Secret Celebrity Gossip #115

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Leo DiCaprio also. He looks horrendous now.
I was a huge Leo fan as a young teenager. Romeo and Juliet/Titanic era. I remember one of those teenage magazines at the time did an article on teen heart-throb types and how they would age. It was suggested that Leo would morph into Marlon Brando as he aged.
I was scandalized at the time, but can totally see it now. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I read somewhere that when she was struggling in the late 70s and early 80s and desperate for work, doing tv quiz shows etc, Rod Stewart properly supported and promoted her so she could get back into singing. For all his nonsense I have respect for him for that.
I’ve just had an email from Rod Stewart himself asking me if I want to buy a bottle of Wolfie’s whisky. I’m not sure why he sent it because I’m all about the gin. Sorry Rod. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don't watch daytime TV but I switched off You Tube and left the TV on playing in the background whilst doing my paperwork. I kept getting distracted by the TV wondering what the hell was going on.
It was called Steph's Packed Lunch . The only thing I can say about it is WTF!!! She deserves a medal. Cat in headlights comes to mind. I might have to watch it again to see WTF was going on. 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm getting the impression Anna Maxwell Martin is a very nice person. I think she'd make a good presenter on a daytime show rather than being a fill in.

Reactions: 14
I'm getting the impression Anna Maxwell Martin is a very nice person. I think she'd make a good presenter on a daytime show rather than being a fill in.
She was filming in my city a few months ago and every account I heard was that she was absolutely lovely. My husband HATES her though. It’s nothing personal, it’s just he can’t look at her now because her character was such a witch in ‘line of duty’ that it’s all he sees whenever she’s on tv. The mark of a great actress surely!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Not sure if this thread can be for general chatter about celebs, but I was reading about what piers morgan is earning on talk tv. Apparently last year he became UK's highest paid journalist. He's earning £50m for a three year contract with news corp. I dunno if this is old news as i don't often follow Piers news, but wow he's raking it in. How the heck did he become so highly paid? Is he really THAT good? :oops:

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Outrage for cash is very profitable. It's always been a core element of Murdoch's business model.

Reactions: 25
Outrage for cash is very profitable. It's always been a core element of Murdoch's business model.
Very true. it seems to be the way these days. I was shocked at how one journalist/presenter can be worth that amount of money. That's like a-list actor/musician type money. The mind boggles.

Reactions: 5
She was filming in my city a few months ago and every account I heard was that she was absolutely lovely. My husband HATES her though. It’s nothing personal, it’s just he can’t look at her now because her character was such a witch in ‘line of duty’ that it’s all he sees whenever she’s on tv. The mark of a great actress surely!
I've just realised my last 2 posts were all over the place. (Lot on my mind 😄).
The person presenting Steph's Packed Lunch was Anna Maxwell Martin. She must have thought she was in a madhouse. Who is that irritating bloke on there?
I've not really watched In The Line of Fire. I remember her from Bleak House I think? She had a pockmarked face on it.
She's just normal and intelligent so the guests on Packed Lunch would have got into the interesting conversation more if Anna hadn't had to keep breaking off for the annoying bloke with the stupid voice to say his two penn'orth, or for something else.
Oh for an intelligent discussion show with someone like Anna. 🙄
People in the studio audience were good if I'd only had time to listen.

Reactions: 7
Amanda Holden is the natural successor to Paul if they wanted it to be continued to be hosted by someone who is an Ambassador for Battersea. Both she and Paul have attended many events together over the years for them.

I think Alan Carr would have been good as well but he isn’t a Battersea ambassador.
I guess it’s appropriate to have a dog presenting a program about dogs! Oooh burn, etc.
[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I knew some people who worked on Line of Duty and while she wasn't unpleasant they wouldn't describe her as lovely. Not particularly friendly.
Unlike Martin Compston who apparently was a really nice person to everyone on set.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
For those interested the Tina Turner bio movie What's Love Got To Do With It starring Angela Bassett is on Disney Plus

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.