Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rageinducing

Chatty Member
Naomi Campbell becoming a mother pisses me off. Aside from the obvious anger issues, the bitch is too old to be a first time mother. You may not look it, BUT YOU ARE 50 NOT 25! :rolleyes: Sure she will have help, but when the kid is 20 she will be 70. She thanks science for allowing her to have a child at her age, but what about the child you are bringing into the world? Selfish bint! :mad:
Children with young parents can lose them at any age. Death doesn’t discriminate. Naomi or her baby at not asking you or anyone else for help or a handout so how their life goes or how long they’re together is nobody’s business but theirs.
I’m childless after many expensive fertility treatments and I would love nothing more than for my husband and I to have a little part of us left behind when we die and maybe carry on the family name going forward. Your life with your parent can be short lived regardless of what age your parents are when you’re born. If someone had a chronic illness should they not parent either because they might not be around to watch them grow?. People have the right to choose their own paths in life without other people taking issue with it when it doesn’t affect them in the slightest

You're comparing something that is a medical fact, regardless of the mother's actions, to something entirely linked to a chosen behaviour.

Some young mums may smoke and drink alcohol.

All older mothers have an increased risk of a less than straightforward pregnancy.

This isn't about 'painting pictures', it's about medical facts.
What’s the % risk compared to younger mothers?. Is it a 10% increase, 20/30/40??. Does that mean all older mothers shouldn’t have babies?. Isn’t it their own right to decide if the risks are worth it?. People pushing statistics fail to realise that statistics are only numbers, they don’t have any context like general health, genetics, lifestyle. Every single person on the planet is different and no 2 pregnancies are alike either if you speak to any mother so who knows what will or won’t happen regardless of age.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

OoglyBoogly

Chatty Member
Bloody hell, I thought MF's girlfriend was the lady who plays Tracy Beaker for a second there!

I once went up to Graham Norton in a club but he proper scowled at me, so I backed off. It was probably because I was off my face though, ahaha.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
He seems very arrogant, last night he described her as a 35 year old "young girl" she was hardly a young girl. He used to knock his first wife around by all accounts.
Charles Spencer is a nasty bit of work. This is the story I always remember is his 'hilarious' quip about his anorexic first wife Victoria:

"Once at a party he regaled the assembled company with how his father had told him to stick with his wife through thick and thin. As Charles waggishly pointed out, anyone present who looked at her would agree that "she was thin, and certainly thick".

Bastard.

• Angry
  • Wow

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Oh good yes Charles Spencer is awful though. He was a terrible brother, and apparently a terrible husband as well. Diana asked him for help when she was being hounded by the press and needed somewhere to live away from London.There was a small cottage at Altrhop and she asked if she could live there because it was far more private than Kensington Palace, but he refused because he was worried the press would follow her there. They were estranged when she died because of that.

• Angry
  • Sad

RedMagnolia

VIP Member
Had to come on here to talk about something I feel is very important. After just finishing the big brother series 7 I thought I would look up some of the contestant. Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace being one of them. I was sad to see she had suffered a still birth and miscarriages. But looking more into it it didn’t add up what she has said. She claimed that after a still birth and miscarriages they realised she was rhesus negative. This must be a lie. As they screen your blood in your first pregnancy. So would have known about this with her first pregnancy. Which leads me to believe she may have lied about the whole thing which is sick. She certainly doesn’t look like she has ever been pregnant or given birth. She doesn’t mention the sex of the baby which is strange as she would have known that by 6/7 months. Does anyone have any more info on her and know of any proof she actually went through this? Thanks
I'm afraid I think she's telling porkies. She sure as hell hasn't done her research as all you Rh neg ladies have proved.
I have zero sympathy for people who lie about pregnancy loss and any kind of bereavement, especially when it's done for media attention.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! I just watched a trailer for the new Friends episode and James Fucking Corden is doing it. So angry. Why is he everywhere??????
Literally came here to ask that question. I really don’t know how he managed to break America because (without being cruel) the American entertainment industry is quite looks orientated and he’s a large bloke from Gavin and Stacey. I have never understood how he went from hosting a few tv shows and being in a few dramas (and that god awful Paul Potts film) to being the darling of the late night in America. It makes no sense!

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
If you think that she’s carried that baby herself the last nine months then you‘re living cloud cuckoo land. Aside from the fact she’s fifty there’s no way she’d risk her precious figure!

• Haha

Ginger drink

Chatty Member
Danielle Lloyd has announced shes pregnant with her 5th child.
She states 'its a risk' that she'll have another boy despite wanting a daughter 🤷‍♀️
It's a risk! The poor child if its a boy. She should be thankful she is able to have beautiful healthy babies. Selfish cow.. Millions of people can't have children and will be disgusted by that description.

AlanBanan

VIP Member
I was reading a DailyMail article about Leigh-Anne from Little Mix’s engagement ring being robbed and OMG the amount of people criticising her and being genuinely annoyed that she’s upset that her ring was stolen. It reads pure jealousy to me as they have to keep mentioning how stupid she is for having such an expensive ring and how’s she is stupid for not wearing it or keeping it in her safe. Because you know how you should expect stuff to be stolen out of your house?

God I really hate the fuckers on the DM comments.

smellsofbiscuits

VIP Member
Maybe someone could start a thread on how people of a “certain age” lost weight ?
Agreed, I need motivation after hitting a size 20 when my youngest was born last year. In my mid 30s but struggled to keep the weight off for about 10 years....

The fittest I've been was when I was training for a 10 K and walking 10, 000 steps a day. That was again almost 10 years ago and definitely before kids!

Is Fat Bastards Support Group too harsh? 🤣🤣

Agreed, I need motivation after hitting a size 20 when my youngest was born last year. In my mid 30s but struggled to keep the weight off for about 10 years....

The fittest I've been was when I was training for a 10 K and walking 10, 000 steps a day. That was again almost 10 years ago and definitely before kids!

Is Fat Bastards Support Group too harsh? 🤣🤣

• Haha
I've had thyroid cancer. It's shite, but it's not particularly dangerous. But hoo boy are you ever fat and sleepy. Got thrown out of a restaurant one Christmas because I fell asleep and tumbled out of my chair. Staff assumed I was pished. 133kg, I weighed. Good times.

Oh and once I got the tumour removed it did something to my voice and I spent a rather annoying 5 months having people not believe I was me when I was on the phone.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

BigBrenda

Chatty Member
I know a really nice man who lives where Micky Flanagan lives and he sees him a lot in this local park walking his dog, he has a dog too and he said he’s very down to earth and friendly but does like his privacy. Sadly he stepped away from the limelight for a whilst as he’s beloved mum died a few years back and I don’t think he’s quite got his head round it still. Hope he does a comeback though he is the only comedian I piss myself laughing at.

• Sad

House of Tea

VIP Member
Mental health seems to be the go to for everybody now. People are using it to excuse bad behaviour, or swerve responsibility or consequences, or using it to promote themselves. This is in RL and in the Celeb world.

People that genuinely have mental health issues are going to suffer. Everybody will think they have joined a bandwagon, which is so unfair on people who have genuine issues.

lamaitresse

VIP Member
Am I on Mumsnet tonight :p:unsure::ROFLMAO: (Yes, I know infertility is not a joke - I've had the judgement and the comments myself as I near menopause).

On topic - I think Sheridan is, to no-one's great surprise, a train wreck and has been for a long time. Immensely talented, but just as insecure. I'm rooting for her. Surprisingly (as DM comments are usually vicious), Sheridan Smith appears to be one of the few untouchables (or she just pays moolah to have her Daily Mail comments scrupulously moderated).

Naomi, as much as I think a child is a blessing, is rotten. Maybe it'll be the making of her. I noticed in one pop-up workout video of her on the DM she was wearing a hair wrap, guessing that's the outcome of years of weaves, extensions and wigs.

• Haha
She won’t lose it with the baby just with any of the four nannies she’s employed no doubt.
For sure. Feel sorry for any kid brought up by Naomi, who is an absolute abusive old cunt to anyone she employs and people she employs will be who actually looks after that kid while Naomi does Naomi things. Like sucking African dictators arses for diamonds and running around with shady men.

• Heart
I met Kylie Minogue on board and she was absolutely lovely. Any of my colleagues at the time that ever met her all said the same thing.
I met Kate Moss twice (once with her daughter who was quite young at the time) and she was lovely too. Both times.
Johnny Vegas was a gentleman. So so nice.

Carol Vorderman and Kirstie Allsopp were horrible, but the worst ever had to be the author Marian Keyes. Talk about an attention seeking drama queen! :rolleyes:
Oh no, I thought Marian was lovely, I’m devastated.

• Heart
  • Wow
I am middle aged. I lost 2 stone by walking more and cutting out some of the high calorific foods and snacks (apart from wine, not cutting down on wine!). That was a few years ago and I have kept it off. Martine was not always on the bigger size, she put on weight after being slim. Like me.

There is this growing viewpoint that anybody who loses weight has to have had surgery, which is not true. Most people who lose weight do it the old fashioned way, nobody would put themselves under surgery unless their weight was so detrimentally bad for their health and they had zilch in the way of willpower.
True. Lost 3 stone fairly painlessly in my mid-forties, by taking up proper workouts (weight and cardio training at home mostly using the YT videos by the Fitness Blender folks), cutting out sugary drinks and basically making sure my diet was a lot healthier. More vegetables and good proteins, less processed, sugary and simple carby shit. Took a look at how calorie dense a lot of the food I was eating was, and started to portion control it. Cut out the midnight snacking on rubbish. Weight dropped off slowly, but steadily. Lost the last half stone by actually counting calories. Went from a 16 to a 10-12 over the course of a couple of years. No gyms, personal trainers, diet plans, pills or powders used. You can absolutely lose weight in middle age. it's just it's a time when people often have a lot of stresses and are set into some very sedentary habits, have sedentary jobs etc.

MadameOvary

Chatty Member
See, I always thought he was really weird looking! Never done it for me,I also think Benedict cumberbatch looks weird and not at all sexy,but I know he has some really rabid fans.
Someone once said Benedict Cumberbatch looks liks a wasp, which has stuck in my head ever since. Likewise Anne Hathaway looking like a King Charles spaniel.

• Haha