Secret Celeb Gossip #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t get the appeal with Kate Moss at all. She’s just a model who was wisely advised to not give interviews.

Reactions: 12
I’ve personally never found her attractive.
I think she’s beautiful. She has beautiful angles and takes make up really well.
I’ve seen her in the flesh quite a lot in the early naughties. And her bone structure is off the scale. She’s stunning. However her daughter and sister are not in her league.

Reactions: 8
I think it’s sad how she has changed from an intelligent woman and role model for women and maths to an inflatable doll

Reactions: 20
Excellent #content

Reactions: 6
I heard that when she appeared on Question Time she didn't come across as Brain of Britain.

Reactions: 5
I’ve personally never found her attractive.
I’m not being nasty but I don’t find many models attractive really, they have more of a striking look to me (although I don’t think KM has that either)

Reactions: 7
Carol ‘I’ve never had Botox they were special facials, the menopause made my boobs and bum grow’ Vorderman clearly has some issues

Reactions: 21
Oh yeah Gino is completely playing up to the Italian stereotype...which come to think of it is kinda offensive in a way.

The same as Jane Mcdonald acts up her northern lass routine
He's lived here for nearly 30 years so his accent is definitely exaggerated now.

Reactions: 9
I always think of Alec Baldwin and Hilaria as the characters in the film 'It's Complicated' where he marries a slightly deranged Spanish younger woman who's desperate for more babies.
She's like Manuel in Fawlty Towers...

Yeah, I hate seeing people post the oh-so-hilarious quip, "How do you know someone is vegan? They tell you!".

I reply with how many vegans have you met that you didn't know were vegan? Well, you wouldn't know as they didn't mention it. The only time I mention it is if it comes up naturally in conservation, or someone notices what I eat and asks if I'm vegetarian, or vegan. I'm happy to talk about it, but even then I sometimes I still do get attacked.

Okay, I mentioned it further up, but I was being flippant about minorities being attacked.

I was vegetarian for 28 years and went vegan 3 years ago, that was purely from talking to others and learning about it. My boyfriend is omni and eats meat and dairy at home, we do have a separate freezer and pans etc, but he'll often eat vegan with me, or we'll do a meal that goes with a protein like a roast, stew, pasta dish and add our separate proteins at serving. It's pretty straight forward.

He's lived here for nearly 30 years so his accent is definitely exaggerated now.
I know someone who lives here from Italy. I didn’t notice until I spoke to him over the phone rather than face to face but he sounds exactly like Gino D’campo. I’ve not told him funnily enough.

Reactions: 3
I don’t get the appeal with Kate Moss at all. She’s just a model who was wisely advised to not give interviews.
When you compare her to the likes of Cindy Crawford and the other original supermodels you realise how ordinary looking she is. She can’t hold a candle to any of them.

I’m a meat eater, to be honest I don’t even eat it once a week and I have been vegetarian, I think with vegans it’s the same with everything, a few give the lot a bad name, I have a friend who’s vegan. All she does is post about it on Instagram. Says she wouldn’t date a meat eater. Her children will be vegan, she’s very passionate about it which is fine, but it’s over the top. Do I often feel guilty about the meat industry yep, is that me issue with vegans. Nope.

I think you’re really over thinking this. Words don’t change all the time- you’re talking about a time period of 50 years in the post above! Half a century!

I don’t know why you’re worried about walking on eggs shells, surely if someone says “don’t use half caste anymore say dual heritage” that’s the end of it? Why would you tie yourself up in knots trying to find a way to go back to using half caste?

you’re totally right that white, Right wing usually men try to whip up racial hatred by pretending you can’t say merry Xmas or celebrate Xmas. They do the same by pretending that language constantly changes and you can’t be expected to “keep up” with acceptable ways of referring to different minorities. It hasn’t changed much at all over the years

also someone’s mixed race best mate, or Tina Turner, or the ubiquitous black best friend, doesn’t get to decide how black people as a race are referred to.

No, but by that reckoning, one person telling me it's dual-heritage doesn't speak on behalf of a race.

Likewise with the LGBTQ+ community, my friends use different terminology to describe themselves.

Agreed, but If that’s what that person wanted you to say in a professional work environment it’s hardly worth fighting against.

in reality, you weigh up lots of different sources, do your own research and work it out that way.

Reactions: 2
Does a fine remember the footballer Joey Barton signing for a French team and talking in this really bad, Allo Allo style French accent during the press conference? What a twat
And Steve McCartney speaking with a bad Dutch accent when he was manager of Twente.

Reactions: 4
I don’t get the appeal with Kate Moss at all.
She got lucky. She's what, 5'7? Since when was someone under 5'9 considered model material? She just seemed to capture the zeitgeist of early 90s, heroin chic, Britpop, McQueen, Calvin Klein. If she showed up earlier or later she wouldn't have been the icon she is now.

Oh the ethnic heritage minefield! I find it's people who are not of a certain ethnicity or race who are quick chastise people. If you are coming from a good place, not trying to insult someone, you should be alright. It's people on the internet, specifically Twitter who love bitching someone out. Sad individuals really.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.