedly unshockable when it comes to matters sexual and romantic.
Nah, we think it's bleeping weird. Never met someone who didn't call Brigitte Macron a pedophile or abuser when the subject comes up. It's why she isn't as much in the public eye as other première dames.

The problem is there is not much anybody can do: they are married, they are thick as thieves (she is very much involve in his politic decisions) and it was 20 years ago. It's more resignation than acceptance (or proud :sick: )

If it makes people feel better, most people think that Brigitte is Macron's beard. A few years ago, the rumor was that he was in a relationship with the CEO of one of our radio. edit: Radio France

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Nah, we think it's bleeping weird. Never met someone who didn't call Brigitte Macron a pedophile or abuser when the subject comes up. It's why she isn't as much in the public eye as other première dames.

The problem is there is not much anybody can do: they are married, they are thick as thieves (she is very much involve in his politic decisions) and it was 20 years ago. It's more resignation than acceptance (or proud :sick: )

If it makes people feel better, most people think that Brigitte is Macron's beard. A few years ago, the rumor was that he was in a relationship with the CEO of one of our radio.
CEO of one of our radio?

I’m 52, had my last baby 24 years ago, and this has bigtime put the fear up me. Which I swear is the only thing that will ever go up me ever, ever again. Ever. Good on her, though.
I had my last baby 5 years ago aged 45. Total surprise. My eldest child is 23.
I don’t even let my husband wink at me these days…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I knew a woman a few years back who accidentally got pregnant at 51, and had her son at 52 - he was perfectly healthy and she had no pregnancy complications at all. She was studying for a degree at the time so she was more shocked than anyone 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
But good on them, we are massive Only Connect fans in this house
Same here, love our BBC2 Monday nights.
I do dislike those hideous cream court shoes she wears with almost everything and her wardrobe choices are questionable given she must get a wardrobe budget.

I await seeing her blossom at the connecting wall.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.