Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

miss n thropy

Chatty Member
Very few of the actors cast in the role could be described to physically resemble Fleming's Bond could they? Indeed very few recent Bond films resemble Fleming's Bond in any way.
Absolutely true.

This may be apocryphal but I have read several sources over the years that state that Ian Fleming actually favoured his neighbour, Noel Coward, to play Bond.

In addition, Lord Lucan was encouraged to audition for the first Bond film.

• Haha
Reactions: 3

Doc

VIP Member
They’re all pretty sycophantic! I honestly can’t remember the one that was more scathing. I read it about 20 years ago.
I think Michael Braun’s Love Me Do is meant to capture them in the earliest years quite well. Look at the tagline quote from Lennon himself 😂

Amazon product

• Haha

childofthe70s

VIP Member
I Was wondering awhile ago,Mark William Thompson (who opened up the pot on Saville) said awhile ago,A Well known Celebrity will be exposed,Lots of peeps thought OFAH actor,I’m wondering whether now it could be Philth.
I’m probably wrong but so much info coming out now and the Philth fred.🧐
I have been pondering that for some time - could sadly it seems apply to many others.

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
They were just as badly behaved as The Stones, it was just covered up and they were seen as the more clean cut of the two. The Stones revealed in their reputation as the bad boy alternative. They were all so scarily young when you look at it now. All in their early 20’s when they became globally famous. Mad really.
Yeah, that was what I meant! It’s just that they were painted as the nice boys your mum could approve of, instead of the Stones and their wild reputation.

EddyDarling

VIP Member
Meagan Good seems to have been roped in to do some image rehabilitation for Jonathan majors in the middle of his domestic violence case....

Reverend

VIP Member
Eh? He may not have been the most technically accomplished musician but he wasn't a joke of a musician. I do think you're somewhat rewriting history here. There's never been a bigger band than The Beatles - it still blows my mind how prolific they were with even their B sides being brilliant compositions. They could have churned out variations on She Loves You for eternity but instead didn't take the easy predictable route and creatively developed in major leaps from Rubber Soul onwards.
I'm talking about after the Beatles. Many critics had been pointing out that Lennon's solo output was rubbish.