Secret Celebrity Gossip #104

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBF Dara's got a bit of a nerve talking about commedians trying to outdo each other, when he used to get his biggest laughs by blatantly repeating the joke the other person had just told, but just putting slightly more emphasis on one word. 🤷‍♀️
I'm not saying he wasn't part of it, and Dara overlording as host was always his role. That and being bullied for being Gru/Megabus Man/sausage etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
it’s like when that one poster who said it’s been confirmed that the cia killed jfk. i’m still waiting for a link to that too 🤣
See, I read your post as Cilla killed JFK and I just nodded.
Seems legit.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I don't understand the childline stuff.

Caller: Hi I'm 13 and my dad is sexually abusing me.
Childline: thanks for letting us know, we'll contact Esther and she'll cover it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Funny how a woman always ends up getting the blame for what men do. Saville and his ilk are the evil perpetrators but let’s all pin the blame on a woman.

I can’t stand Rantzen, overly smug and full of herself. But these Childline rumours are baseless. Childline and Crimewatch theories are tin hat territory. It’s one thing being accused of being arrogant but accusing her of being a facilitator of child abuse with zero proof is nasty.
Thank you. I volunteered for Childline back in the day and everyone working there seemed to be genuinely caring and wanting to do some good. I have never heard these stories and I find it hard to believe anyone would set up a charity just to help their pedalo mates.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
I don't understand the childline stuff.

Caller: Hi I'm 13 and my dad is sexually abusing me.
Childline: thanks for letting us know, we'll contact Esther and she'll cover it up.
I think the implication is more

"Jimmy Savile is abusing me"

*covers it up*

Reactions: 11
An article written by ER, fuming that her evil plans to cover up child abuse backfired.

So after an edition of 'That's Life!' when we included a report about child abuse, we opened a children's helpline for 48 hours, and in that time it was swamped with calls from young people, almost 100 of whom reported sexual abuse they had never been able to disclose before.

I will never forget the morning after our programme had transmitted, listening to the social workers describing how children felt supported and empowered by their calls to our counsellors, and realising that this way of reaching out to suffering children was more important than anything else I had been involved with.

As I write 33 years later, when Childline has been copied around the world, has helped more than four and a half million children in the UK, has 12 bases around the country with 1,400 trained volunteer counsellors, its creation in 1986 is still a landmark in my life, and perhaps also in the history of child protection.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I want Whole of the Moon played at my funeral
I think I’ve just met my soulmate! It’s on my funeral playlist 😂👏🏼 I’ve told my husband, sister and brother in law to check my phone once I die because it’s an absolutely banging playlist and I’ll be gutted if my choices don’t get played at my funeral 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think I’ve just met my soulmate! It’s on my funeral playlist 😂👏🏼 I’ve told my husband, sister and brother in law to check my phone once I die because it’s an absolutely banging playlist and I’ll be gutted if my choices don’t get played at my funeral 😂
My husband & I have written down what sings we want!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This Childline thing is a pretty inefficient strategy: the time and cost involved in the set-up, staff training, monitoring and filtering of calls, etc., all on the off-chance that an anonymous child gives away enough detail to identify one of your noncey mates so that you can swing into action, deploy the secret task squad, and ensure that everything is squeaky clean and all evidence is destroyed or dismissed - as an operation it appears to be rather unwieldy and hugely dependent on happenstance and synchronicity.

I also don’t quite understand what exactly it was supposedly designed to uncover: if you’ve got dodgy associates that you want to protect from discovery/prosecution, then presumably you already know they’re involved in vile stuff. So why do you need to wait for a random child to call in and reveal details to you in order for you to cover it up?

Reactions: 57
TBF Dara's got a bit of a nerve talking about commedians trying to outdo each other, when he used to get his biggest laughs by blatantly repeating the joke the other person had just told, but just putting slightly more emphasis on one word. 🤷‍♀️
I hate Dara. Forever riding on someone else's joke or line just with an added 'feckin'. Stfu you idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This Childline thing is a pretty inefficient strategy: the time and cost involved in the set-up, staff training, monitoring and filtering of calls, etc., all on the off-chance that an anonymous child gives away enough detail to identify one of your noncey mates so that you can swing into action, deploy the secret task squad, and ensure that everything is squeaky clean and all evidence is destroyed or dismissed - as an operation it appears to be rather unwieldy and hugely dependent on happenstance and synchronicity.

I also don’t quite understand what exactly it was supposedly designed to uncover: if you’ve got dodgy associates that you want to protect from discovery/prosecution, then presumably you already know they’re involved in vile stuff. So why do you need to wait for a random child to call in and reveal details to you in order for you to cover it up?
Was just going to post something along these exact same lines (but probably would have worded
It much less eloquently!). As a means for tracking down kids who might speak it out about abuse by BBC celebs and big wigs it makes absolutely no sense. But then why let logic get in the way of a good rumour.

Reactions: 22
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.