Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Can’t muster up any sympathy for Carrie if that old shagger Boris is cheating on her. He cheated with her when his Mrs was undergoing cancer treatment. Her low morals are a match for his. The thing I don’t get with Boris, why get wed? Don’t have a problem with him being a shagger. But why commit to someone, have kids and then carry on as a career shagger. He is one of those guys who likes the chase. He should just stay single.
As his wife she gets half his assets doesn’t she? When they inevitably divorce that is.

Boris will never be short of Tory groupies wanting a bit of the bin bag of custard, unfortunately. Certain women find him charming and charismatic, fuck knows why.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
Just jumping in on this, but a very good friend of mine has a business partner who used to be a body double for CR years ago. CR had a very spotty back and it needed to be covered up for his photo shoots.
For a minute there I thought you were talking about Cliff Richard. Sorry, I’ve only just woken up!

• Haha
  • Heart

mee43

VIP Member
Interesting article in the Daily Mail this morning.

I came in to mention this…I reckon thr DM have a lot of stuff on him; they’ve been hinting at it for years. Long before all the rehab/drink driving stuff happened.

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
100% not rumours. It was set up to field through calls from potential victims of VIP abusers. Anything to protect those sick politicians and their like. As someone said, Nick Ross was in on it.

People who still poo poo all this after decades now of revelations, must they themselves be sick in the head or not have their mental faculties working correctly, It is quite bizarre, the ongoing protection and refusal to believe the depraved child abuse rings of the past. (And the current ones, with Epstein etc).

So hundreds of 1000s of people around the world, not just UK, who have spoken out are all lying, are they?
You want to link us to these revelations, then? Put your money where your mouth is.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

WaWooWeeWa

Chatty Member
The "racial element" doesn't hold water for me unless Riseborough explicitly said "vote for me instead of this black actress" which somehow I doubt.

The Academy also could have held off on nominating Michelle Williams, aka the acting equivalent of a damp overcast day in March, for the ten squillionth time. We get it lady, you were married to Heath Ledger and you always play sad women. Do a romcom, slip on a banana peel, have some fun for fuck's sake. But no one's blaming *her* for Deadwyler getting shut out.

• Haha

House of Tea

VIP Member
I think the childline thing was more about identifying potential victims who wouldn’t be believed, and were from vulnerable backgrounds - therefore ripe to abuse and exploit more. I’m horrified at all these posters laughing and sneering about it to be honest.
My relative was in a children’s home in the 70’s and there were a few boys that were taken out on the evenings by men in suits- with the full cooperation of the staff. My uncle says they all lived in absolute fear of being ‘picked’ and would act as mouthy and wild as possible as they seemed to prefer the quiet ones.
I’m confused why people think this is beyond the realms of possibility, I guess you’re lucky it seems so ridiculous.
Nobody doubts that vulnerable children are preyed on. Nobody thinks that is ridiculous. But accusing Esther R in setting up Childline to facilitate child abuse is ridiculous. Because she had heard rumours that Saville was dodgy, what was she meant to do if the establishment were involved, one woman. Wogan wouldn’t have JS near Children in Need, why didn’t he do something? Louis Theroux flat out asked JS if he was a child abuser. Why didn’t he do something rather than make an entertaining programme. I have heard all sorts of rumours about colleagues. I wouldn’t go to HR, I only have rumours, I would be looked at with disbelief.

JCMSadie

VIP Member
I dunno, I think it sounds plausible. And the laughing...I went through a traumatic experience, and people always asked me about it. I told it as a funny story to make light of it, but I was actually quite traumatised.

• Heart

susan1375

Chatty Member
Stroke is more common in older people, but up to 10% of strokes affect people under 45. When a stroke occurs in a person under 30, it’s often related to some inborn condition, particularly one of those that causes blood clots. However, drug use is still considered one of the main factors contributing to stroke in people under 35.
I had 3 mini strokes in my mid 30s.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow

pixxyy

VIP Member
The wisest words I know "Just because we read it on the internet doesn't mean it's true"

• Haha

lamaitresse

VIP Member
I remember when it was set up and believe the intentions were good.
It is entirely possible and probable that abusers volunteered for Childline. Abusers like to put themselves in places where they have access to vulnerable kids.
I'd agree with that, and it happens a lot (though at least we have disclosure checks nowadays, some abusers still slip through the net, sadly) but conflating that with Childline being a front for paedophile ring / supplying children en masse to gangs of evil abusers is getting a bit OTT - as well as Esther being some sort of evil mastermind.

childofthe70s

VIP Member
Whether everyone is...I'm honestly not sure. Those that charge the earth and have TV shows/tours are definitely in it for themselves even when they have been caught out like Sally Morgan who was caught having stuff read to her through an earpiece yet denies it to this day. On the other hand, there was a woman who used to go into my nana's work every year for Children In Need. This was before Twitter/Insta etc and she had no idea in advance who would sit down but was able to tell them stuff no one else knew about them and I don't mean the usual...I have a relative here kind of thing. I get there will be people who go it's complete BS but stuff like that does make me wonder.
Magician James Randi offered a million bucks to anyone who could demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. A version of the challenge was first issued in 1964. Over a thousand people applied to take it, but none were successful. The challenge was terminated in 2015. He did an excellent program for BBC4 called 'Exposed: Magicians, Psychics and Frauds'. His TED talk was also good.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
I saw Paul Nicholas in a theatre production of 'Barnum' and there's the bit where Barnum walks a tightrope (it was fairly low to the ground). Well, he fell off, slipped out of character and swore. Still, he got back on and nailed it the second time, bless him.

---

It must be difficult to provide adequate pain relief for someone who is already an opioid addict. I was given dihydrocodeine when I was badly injured a few years ago and it made me feel really weird - not in a good way, to want to take more than I should, and I was glad to downgrade to paracetamol after a few days. But if someone is addicted, then ordinary prescription painkillers aren't going to be effective, and Paul's injuries were severe. I'm not surprised he relapsed back into addiction, given the circumstances.

I still don't believe he fell down the waterfall and was attacked by wild dogs though. It's on the same scale as Brian Harvey running over himself after eating a jacket potato.
My partner was on dihydrocodeine for many years, following a motorbike accident when all his limbs were broken. I can honestly say that he went through hell coming off it and lives with the after-effects to this day. He was prescribed it legally and came off it slowly, when he decided it was doing him more harm than good and that he was addicted. However, he had a really bad reaction and the docs didn't know what to do with him because they'd never seen it before. He had a year of absolute hell.

• Sad
  • Wow

MemoryLane

Chatty Member

Why? Why why why why do we have to see this?

Bring back the days of Cary Grant and others who not only dressed sharp but were down with behaving civilized in public.
I really dislike him. I don’t even know why. His dress sense makes me cringe. He waltzes around red carpets and film premieres like a dog with two dicks. Just really gives me the boak.
The new “big thing”! He’s about 7 stone dripping wet and has no sex appeal what so ever. What do young girls see in him? I don’t get it. I read an article where they compared him to a young Leo! Erm, no! Leo had looks and talent!
I agree, bring us another Cary Grant or a new Rat Pack. A Jack Nicholson or a Clint Eastwood! Whatever happened to a good old fashioned movie star! It must be me and my age 😂

• Haha
  • Heart