Secret Celeb Gossip #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jenny Eclair blocked me on Twitter. It was about Gogglebox. They were featuring an art programme on it, I can’t remember what, but one of the Gogglebox families were a bit scathing, or not understanding what it was and she put out a very rude tweet calling them Philistines. I said each to their own and she told me to duck off and then blocked me. I get massive witch vibes from her.

She used to be a Loose Woman and when she was on she said that when she was younger she looked very much like Debbie Harry, one of the most beautiful and striking women in recent times. Apart from they both had dyed blond hair they couldn’t look any different. Carol McGiffen pissed herself laughing and said you looked nothing like her. She couldn’t stop laughing and Eclair looked very offended. Eclair had a Couple of books out recently, about menopause and a novel, so she has been visible doing publicity.
I always thought Jenny Eclair looked like Su Pollard 🤣
Edit - I kept reading and I can see someone else has already said it. Sorry xx

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Re Sam Kane’s extramarital shenanigans:

Or indeed sporting a “hairstyle” for the want of a better description, that is seemingly modelled on how he imagines Farah Fawcett's Nanna would look if she had substance abuse issues, and had won a small lottery prize.

Never
Trisha Paytas "fans only" leak on twitter 🤢🤢🤢
Never heard of her ! Is she well-known?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I think the comedian is Deborah Frances White, she use to do lots of improvised comedy and am aware of her not being nice.

Can also confirm she does stand up - she did a charity gig & died on her arse/started trying to start an auction for tickets for her own show (which didn’t go well) and then started trying to bully the audience into making donations to the charity.

I’m another former Guilty Feminist listener, but stopped when Sofie Hagen left, although I’d already been put off by some really strange comments they’d made against breastfeeding (comparisons to parasites & “wanting to get your body back” - am fine with women having their own goals with feeding, but the emphasis seemed to be on looking good and not having any responsibility).

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I think the comedian is Deborah Frances White, she use to do lots of improvised comedy and am aware of her not being nice.

Can also confirm she does stand up - she did a charity gig & died on her arse/started trying to start an auction for tickets for her own show (which didn’t go well) and then started trying to bully the audience into making donations to the charity.

I’m another former Guilty Feminist listener, but stopped when Sofie Hagen left, although I’d already been put off by some really strange comments they’d made against breastfeeding (comparisons to parasites & “wanting to get your body back” - am fine with women having their own goals with feeding, but the emphasis seemed to be on looking good and not having any responsibility).
I'm not sure how I feel about Sofie Hagen. I listened to the Comedian's Comedian Podcast (from about a year ago - I'm catching up on the ones I've not listened to) and she talked about being ostracised by her peers, which made me feel really bad for her. The "trolling website" she mentions must be that awful kiwifarms forum - which I suspect is mostly populated by men with a chip on their shoulder about her - their main problem being, that she's overweight and proud. Which isn't a crime, it's her body.

She talks about how her mother was very blunt, to-the-point, and had little ability to use nuance or show compassion, and reckons it influences her own world view and way of expressing herself. But she can sound very braggish/arrogant, (she loves to say "I'm very intelligent" a lot and talk about how talented she is). Not sure if it's lost in translation as she's Danish or she really does have buckets of self belief about her "gifts". Though, in stand up, you kinda have to.

A long time ago I was at a charity auction (I was a plus-one and had no idea what the evening would involve) where no-one was buying tickets or showing much enthusiasm, with the host almost pleading/haranguing people to bid - to be fair, the options weren't that great. Not a pleasant atmosphere to be in!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I used to organise graduation ceremonies in a previous job and the honorary degrees are not managed properly. They are supposed to be nods to leaders in their field who come and give a rousing and inspiring talk to the new graduates. When this happens it’s great and really memorable but, all too often, they just ramble on for far longer than they’re supposed to and make it all about them.
me too. Was part of my previous life. It’s basically a PR opportunity. The university I worked for gave an honorary degree to Jimmy Savile

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Re Sam Kane’s extramarital shenanigans:

Or indeed sporting a “hairstyle” for the want of a better description, that is seemingly modelled on how he imagines Farah Fawcett's Nanna would look if she had substance abuse issues, and had won a small lottery prize.

Never

Never heard of her ! Is she well-known?
I've only ever heard of her from celebrity big brother.

Reactions: 1
Yes, read her book she has so much empathy for everyone and is funny with it, not preachy or patronising just telling it like it is, that life can be an unfair game of luck for some with mental health issues.
Or just sometimes we are all just struggling, and that is OK too, no matter what the outside world things of us. Its an awful time at the moment and there is no reason to see your doctor (if you can get an appointment) that explains you are feeling very overwhelmed too.

Virtually hugging all.
When my mother died I struggled to read books as I couldn't concentrate until I found a copy of Jo Brand's book
I was feeling v low but her warmth and wit gave me a boost

• Heart
Reactions: 19
he said he’s boycotting sainsburys because they’re celebrating black history month, because it “promotes racial segregation” or some cobblers and i just........... 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

just get in the bin
There is an argument that by condensing black history to one month a year, and ignoring it the rest of the year, is again a type of segregation. It should be integrated into the curriculum and available all year. I have a black friend who was very vocal about their distaste for the month and I asked why. I see their point of view, and it makes sense. However, at this point, it's all we have and the kids need to hear about black history since the decolonisation of the curriculum is taking a lot longer than it needs to. Perhaps he should lend his voice to backing the decolonisation of the curriculum rather than attacking the one month a year that children experience a full unbiased lesson about history.

Reactions: 15
There is an argument that by condensing black history to one month a year, and ignoring it the rest of the year, is again a type of segregation. It should be integrated into the curriculum and available all year. I have a black friend who was very vocal about their distaste for the month and I asked why. I see their point of view, and it makes sense. However, at this point, it's all we have and the kids need to hear about black history since the decolonisation of the curriculum is taking a lot longer than it needs to. Perhaps he should lend his voice to backing the decolonisation of the curriculum rather than attacking the one month a year that children experience a full unbiased lesson about history.
I do see your friends point, but I think it's been positive and an excellent catalyst for change. My children learnt about famous Black people in history and recently learnt about Windrush at school outside bhm. He goes to a Catholic school not in any large metropolis so it's not as if it's a trendy London school. Hes reading the serialisation in The Times of David Olusogas book on Black British history. ( it's for children and is excellent . Lawrence Fox should read it as hes so concerned about black and Asian actors getting parts in historical dramas). I think this is a result of 10 years of Black history month. We are Indian heritage so it's not my sons history but I do feel that the campaigning and establishment of BHM has been a contributing factor in the curriculum changing. I do feel there should be further decolonisation of the curriculum and that the study of British history should include all colonialism, including of India and of all the people of the Empire who fought and died for Britain and have been shamefully forgotten. Im impressed at the progress that's been made since I was ar school and even in the 8 years my son has been at school. On the point of Lawrence Fox, he doesnt care about decolo isation of the curriculum because he refuses to see a problem. His point is that everything is fine and should stay as it is. Even though his posh education gave him no understanding of racism or of any British history of Empire.

Reactions: 14
The mystery bully comedian (according to Fern Brady’s Twitter account) is not:

Sara Pascoe
Sandi Toksvig
Katherine Ryan

Someone put Sarah Millican to her but it remained unanswered. Really hope it’s not her.
I'm so glad it's not Katherine Ryan. I know she's not everyone's cup of tea but I love her. She wouldn't suffer fools gladly, and I can see that gets categorised as "witch" by some people, but I just don't see her being an awful Ellen type.

I'm really scared it might be Aisling Bea, who has always seemed lovely :/

Reactions: 4
When my mother died I struggled to read books as I couldn't concentrate until I found a copy of Jo Brand's book
I was feeling v low but her warmth and wit gave me a boost
So sorry to hear about your mum Eirawen, really glad the book gave you some comfort.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Laurence Fox was talking about how it is wrong to criminlise Hollacaust denial - he is defently going more and more in the Katie Hopkins direction.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.