Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LucyEyelesbarrow

VIP Member
Gary Glitter wasn't exactly getting much radio play any way around the time he made the mistake of going to PC World. Performance royalties wouldn't have amounted to much.
Fair point, although he was back on the 90s nostalgia circuit, playing at student unions and so on.
---
I used to love Rock ‘n’ Roll Christmas! I cant say I’ve heard it in years though. Used to be on every Christmas Compilation CD back in the 90’s and I’m sure it would be one of the regulars on music channels now had he not been exposed for what he is.
Yes, he would have been on the December radio rotation along with Elton John, Greg Lake etc.

Reactions: 3

PeteM

VIP Member
I gather this has caused some financial problems for the Glitter Band and other musicians on the recordings, with them generally not being played here.

I say generally, because I've heard 'Rock 'n' Roll Christmas' played at a couple of events; I wonder if people think it's by Shakin' Stevens.
Gary Glitter wasn't exactly getting much radio play any way around the time he made the mistake of going to PC World. Performance royalties wouldn't have amounted to much.

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
Spain was my robbed entrant last year, although I can appreciate why Sam Ryder impressed everyone. Of course it's an awful situation for the country but if Ukraine wins again this year....we've had years of everyone complaining that countries in ESC always vote for their pals and neighbours when it should be about the song, then oh last year it was all "Ukraine HAS to win!".

I'm still mad about the UK viewers picking Andy Abrahams' forgettable song over Michelle Gayle's catchy tune for our 2008 entry. Never forget!
Was Spain that hella fit woman and the very catchy song with sexy dance routine?

I like Steve Hughes and I’ve met him a few times. When he’s good he’s brilliant but I’ve heard of him having bad gigs. He had 7 years off following a nervous breakdown.

• Sad

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
Is this in relation to him being let go with immediate effect from Greatest Hits Radio after making a remark to a woman at an awards show?

That is what prompted me to ask.

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
I was watching Pointless Celebs from my exercise bike last night, there were two completely unknown to me comedians on (given how many we've just listed I was surprised they were short of names people may know)...I half wondered if they were a joke act and actually ordinary folk that wandered onto a celeb episode at first. They were Amy Gledhill and Chris Cantrill of The Delightful Sausage apparently.
I like watching Pointless Celebrities whilst doing other things too as the first round is far too longwinded. They tend to have the strangest 'comedians' on there, including Baga Chips, unless Baga is a huge star and I have never realised!

90sGal

Chatty Member
He has popped up in some small things here and there which is still BS as he still claims his conscience is clear. It didn't help that the judge reduced his sentence and claimed his crime didn't fit the Pedalo stereotype, something the lead cop in the case was not happy about and denounced. The last I heard was he had the nerve to say he was gonna do a documentary about an African orphanage with kids.
---

I think a lot of it was to do with a lot of the cast backing him up and saying they would leave if he wasn't rehired.

He used to be married to Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office US) and there have been a few blinds over the years about how he treated her, completely different from the PR crap his people put out about them still being good friends.

Gina Carano (Cara Dunn) from The Mandolorian was cancelled by Disney via being sacked for her views on Instagram.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
oh what did you hear? I was wondering why she’d been blackballed but maybe ive missed something.
a feud with another actress which led to that actress leaving the show (and their final scene being filmed with doubles/screens apparently):

she was also an EP on the show and apparently got involved in other actors’ contract negotiations (in particular josh charles) and generally seems to have overstepped the line a bunch.

no clue what she was like on the set of er though!

investigate21

With regards to the DM article about James Arthur- I think he is genuinely single and has been for a while, certainly since the early days of Jess’s pregnancy.
They’ve been on/off for some time and although he dotes on little Emily and I have no doubt that he will be looking after both Jess and Emily very well (and they will be set for life) I don’t think that him and Jess are together any more.
I’m a huge fan of JA- I’ve got some of his song lyrics tattooed on the inside of my arm.

I actually agree! He always seems to be out and about on his Insta stories. I have thought a few times it wouldn’t wash with me if I was at home with a newborn alone all the time!

Zebraaah

VIP Member
i wonder if leto will go the james franco or armie hammer route and do a complete step out of what we would view as “public” life - or if he’s just too egotistical for that. he continued having extreme success (including winning an oscar) while those allegations were already happening so maybe the chance for a real career impact is gone.
He's not been cancelled has he? He appeared at Paris Fashion week this week. I forget for which brand. Maybe Loewe or Givenchy - ie a biggie.

Edit: Givenchy, Schiaperelli and Off-White. So he's still seen as marketable. And he appears to be flogging a film about Karl Lagerfield.

When you see him on stage or on a talk show, he is in character.
He is mostly being himself on his Off Menu podcast with Ed Gamble and he's great.
Same as his appearances on other podcasts (Rob Brydon, Brett Goldstein and Richard Herring all have great Jacaster episodes).

I think his four Netflix specials were a work of genius, and I'm a old man with no interest in floppy hair of any sexuality!
Ooh thank you, that's all very interesting. I've never really managed the podcast thing but I'll give it a go.

This is probably going to sound ridiculous but what's the best way to access them (as in podcasts in general?). Do you download apps? Or go to a specific www address or is it done via the TV? I did see a Killing Eve one but it was televised (whilst they were recording I think) so it still left me non the wiser.

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
I’m sure JLC did at least one comic con last year. Recall seeing him listed and thinking it was a poor choice of guest.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I’m FB friends with someone who is a civil servant. She was in school with me and used to work in a travel agents. God knows what she does now or how she winged that one 😂

Definitely Maybe

VIP Member
So Spencer Morgan is on Sunday Brunch promoting the documentary about his brother….I thought it was mysteriously pulled/ not released a couple of weeks ago? I wonder if it was down to editing.
I read somewhere, might even have been this thread, that it was something to do with the faces of the dead people not being blurred out.