Secret Celeb Gossip #44

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep mine too. Only nice things thy said about how I look was when I was very depressed and lost a load of weight. Couldn’t wait to point it out to me when I put it back on too.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m sorry she’s died, I hope the money raised goes now to help other sufferers

Reactions: 11
Yep mine too. Only nice things thy said about how I look was when I was very depressed and lost a load of weight. Couldn’t wait to point it out to me when I put it back on too.
Urgh yeah why do they have to point out gaining weight?

One of my friends is weight obsessed. She went bounding up to someone who had lost weight that she hadn't seen for a while to tell her how fab she looked and asked her how she lost it. The woman replied she had cancer.

One of the many reasons why people should keep weight comments to themselves.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I,m in bits

IN THE HAPPIEST WAY POSSIBLE

remember Camilla from Strictly

I tweeted my email telling her company how much I adore her and she was my crush back in the day

she said I was very kind

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I couldn't agree more. My mother is absolutely terrible for this, constantly comments on other women's appearance, their weight, hair etc.
Have you ever been ready to go somewhere after making a special effort with your appearance only for your mother to sweep away all your confidence with some ‘observation’ about how you look? It’s horrible I don’t know if they realise the power that their words hold and the effect it has.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Have you ever been ready to go somewhere after making a special effort with your appearance only for your mother to sweep away all your confidence with some ‘observation’ about how you look? It’s horrible I don’t know if they realise the power that their words hold and the effect it has.
my mums fav “I’ve seen you in nicer” 😳🙈cheers Mum

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Wedding dress shopping. My mum to my sister, whilst I was behind the curtain getting changed. “Gorgeous dress, would look much better on her if she could lose a bit of weight though.” I didn’t try on another dress all day, went home and sobbed on my fiancé’s shoulder and then found my dress on my own at a later date.
That one comment stuck with me and was still in my mind on my wedding day, “do I look ok, do you think mum thinks I look fat.”

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
Wedding dress shopping. My mum to my sister, whilst I was behind the curtain getting changed. “Gorgeous dress, would look much better on her if she could lose a bit of weight though.” I didn’t try on another dress all day, went home and sobbed on my fiancé’s shoulder and then found my dress on my own at a later date.
That one comment stuck with me and was still in my mind on my wedding day, “do I look ok, do you think mum thinks I look fat.”
🙌🏻 This is exactly what I meant in my post. Your mothers words ruined two of the most special days for you, your dress shopping and your wedding day. She made you feel less due to her own thoughts that should never have been spoken. What does that level of cruelty achieve? It’s bizarre. I’m sorry that you felt that way about yourself, I bet you looked gorgeous ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Poor Nikki. I think anorexia is still the mental illness with the highest mortality rate. She had been so ill for so so long. I hope the number of people who tried to help this final time gave her and her family some comfort at least.
Oh it is ☹ I’ve been there myself close to death from anorexia. It’s just the worst and honestly impossible to get shut off. I’ve said before I’m a mother with two beautiful girls one coming to her teen years when it really started to kick off for me I try my best to tell her how beautiful she is, etc I do honestly do everything in my power because my god I do not want my girl to go through what I went through/going through m. I defiantly not ‘ill’ like I was for so long now but still I’m so restrictive and she notices and I’ve said every excuse under the sun 😔 and she’s the sweetest girl always saying the sweetest things about me. I’m just been honest here please don’t hate on me for that I love my girls more than anything in the world and I try my best. It’s just a long and hard journey.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Thanks Restless Native. I couldn't remember where the nickname came from (Rob K apparently) but it was one I'd come across before. I don't appreciate being jumped all over as if I'd christened or directed it at her myself.
I hope you don’t think I was attacking you when I said it was a vile way of speaking about a woman. I understood you were relaying what you had heard. I’m sorry if I made you feel bad.

When a person is visually as unwell as Nicky was, could they be sectioned and force fed in hospital? I’m not placing blame, it’s clear her family and friends tried to do all they could for her. It’s heartbreaking for anyone to suffer from from especially from such a young age.

Reactions: 10
🤣That was hands down the best tv moment ever.
Sometimes I still Youtube that if I'm feeling particularly down.

My mother said I look like a witch, which is nice of her. I always tell my kids how gorgeous they are all the time. They're probably sick of it!!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I hope you don’t think I was attacking you when I said it was a vile way of speaking about a woman. I understood you were relaying what you had heard. I’m sorry if I made you feel bad.

When a person is visually as unwell as Nicky was, could they be sectioned and force fed in hospital? I’m not placing blame, it’s clear her family and friends tried to do all they could for her. It’s heartbreaking for anyone to suffer from from especially from such a young age.
The problem you have in a lot of these cases is that it’s such a deep routed issue it would be futile and may well precipitate death in any event. The physically and psychologically trauma of being force fed is a huge risk and more than likely would bring on a cardiac arrest as a result. Just so sad 😰

• Sad
The problem you have in a lot of these cases is that it’s such a deep routed issue it would be futile and may well precipitate death in any event. The physically and psychologically trauma of being force fed is a huge risk and more than likely would bring on a cardiac arrest as a result. Just so sad 😰
It’s horrific. She must have been in so much pain and so scared.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
And here,s Camilla Dallerup saying hi to me

nearly 20 years later

sorry if I ain’t supposed to show this

im so thrilled
Genuine question, why would you want to reveal your personal Twitter page on an anonymous forum? There are a lot of dodgers about and we would have still believed you if you’d cropped out your handle/blocked out your photo!

Good of her to respond though, she always struck me as someone who appreciated their fans.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.