Secret Celeb Gossip #46

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, it isn't. The waste (of food, drugs etc) is phenomenal due to shoddy practices noone cares enough to sort out and then there's spending on tiers of management that are unnecessary. Currently a £50billion budget and only increasing year on year. The IT stuff is a bleeping nightmare of epic proportions.

There is currently a male medic (likely a nurse, police are being cagey about his actual role other than to say he's a medic) on bail for raping an elderly female stroke patient with a broken leg to death in 2018 at the stroke unit in a hospital in the north of England (Blackpool to be precise). She bled to death from a serious internal vaginal tear caused by this rape, not from her actual stroke. This criminal activity was only discovered due to ANOTHER investigation on the same stroke unit about poisoning, that is the sainted NHS staff there misusing some heavy drugs to basically chemically cosh patients comatose so they wouldn't bother them. The investigation also led to other charges of sexual assault on that unit. God knows how long the staff there were getting away with this catalogue of abuses and criminality, but I will bet it was years before anything moved enough to be investigated internally, let alone call the police in. I know there have been complaints locally about that unit for a decade, of filth and patient neglect, but an investigation uncovered things so horrific it makes me sick to think about. I cannot bear this cult of the NHS as if it's the most perfect system ever, and everyone it in has angel wings. It's just a large employer, it has many faults and has people working in it from gold standard to people who have zero business near vulnerable human beings, and there are admin I've encountered who are so surly and unhelpful and resentful of doing their jobs I would personally fire them straight into the sun.
Absolutely. There is a culture of ignoring poor behaviour and covering up that is almos certainly on the same level as what we are seeing in the entertainment industry. Then there is the waste, poor practices, poor management. If it's anything like the Railway the whole hiring process is designed to make sure there is no blowback on discrimination rather than actually finding the person mot capable of doing the job properly. I've found in the Railway that there is a lower level of Management that have no desire to see any changes at all, they hang over the business like a thick smog, drowning out any innovation or change

Reactions: 13
Talking of creepy Barrowman do I remember something about him being on morning TV live from his swanky LA pool or something and his husband steps into the background bollock naked with his huge floppy dick on show ?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Oh no what’s she done?
When I was younger, I used to do a lot of chairty fashion shows. Fern at the time worked for Meridan down in the South, so used to host a lot of events etc
She was awful to us young girls treating us like tit, and wanted to be treated as if she was the Queen. Condescending and always criticising our make up and hair and telling us we were too skinny....hello, we were models!!
I witnessed a tantrum over the temperature in the venue once which was hilarious, until she got one of the girls removed from the show for laughing.
Now, when I see her and her put on womans woman persona, it makes me want to kick thr tv!

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Fern is a bloody awful woman. I wonder if you have to be a total twunt to present This Morning.

And the Civil Service still use them!
I worked in Whitehall for about 30 years and we stopped using faxes around 2000. I know work in a hospital andd they still use them. Some looks of horror at the mention of scanning, people don't think it's safe 🙄well it's safer than than bloody faxing.

Reactions: 14
I have a few family members who work in the NHS and a lot of the stuff is swept under the carpet. An elderly lady had a rectal prolapse and a male nurse literally just shoved it back in without anything for the pain. He was quietly ‘re assigned’. Another member of staff was sent a poison pen letter and the people who did it weren’t reprimanded and just sent to a different area of the hospital. She was told it would be ‘bad publicity’ to phone the police. Someone else has been caught stealing drugs and the worst they got was the keys taken off them and sent to a rehab. Another doctor was implicated in the death of a patient through neglect and records were changed so he doctor wouldn’t face any action. It’s highly corrupt, I should make my own thread on it 😂but I think the reason why the NHS gets away with it is because it’s ‘free’ healthcare and no one has the stomach to read about how bad the nhs is run.
Many years ago myself and a group of colleagues pointed out to management that a large amount of drugs were going missinv and a very senior member of staff was dropping to sleep at work, coming in on days off to tidy drug room, clipping cars on way home.
We were told it must be one of us doing it and selling them. Union said they couldn't do anything as hospital enquiry had cleared her
Fast forward a year and weve all got new jobs. Drugs still going missing, they finally decide to mark some boxes. They find them on her. Marched off premises, police caution, no other charges, no nmc proceedings. No apology to us.
Theres still a huge culture of bullying in nhs and change blocked by dinossurs who do things a certain way because its slways been done that way.

I used to train NHS admin staff. I had to look up stuff about fax machines because they were the only people who still used them! The NHS is the worlds largest buyers of fax machines apparently!!
Its funny cos when you do your information governance training the first thing they say is dont use faxes but yet weve got gp surgerys which will only accept faxes.
Its crazy

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Reactions: 4
I hope you know how to use a fax machine because we haven't moved on to email for communication yet :D
I remember my first job about 15 years ago involved receiving faxes from the NHS. It left me a bit horrified at the time as I had no idea how to use such a machine 😳

Anyway, back to celeb gossip. Erm.....the only tid bit would out where I live (sorry!) so will settle for constantly seeing Frankie Boyle stomp around the streets back when I was working with the NHS specific fax machines 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So are we assuming the TV couple that are splitting are Kristen Bell and Dax Shepherd? Don’t know if that was cleared up before but the DM is stirring it

• Sad
Reactions: 5
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
He used to stay just off Byres Rd, as did Kevin Bridges. I’ve seen both of them in the street.
Oh yeah, I used to go for a walk at lunchtime and saw FB a lot. Also spotted him out for weekend brunch a couple of times with his dog.

I saw Kevin Bridges getting off a flight to Gatwick. I think Celtic were playing a big match down that way. Anyway, my friend and I were too shy to go up to him partly because he was surrounded by his pals who all looked like lads on tour. Kevin himself was very quiet and well behaved.

Reactions: 5
Other than those two my only celeb spots in the area are River City cast. I’m going to start watching again if Roisin is going back in. One of my daughters was in one of her pantomimes (Joyce Farquhar) and I chaperoned for the whole run ... another chaperone was dodgy so I had to do every show for a month. Anyway Joyce was lovely and I liked her character in RC. It’s the only soap I’d give any time to.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve just come up with a brilliant guess if I do say so myself (the tv couple divorce)
Anna paquin and Stephen moyer.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My other Glasgow celeb spot was many years ago my husband and I were having very late night drinks in the residents’ bar in the Malmaison. Toploader were there too.

When I was younger, I used to do a lot of chairty fashion shows. Fern at the time worked for Meridan down in the South, so used to host a lot of events etc
She was awful to us young girls treating us like tit, and wanted to be treated as if she was the Queen. Condescending and always criticising our make up and hair and telling us we were too skinny....hello, we were models!!
I witnessed a tantrum over the temperature in the venue once which was hilarious, until she got one of the girls removed from the show for laughing.
Now, when I see her and her put on womans woman persona, it makes me want to kick thr tv!

Assuming you mean TVS as she didn't work for Meridian, that must be 30/40 years ago when she was relatively new to fame? Not meaning to make a full defence as I've never met her, but reasonable to assume someone could change in that time?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.